The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

That's a Boeing 777-300ER. It's capable of long-range flight, but I guess they were going to change planes in Dallas/Ft. Worth. I wonder where it went after it dropped the Memphis passengers in Dallas. Probably South America. I guess no one saw them on the plane back to the UK.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 1h
On 17th May 2014, Prince William, @FA President, will attend The FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium (via @BritishMonarchy, ht @JamieMcFadden_)

Jamie McFadden ‏@JamieMcFadden_ 1h
Also on @BritishMonarchy website, its confirmed that FA Pres (P.William) will attend FA Cup final where he'll do usual trophy presentation.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-09-2014, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 20m
The Duke of Cambridge will host stars at a dinner at Windsor Castle on May 13 to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden Hospital.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 18m
William's dinner guests on Tuesday will include Kate Moss, Mario Testino, Helena Bonham-Carter, Benedict Cumberbatch and Cara Delevingne.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 15m
The evening will conclude with a performance from award winning British singer songwriter, Emeli Sande, the palace says.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 16m
Breast cancer campaigner Ralph Lauren, who is entering into a new philanthropic partnership with The Royal Marsden, will also be there.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Majesty

Down the hatch: Prince William glugs huge tot of rum on his first day out since Australia-
First royal engagement for William since tour down under with Kate Middleton and George | Royal | News | Daily Express

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
From the expression on the Duke of Cambridge's face, the privileges that come with rank are not always pleasant ones.

The Prince was given a tot of rum as he attended the rededication ceremony of the only surviving British Second World War-era submarine – a ritual usually carried out by newly qualified submariners.

While the lower ranks tend to have their rum watered down, officers are given have less water. In an apparent acknowledgement of his position as Commodore-in-Chief, Submarines, the Duke of Cambridge was given his neat and grimaced after knocking back the shot.
Duke of Cambridge shows that rank can sometimes be a rum deal - Telegraph
Old 05-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 26m
All Prince William's celebrity guests in Ralph Lauren tonight in honour of the designer's generosity to the Royal Marsden

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 9m
Prince William to Ralph and Ricky Lauren at Windsor tonight: "I'm sorry my wife's not here, you probably would far rather you saw my wife."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 16m
Just love this: Helena Bonham Carter said tonight she had met William and Kate before they married while holidaying on Mustique......

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12m
Bonham Carter: "I got very drunk at one point and I was determined to ask him to be a godfather to my daughter. He quite wisely said no."

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 11m
More seriously, Ms Bonham Carter on cancer. "We now live in times when it doesn't mean death; a lot of people are living with the disease."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Majesty

Prince William hosts a star-studded gala dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden-
Prince William hosts a star-studded gala dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden | Royal | News | Daily Express

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

another article and pictures
It's a Windsor Wonderland: Prince William throws open the doors of the Castle for glitzy ball where guests include Kate Moss, Emma Watson and Benedict Cumberbatch - but Kate stays at home with the baby | Mail Online
Old 05-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

What the heck is the woman in the third picture down wearing around her neck? Looks like roadkill.
Dowton Abbey stars?
As always, The Duke in a tux-est of all!
Old 05-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think people look great in Ralph Lauren - but then I am American. But I do think his clothes flatter the general body shape of both men and women.
It looked like people were a bit warm in some of these photos. Not a warm day in London, though.

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 05-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Fabulous occasion, and very gracious of the Duke to host an evening supporting the Hospital and thanking its benefactors.
What a shame Cara Delavigne chose to look like a Crack addict... she COULD look beautiful
Old 05-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Funny, this... and it ran to three tweets
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h Just love this: Helena Bonham Carter said tonight she had met William and Kate before they married while holidaying on Mustique.....

.Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h .....'I got very drunk at one point and I was determined to ask him to be a godfather to my daughter,' she said. 'He quite wisely said no.'
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h
Have to say, every time I have met Helena Bonham Carter she has been a delight to talk to - funny and self depreciating. William, say yes!

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 05-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Which one is she? The one with the roadkill around her neck?
Old 05-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Cara Delavigne appears in the sixth photo...

I think the 'roadkill' woman is the current Mrs Lauren
Old 05-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

No on roadkill: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...74_964x830.jpg

And as to "current" status for Mrs. Lauren - they have been married since 1964.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Courtier

My apologies to the Laurens, then..
Old 05-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Majesty

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 2h
For those who ask why did #Kate not attend #RoyalMarsden #PrinceWilliam bash - the couple like separate gigs to spread influence more widely

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
For those who ask why did #Kate not attend #RoyalMarsden #PrinceWilliam bash - the couple like separate gigs to spread influence more widely
A couple of journos have said this on twitter tonite.

For it to make any sense at all, Catherine needs to get some solo "gigs" in her diary - pronto!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

- Cara Yikes- that eye make up!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
This makes sense to me. It also serves to remind folks (especially with this past one which seemed to be more on a celebratory/party level) that William and Kate attending are as representative of The Queen and they're not just there to party.

I'm sure that Kate will be out and about in the near future but her primary duty and responsibility is with George and I think both William and Kate are very serious about being his primary care givers and the nanny is there to assist rather than do all the child rearing. The Cambridges are definitely very hands on parents.