Duke of Cambridge: Working Visit to Namibia, Tanzania & Kenya - September 24-30, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rudolph

Majesty
City
Country
Canada
Duke of Cambridge: Working Visit to Namibia, Tanzania & Kenya - September 24-30, 2018

The Duke of Cambridge to visit Namibia

The Duke of Cambridge, Prince William, is set to visit Namibia, on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th September, as part of his trip to Africa ahead of the Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference that will be held in London on 11th and 12th of October, 2018.

The aim of the conference is to strengthen international partnerships across borders and beyond government and focus on three key themes: tackling Illegal Wildlife Trade as an organised crime; building coalitions and closing markets.

During his visit, His Royal Highness will meet with His Excellency Vice President Nangolo Mbumba.

The Duke will also attend an event to celebrate UK-Namibia relations at the Residence of The British High Commissioner, Kate Airey, where he will meet key figures working in conservation as well as young people, business leaders, and mental health activists.

————————————————————————

The Duke of Cambridge to visit Tanzania

The Duke of Cambridge, Prince William, is set to visit Dar es Salaam on Thursday 27th of September and Moshi on Saturday 29th of September, to raise awareness of the Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference that will be held in London on 11th and 12th of October, 2018.

During his visit, His Royal Highness will meet with the President of the United Republic of Tanzania, H.E President Magufuli to discuss the President’s efforts to combat illegal wildlife trade in Tanzania.

The Duke will also visit the Dar es Salaam port where he will learn more about the work Tanzania is doing to combat illegal wildlife trade with support from the UK Government.

In Moshi, His Royal Highness will visit the College of African Wildlife Management

————————————————————————

The Duke of Cambridge to visit Kenya

The Duke of Cambridge, Prince William, will visit Kenya on Sunday 30th September 2018, as part of a series of public and private engagements in Africa.

During his visit, His Royal Highness will visit 1st Battalion the Irish Guards Battlegroup, who will be training in the country under the British Army Training Unit Kenya (BATUK), in his role as Colonel of the Regiment.

The Irish Guards Battlegroup will include an Infantry Company from the Kenya Army. His Royal Highness will see how British and Kenyan troops are training together to improve performance on operations, for the benefit of both countries.

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Namibia, Tanzania and Kenya

Last edited:
“Absolutely delighted to be welcoming HRH Prince William to Namibia next week. This will be the first official Royal visit since 1991 and a great opportunity to strengthen ties between two Commonwealth partners @KensingtonRoyal @hagegeingob @NamPresidency”

Via Kate Airey Twitter. U.K. High Commissioner to Namibia.

“I am delighted that HRH The Duke of Cambridge will be visiting Tanzania later this month. I look forward to hosting him and showcasing the work that the Tanzanian Government has done with support from the UK to combat the illegal wildlife trade.”

Via Sarah Cooke Twitter. U.K. High Commissioner to Tanzania

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge has arrived in Namibia & today met with a delegation including Vice President Nangolo Mbumba & Environment minister, Pohamba Shifeta to discuss, amongst other things, climate change & poaching.

This is the first official royal visit to Namibia since the Queen's visit in 1991.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Video 1 ** Video 2

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge has arrived in Namibia & today met with a delegation including Vice President Nangolo Mbumba & Environment minister, Pohamba Shifeta to discuss, amongst other things, climate change & poaching.

This is the first official royal visit to Namibia since the Queen's visit in 1991.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Video 1 ** Video 2
William seems increasingly at ease in his role now.

Yes, it's very nice to see him settling into what will be his role for some years to come.

Prince William is presented with a rhino statue by Namibia’s vice-president on the first stop of his African tour to highlight conservation efforts. The Duke presented the vice-president with a photo of the Queen taken during HM’s 1991 royal visit.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

Last edited:
Yes I have to agree that he seems more confident and content with his role in the past year.

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for Namibia. Dr Simon Case, Miss Zoë Ware and Mr Jason Knauf are in attendance.

- Court Circular ll 23 September 2018

The Duke of Cambridge this morning arrived at Hosea Kutako International Airport, Windhoek, and was received by the British High Commissioner to the Republic of Namibia (Her Excellency Ms Kate Airey).

His Royal Highness later called upon His Excellency Mr Nangolo Mbumba (Vice-President of the Republic of Namibia) at Old State House, Windhoek.

The Duke of Cambridge this evening attended a Conservation Dinner at Hoanib Valley Camp, Kunene.

- Court Circular ll 24 September 2018

Last edited:
Delightful reception with HRH The Duke of Cambridge at my home in Windhoek this evening. The Duke met some great Namibians doing amazing work on conservation, mental health and the Commonwealth.

Pic ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Via Kate Airey Twitter. U.K. High Commissioner to Namibia

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, Tusk Trust, this morning viewed the work of Save the Rhino in Kunene, Namibia.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Tusk Trust, later met members of the local community involved in the Kunene People’s Park Initiative, Kunene.

The Duke of Cambridge this evening attended a Reception at the Residence of the British High Commissioner to the Republic of Namibia (Her Excellency Ms Kate Airey) in Windhoek.

