The Duke of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h
Prince William is attending the England vs Peru FIFA World Cup warm up match at Wembley Stadium this afternoon, as President of the @FA

Video:
HRH Duke of Cambridge gives England World Cup rally call-
HRH Duke of Cambridge gives England World Cup rally call - England | The FA

Dash @DashRoyal · 21m
Prince William: "I can assure you that George & I will be having a go ourselves with this special red and blue ball"

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin @WindsorEditor · 1m
Prince Charles & William joint engagement on 9th July. They’ll attend a reception to mark handover of the British sub-aqua club presidency.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 3s
Prince William is taking over as President of the British sub-aqua club from Prince Charles after 40 years, with a handover on 9th July.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 1m
Prince Charles & William joint engagement on 9th July. They’ll attend a reception to mark handover of the British sub-aqua club presidency.

Martin @WindsorEditor · 3s
Prince William is taking over as President of the British sub-aqua club from Prince Charles after 40 years, with a handover on 9th July.

Aha! Them two have been in cahoots together and plotting this move without giving us any clue! :lol:

I love seeing stuff like this. It must make Charles feel so proud as a father to be handing the reins of this presidency over to his oldest son.

Video: Go Under Water with Prince William-
The Prince of Wales, President of the British Sub-Aqua Club from 1974 to 2014, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge, who recently succeeded His Royal Highness as President of the British Sub-Aqua Club, attend a reception to mark the handover of the Presidency at Oasis Sports Centre, London.The Duke of Cambridge joined activity sessions taking place in the swimming pool, snorkelling with some of B.S.A.C.'s youngest members and buddying up with a young scuba diver-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge has called on councils to secure the long-term future of memorial parks honouring Britain's war dead on his first public engagement as president of the Fields in Trust (FiT) charity. William was visiting Coventry's War Memorial Park today which is the first green space in the country to be dedicated as part of the charity's Centenary Fields programme-
Home - ITNSource News

Has William succumbed to the loom band craze? Prince spotted wearing plastic bracelet loved by the Duchess of Cambridge and David Beckham during Coventry visit-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-Cambridge-David-Beckham-Coventry-visit.html

Last edited:
Glad to see that these spaces are being preserved for quiet moments and happy play.

As always, love the Duke with kids, and I have to say this,the man has a smile that makes you smile too.

This kind of story from the Daily Mail is why the Cambridges and KP should be pissed at the press. It is bad enough when they focus on Kate's hair and dress, but William's loom bands is more important than why he was there and what he did? Come on. A kid gave it to him there and he put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

This kind of article makes me think that DM reporters don't need to know the definition of words. Wearing a bracelet that a child have him doesn't make William a fan of the product. Nor does it make Kate one, as she got hers in the same manner. David Beckham might be a fan... Or his kids might be, and he's just a good dad.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge paid tribute to the "common effort and common sacrifices" made during the First World War as he opened a new permanent exhibition to the conflict. After touring the Imperial War Museum's new display which brings the war to life through personal possessions, priceless artefacts, military hardware and films he described the attraction as a "spectacular project".-
Home - ITNSource News

William seemed quite animated while discussing the overhead exhibits at the IWM.

As always, love the Duke with kids, and I have to say this,the man has a smile that makes you smile too.

You and I are on the same page here. Wills has a very engaging smile, and when he's with kids, you can see he's having a blast. One day, I'd love to see him interacting with children. Bet he'd put a lot of teachers to shame.

This kind of story from the Daily Mail is why the Cambridges and KP should be pissed at the press. It is bad enough when they focus on Kate's hair and dress, but William's loom bands is more important than why he was there and what he did? Come on. A kid gave it to him there and he put it on.

Leave it to the Daily Rag to turn a sweet gesture into something negative. The bracelet was given to him by a child, and the fact that he chose to wear it is sweet. I know that whenever my preschool kids make me something, I make sure to display it where they can see it. It lets them know that I appreciate their thoughtfulness, and love. William's gesture says the same thing. It's not a negative thing, but just the opposite.

I think they are already pissed at most of the press, and with good reason.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the press just loves to mess with the minds of people and try to make the very people that they are covering look bad so that there is this anger that builds over time and then people that buy the papers start to believe this junk they write of which none of it is basically true. Isn't this a form of manipulation?
Why couldn't they just report it the correct way and be done with it?

Bedford Academy shortlisted for award by judges including HRH The Duke of Cambridge and England international Theo Walcott | Beds On Sunday
BEDFORD Academy on Mile Road, Bedford, has been shortlisted along side 34 other schools in a national competition organised by British Council, The Football Association, Football League and Premier League.
As part of the ‘Football Remembers’ project, pupils in schools across the country were asked to design a permanent memorial to the football games played on the Western Front during the Christmas Truce in December 1914.
Schools handpicked by Prince for exhibit | Burton Mail
THREE local primary schools have been handpicked by Prince William to make the final in a national competition to immortalise the Christmas Truce of 1914.
St Peter's, in Yoxall, Belmont Primary School, in Swadlincote and Findern Primary school are three of 30,000 schools in the UK which were asked to take part in the competition which sees pupils design a permanent memorial to the football matches played along the Western Front during the Christmas Truce.

Stortford school's First World War football memorial scores with Prince William and Theo Walcott | Bishops Stortford Herts & Essex Observer
A DESIGN by pupils at a Bishop's Stortford primary school has made the final shortlist in a national competition to design a permanent memorial to the football matches played along the Western Front during the First World War's Christmas truce.
The St Michael's Church of England Primary children's effort is one of 34 deemed good enough for a memorial by judges the Duke of Cambridge, who is president of the Football Association, and Arsenal and England star Theo Walcott.
Prince William and Theo Walcott to judge Walsall school's World War One memorial design | Walsall Advertiser
STUDENTS from a Walsall school are jumping for joy after their design for a memorial to commemorate a stand-out moment of World War One made the finals of a national competition.
Queen Mary’s Grammar School is one of 34 schools to be shortlisted for the competition, which is part of the Football Remembers project.
And their design will now be judged by both Prince William, HRH The Duke of Cambridge and Arsenal and England star, Theo Walcott.

Sandhurst student shortlisted for war memorial competition - Get Reading
Nathan Jones, of Sandhurst School, is one of 34 pupils from across the country to make the finals of the Football Remembers project which will see a permanent memorial placed at the National Memorial Arboretum

The competition will be judged by HRH The Duke of Cambridge who is the president of the FA, and Arsenal and England star Theo Walcott, with guidance from the British Council and the National Memorial Arboretum.

Spencer Turner's Christmas Truce memorial picked out by FA President and Theo Walcott - About Football Association | The FA
Newcastle schoolboy Spencer Turner has been chosen by FA President HRH The Duke of Cambridge and Theo Walcott as the winner of a competition to design a memorial to the Christmas Truce games of 1914.

The talented ten-year-old from Farne primary school entered the Football Remembers competition as part of an education resource put together by the British Council with the joint involvement of The FA, the Premier League and the Football League. Spencer’s winning design was singled out by the high-profile judges as the stand-out entry of a competition open to every school in the country.

Newcastle schoolboy to see his design become permanent war memorial - Chronicle Live
Spencer Turner received the news that his footballing war memorial idea won a national competition from Newcastle United stars

A schoolboy artist has seen his design picked by Prince William to become a permanent memorial to the footballers of World War One.

Premier League stars will this December pay their respects to those who played in the 1914 Christmas Truce match in Flanders, Belgium.

And ahead of Football Remembers Week Newcastle United’s Steven Taylor and Adam Armstrong surprised 10-year-old Spencer Turner with the news that his idea will become the latest addition to the National Memorial Arboretum.

...Spencer’s drawing of a handshake with a football had been selected by The Duke of Cambridge, who is president of The FA, and Arsenal and England forward Theo Walcott.

What a handsome young man and what great work. Hats off to him and his thoughtful work.

Duke of Cambridge contributes to cookbook
A new cookbook, The Dragons’ Kitchen, features a contribution from Prince William – but not in the way you’d expect!

The 32 year-old Prince has written the foreword to the new book, which is a collection of recipes put together by Welsh Rugby players in order to raise money for the Welsh Rugby Charitable Trust (WRCT). The Duke of Cambridge is Patron of the trust, which was set up in 1972, with the aim to support the families of those rugby players who have been injured while playing the sport in Wales.

Among the Welsh rugby stars to contribute to the book are Sam Warburton, with his recipe for Chilli Con Carne; Alex Cuthbert with his Cheesy Pasta Bake, and Richard Hibbard with a recipe for a Spicy Veggie Burger. Even a few ex-players got into the act, with Gareth Thomas including a recipe for White Chocolate Berry Cheesecake, Richard Parks writing one for Welsh Roast Lamb and Derek Quinnell revealing how to made Madora’s Risolles.

FA President HRH Duke of Cambridge to unveil Christmas Truce Monument - About Football Association | The FA
HRH The Duke of Cambridge will attend a dedication ceremony for a monument commemorating the 1914 Christmas Truce at the National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas, Staffordshire on Friday 12 December 2014.

The memorial unveil is part of Football Remembers, a series of events in December being delivered jointly by the Premier League, The FA and the Football League in partnership with the British Council, to commemorate the First World War.

Prince William: Duke of Cambridge and Theo Walcott to attend unveiling of war memorial | Derby Telegraph
Prince William and footballer Theo Walcott are to attend a performance by a Derbyshire school choir at the unveiling of a First World War memorial tomorrow.

The Duke of Cambridge and the Arsenal forward will make the trip to see the grand opening of the Christmas Truce Memorial – which commemorates the Christmas day football matches during the Great War.

Repton School’s Chamber Choir – consisting of 27 children – will perform Silent Night and the national anthem at the event.

Videos:
Watch 10-year-old Spencer join the Duke of Cambridge to unveil a memorial to the WW1 Christmas Day truce-

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/543370122623082496

The Duke of Cambridge has attended a dedication ceremony for the Football Remembers memorial at the National Arboretum in Staffordshire. The design for the memorial, which commemorates the 1914 Christmas Truce, was chosen by Prince William and footballer Theo Walcott. Ten-year old Spencer Turner from Newcastle assisted the Duke in revealing the plaque for the memorial statue-
Home - ITNSource News

BBC News - Prince William hails 'lasting memorial' to WW1 Christmas truce
A memorial to the World War One Christmas Truce, when some British and German soldiers stopped fighting and played football, has been dedicated by the Duke of Cambridge.

England manager Roy Hodgson joined Prince William to unveil the statue at the National Memorial Arboretum.

The story of the truce was a "message of hope and humanity", the prince said.

The Football Remembers memorial was designed by a schoolboy after a UK-wide competition.

Prince William's tribute to men who took part in Christmas Day truce of 1914 | Daily Mail Online
It was the moment two armies laid down their weapons in friendship for a single day before returning to the slaughter the following day.

Now, the Duke of Cambridge has paid tribute to the famous Christmas Day truce of 1914, describing it as 'a message of hope and humanity'.

William was speaking during a dedication ceremony of a monument to the moment at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire.

---------------------------------------------
Watch: Prince William in Aston and Perry Barr on royal visit - Birmingham Mail[/QUOTE]
First-
I'd say the Duke has found another child who will adore him for life in Spencer! Not surprised! Also not surprised that Spencer's mom got choked up! Who wouldn't? When are Spencer and Wills going to play footy in the KP garden?
Why is there a ram/ goat in the pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom