The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overshadowing both this event and the Invictus Games.
How THOUGHTLESS of this *horrid* woman to get pregnant...and be sick... KP had no choice but to announce it today !

Video:
Prince William has arrived in Oxford to formally open The Dickson Poon University building on the on the day he and his wife the Duchess of Cambridge announced the couple were expecting their second child. Kate was due to appear with Prince William today but was too unwell to attend, suffering with hyperemesis gravidarum - acute morning sickness-
Home - ITNSource News

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 12m
William: "I am sorry that Catherine cannot join me today. She is sorry to miss it and she hopes to come back in the future to meet you all"

Last edited:
Yep, if Catherine hadn't been going to start with they wouldn't have had to announce it. Overshadowing both this event and the Invictus Games.

How THOUGHTLESS of this *horrid* woman to get pregnant...and be sick... KP had no choice but to announce it today !

Quite selfish and thoughtless of this terrible couple to conceive another child. And that too on a day when people were expecting to critique her wardrobe on a public engagement - how utterly selfish. Does the world need another Windsor? Perhaps this is another excuse not to work. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe this is because of the rivalry of the Middletons and Prince Harry. Perhaps William and Catherine wanted to spoil Harry's big day.:flowers: :ROFLMAO:

Quite selfish and thoughtless of this terrible couple to conceive another child. And that too on a day when people were expecting to critique her wardrobe on a public engagement - how utterly selfish. Does the world need another Windsor? Perhaps this is another excuse not to work. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe this is because of the rivalry of the Middletons and Prince Harry. Perhaps William and Catherine wanted to spoil Harry's big day.:flowers: :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::lol::lol::lol:
Hach.... soooo many bad People around....... even in the RF...... oh tempores, oh mores.....
Bye Bine

It's amazing how people just don't understand things they read! Hilarious!

William did good today, and kept the focus on the event on the current situation.

It's amazing how people just don't understand things they read! Hilarious!

Fair point. People just don't get the English language like they used to.

PRINCE William said yesterday he and Kate were thrilled to be expecting a second child but admitted his wife had suffered a “tricky few days” of acute morning sickness.

They were forced to announce their happy news early after the Duchess of Cambridge cancelled a visit to Oxford yesterday because she was unwell.
Kate, 32, thought to be about seven weeks’ pregnant, stayed at Kensington Palace under the care of the Queen’s surgeon gynaecologist while William continued with the engagement.

He said: “She’s feeling OK thanks. It’s been a tricky few days – a week or so – but obviously we’re basically thrilled. It’s great news. Early days.” The Duke, 32, added: “We’re hoping things settle down and she feels a bit better.

A royal source said Kate had the same degree of severe morning sickness as two years ago when she spent three nights in hospital with it.
Her condition, hyperemesis gravidarum, led the couple to reveal early that she was pregnant with their first child, Prince George.

Kate remained in London yesterday monitored by physician Alan Farthing assisted by obstetrician Guy Thorpe-Beeston.
Crowds cheer Prince William as he attends solo event without pregnant Kate Middleton | Royal | News | Daily Express

would they rather Kate make the appearances looking pale and barfy and possibly risk a miscarriage just so the news won't "overshadow" some event.

I think much of the complaining is that William has chosen a career that will keep him out of the spotlight and paparatzi pictures. Some actually believe that William and Catherine should 10-16 hours a day making public appearances and nothing else. And especially not take a job that keeps them out of the media glare.

Exactly what are the second in line for European thrones doing with their lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exactly what are the second in line for European thrones doing with their lives.

Going to elementary school, riding bikes, learning to walk and talk?;)

W/C should of used protection:bang: and this way they could then satisfy all the people(mostly the media) by going to events and cut some more ribbons so that they could be criticized for what they wear and for being royal. darn how thoughtless of them to have another child.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Being the children that they are. William is an adult not a child and so more is expected of him now rather than what is expected say of Christian in Denmark or Estelle in Sweden.

Martin @CourtierUK · 7h 6 hours ago
Prince William to host investiture today at Windsor Castle. 3 knighthoods, all for those in education & several notable sports recipients.

It seems that W&K have two separate engagements the same day then.