- Court Circular || 25 September 2018

Last edited:
""I am delighted to be visiting Namibia for the first time. I am only sorry my wife Catherine is not able to join me," Prince William said in a speech at a British High Commissioner’s reception in Windhoek today. "She is immensely jealous, particularly as I am looking forward to a few good, uninterrupted nights of sleep this week away from my wonderful children," he continued."
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...WTCO&utm_medium=social-media&src=socialflowTW

He also said that this was his first visit to nambidia and that kate has visited nambidia several times. Never knew that....So much we don't know about her or ever will.

""I am delighted to be visiting Namibia for the first time. I am only sorry my wife Catherine is not able to join me," Prince William said in a speech at a British High Commissioner’s reception in Windhoek today. "She is immensely jealous, particularly as I am looking forward to a few good, uninterrupted nights of sleep this week away from my wonderful children," he continued."
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...WTCO&utm_medium=social-media&src=socialflowTW

That made me excited; I never heard him before refer to "my wife", that is so warm IMO.
:flowers:

The Duke of Cambridge this morning departed from Hosea Kutako International Airport, Windhoek, Namibia, for Tanzania and was received later upon arrival at Julius Nyerere International Airport, Dar es Salaam, by the British High Commissioner to the United Republic of Tanzania (Her Excellency Ms Sarah Cooke).

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Conservation Reception given by the British High Commissioner to the United Republic of Tanzania at the Residence in Dar es Salaam.

- Court Circular || 26 September 2018

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge was received this morning by The President of the United Republic of Tanzania at the State House, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

His Royal Highness, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, later visited the Marine Unit and Port in Dar es Salaam.

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, afterwards visited the ivory stockpile at Mpingo House.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Tusk Trust, this evening visited the rhino sanctuary at Mkomazi National Park.

- Court Circular ll 27 September 2018

The Duke of Cambridge was welcomed by the president of Tanzania yesterday.

Reactions: eya
The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, Tusk Trust, today visited the Education Centre and this afternoon visited the Wild Dogs Breeding Centre at Mkomazi National Park, Tanzania.

- Court Circular || 28 September 2018

The Duke of Cambridge, Tusk Patron, visited Mkomazi National Park to learn more about conservation efforts on the front line of a Tanzanian National Park.

Mkomazi Rhino Sanctuary is working to establish a viable breeding population of 50 black rhino, whose offspring will be used to reinforce existing populations in Tanzania. In 2012 The Duke of Cambridge visited black rhinos Grumeti and Zawadi before they were flown to Tanzania from the UK — At Mkomazi Rhino Sanctuary The Duke met Grumeti’s daughter Mobo.

During his visit to the Rhino Sanctuary, The Duke joined the team at Mkomazi to replace a security fence.

The Duke visited Mkomazi’s educational initiative at Rafiki Wa Faru, where children from 14 local villages learn all about rhinos and other wildlife — in the hope that Mkomazi’s rhino population will never again be wiped out by poachers. #EndWildlifeCrime

https://twitter.com/mayhewcharlie/status/1045993167424802816?s=21

https://twitter.com/mayhewcharlie/status/1045994951996297216?s=21

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/status/1046045901582684162?s=21

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/status/1046045893542195206?s=21

Last edited:
It would’ve been great if William was producing live YouTube or Twitter video feeds while checking on the rhinos and other wildlife on his conservation work.

Last edited:
NAIROBI, 30 September 2018 (PSCU) – President Uhuru Kenyatta today held talks with Prince William Arthur, the Duke of Cambridge, who paid him a courtesy call at State House, Nairobi.

The one-on-one meeting between President Kenyatta and Prince William mainly focused on wildlife conservation.

The Duke of Cambridge, who was accompanied by the British High Commissioner to Kenya, Nic Hailey, briefed President Kenyatta on the Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference that will be held in London on 11 and 12 October.

Prince William’s meeting with President Kenyatta concludes a seven-day tour of Africa that saw him visit Namibia, Tanzania and Kenya.

Prince William is the patron of the Royal African Society, a long-standing institution dedicated to promoting Africa in the UK. He is also the President of United for Wildlife, an organisation which fights illegal trade in wildlife as well as the patron of Tusk, a UK-base charity organisation which promotes wildlife conservation in Africa.

The second in the line to the throne - who served in the British military from 2006-2013 ending his career as a Royal Air Force rescue helicopter pilot - visited in combat fatigues in his role as Colonel General of the Irish Guards, a British Army infantry unit.
Slideshow (16 Images)

He joined more than 100 soldiers in the bush for military drills.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...roops-in-kenya-trains-with-them-idUSKCN1MA0VQ

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, today visited the College of African Wildlife Management, Mweka, Tanzania.

His Royal Highness later departed Moshi Airport for Kenya.

- Court Circular || 29 September 2018

The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel, Irish Guards, this morning visited the British Army Training Unit Kenya, Laikipia, and was received by the British High Commissioner to the Republic of Kenya (His Excellency Mr Nicolas Hailey).

His Royal Highness was received later by The President of the Republic of Kenya at State House, Nairobi.

The Duke of Cambridge this evening departed Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, for the United Kingdom.

- Court Circular || 30 September 2018

He shoots, he scores....eventually!

Prince William struggles to score a goal playing football against the Irish Guards in Kenya's Nanyuki but makes friends with local school children.

#PrinceWilliam #RoyalTour #Kenya

Back
Top Bottom