Martin @CourtierUK · 7h 6 hours ago
Prince William to host investiture today at Windsor Castle. 3 knighthoods, all for those in education & several notable sports recipients.

Soon, there won't be a sportsman without a knighthood. We need more herdsmen and scientists being knighted.

Soon, there won't be a sportsman without a knighthood. We need more herdsmen and scientists being knighted.

Maybe its just me and my dreamy, illusions of courtly love and chivalry cloud I have hanging overhead, but I'd love to see more knighthoods conferred on those that perform heroic deeds.

I read the tweet as the 3 knighthoods were for education and that the notable sports people were for other honors.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

There are only a few sports people with knight/damehoods. There is usually MBE/OBE/CBEs given for achievement and in a time of olympics and commonwealth games, there tends to be a flurry.

Many sporting knighthoods are not actually about the sport - Sir Ian Botham - great all round cricketer got his knighthood for charity.

Daniel Day-Lewis is knighted by Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online
Yesterday, he revealed that he needed to put Christmas bells in Prince George's pocket in a bid to keep up with him.

Today, the Duke of Cambridge was back on the hunt for parenting tips as he made a series of investitures at Buckingham Palace, actor Daniel Day-Lewis among them.

Mr Day-Lewis, 57, was knighted by Prince William during the ceremony in recognition of the triple Oscar winner's services to acting.

The man looks as if he's been doing it all his life- regal, yet approachable at the same time. No offense to HM- if I didn't know better I'd think he was the King! And not wishing her or Charles ill- can't wait till he is!And so handsome in his RAF uniform. I really like when the Duke does an investiture- heck I like anything he does!
The lady in red- that hat- eek!
And congrats to DDL. Really liked Lincoln!

Last edited:
Daniel Day-Lewis is a great actor. One of the best of his generation. It seems like every year he's nominated for a bunch of awards.

I think William's height attributes to his regal bearing. For example King Felipe looks more majestic than King Willem-Alexander.

I agree even though W-A is a tall man like Felipe I believe him to be more regal as well.

:previous: I find the height debate interesting. No one says that Queen Margrethe is more regal than Queen Elizabeth and she has to be a good 6-8 ins taller.

The King of Jordon is very regal

On a personal note, as someone who is 5'2", I find these comments to be "heightist"

ROFL. :))

The man looks as if he's been doing it all his life- regal, yet approachable at the same time. No offense to HM- if I didn't know better I'd think he was the King! And not wishing her or Charles ill- can't wait till he is!And so handsome in his RAF uniform. I really like when the Duke does an investiture- heck I like anything he does!
The lady in red- that hat- eek!
And congrats to DDL. Really liked Lincoln!

In complete agreement regarding William.

:previous: I find the height debate interesting. No one says that Queen Margrethe is more regal than Queen Elizabeth and she has to be a good 6-8 ins taller.

On a personal note, as someone who is 5'2", I find these comments to be "heightist"

As someone who is also a member of the 'short club', I tend to find your last observation quite amusing (in a good way) :D.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

In complete agreement regarding William.

As someone who is also a member of the 'short club', I tend to find your last observation quite amusing (in a good way) :D.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I beg to differ. We are not short!! We are vertically challenged!! ;) :D

Glad to see one of my very favourite actors finally add Sir to his name. Although...If I had to see that one scene from There Will Be Blood used ad nauseum during that year's Award Season where his character was howling about abandoning his boy one more time, I was going to gouge out both my ears and eyes and scream!!!

Sigh...William sure does look so very good in Uniform. :)

William do look very kingly in uniforms and performing Investitures. His wife looked very Queen like last night.

Looking at the side view of William, his Windsor (genetic, not hair) roots are showing so much that I thought he resembled his Uncle Edward a lot. Definitely cuts a fine figure in a uniform. Then again, I think William looks good in just about anything.

Both W&K have stepped up recently and have shown us that they are very much the royal personages that they are.

Very intersting note on height, I find that William's grandmother, Queen Elizabeth to be much more regal then any other queen out there.
And being someone who is 4'11", I think that height is just a matter of mind, if you don't mind, then it doesn't matter(got that from a small saying I framed and put in my BR to remind me that being short is okay...:lol:).

And William does look every inch the Kind today, and it is great to see him and Catherine back out again ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom