The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he take one of the complimentary pretzel bags?

It was only the flight from Memphis to Dallas where he flew coach. Short flights like that probably don't even have a first class. I doubt he flew coach for the transatlantic portion of the flight home.

That's a Boeing 777-300ER. It's capable of long-range flight, but I guess they were going to change planes in Dallas/Ft. Worth. I wonder where it went after it dropped the Memphis passengers in Dallas. Probably South America. I guess no one saw them on the plane back to the UK.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 57m
Pomp and ceremony for William: the Duke of Cambridge will take the salute at Beating Retreat on Horse Guards Parade on June 12.

That's right, keep up the ceremonial roles William.

Last edited:
Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 13m
The Duke of Cambridge is in Irish Guards black frock coat, not red uniform as previously thought, to take the salute at Beating Retreat.

Prince William takes salute at Beating Retreat:
PRINCE William took the salute for the first time tonight at one of the highlights of London's ceremonial summer of pomp and pageantry-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/482055/Prince-William-takes-salute-at-Beating-Retreat

Pomp, pageantry and a (very smart) Prince: William leads the charge at spectacular musical tribute to Britain's armed forces at Beating Retreat-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-Britains-armed-forces-Beating-Retreat.html

Last edited:
According to the Court Circular for 13th June:

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge, this morning chaired a Meeting of The Prince’s Council at Clarence House.

This is a mtg relating to The Prince's Trust Council.

Prince's Trust Council

More evidence of William learning about his future role.

The Duke of Cambridge is in Irish Guards black frock coat, not red uniform as previously thought, to take the salute at Beating Retreat.

PRINCE William took the salute for the first time tonight at one of the highlights of London's ceremonial summer of pomp and pageantry-
Prince William takes salute at Beating Retreat | Royal | News | Daily Express

Pomp, pageantry and a (very smart) Prince: William leads the charge at spectacular musical tribute to Britain's armed forces at Beating Retreat-
Prince William pays tribute to armed forces at Beating Retreat | Mail Online

Great photos! Love the lines of horses and the drum corp.

According to the Court Circular for 13th June:

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge, this morning chaired a Meeting of The Prince’s Council at Clarence House.

This is a mtg relating to The Prince's Trust Council.

Prince's Trust Council

More evidence of William learning about his future role.

It's good to know that William is being prepared for his future role and is involved.

:previous: must add this might also be connected directly to D of Cornwall. its all a bit woolly when trying to determined whether "princes" is Trust or Cornwall. If anyone can determine the difference in this case - appreciate it

:previous: must add this might also be connected directly to D of Cornwall. its all a bit woolly when trying to determined whether "princes" is Trust or Cornwall. If anyone can determine the difference in this case - appreciate it

I am tending to believe that this is in relation to the Prince's Trust. I would think that if it was something to do with the Duchy of Cornwall, it would have been notated as such. Reading through the articles Dman posted, it points more towards the Prince's Trust Council

From the article http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/about_the_trust/trust_people/princes_trust_council.aspx

"The Prince’s Trust Council is accountable in law for the work of The Trust. It sets the strategy and agrees The Trust’s business plan and budget and has authority to take all decisions and to set all policy."

Prince William takes salute at Beating Retreat | Royal | News | Daily Express

Prince William pays tribute to armed forces at Beating Retreat | Mail Online

Love the pictures in the daily mail.
William looks very smart - as he does in any uniform.;):D
I have yet to see any uniform he does not look snazzy in. Sorry Kate.:lol:
However, I must say, I prefer him in the red uniform like he wore to his wedding. This one looks a bit too somber- like a funeral. But still won't complain too much.
Again, I am so impressed by his people skills.
He can do the " regal" things, and do them well- giving his country something to be proud of , and yet they can also be proud of his phenomenal people skills while meeting ordinary people. I've never seen him fail- wherever he is there's always the right degree of formality. On military and national engagements, and meeting leaders, there's a little more. But when meeting ordinary people, or visiting hospitals, or visiting with children, there's almost none.
But always there is the human touch.
On occasions like this, there is no doubt that he is doing regal duty, but there's no doubt that he's a human being while doing it. Extraordinary man.
Loved all the white horses with the trumpeters too.

Last edited:
I am tending to believe that this is in relation to the Prince's Trust. I would think that if it was something to do with the Duchy of Cornwall, it would have been notated as such. Reading through the articles Dman posted, it points more towards the Prince's Trust Council

From the article Prince's Trust Council

"The Prince’s Trust Council is accountable in law for the work of The Trust. It sets the strategy and agrees The Trust’s business plan and budget and has authority to take all decisions and to set all policy."

That is the same link I put in my original post. My reason for querying was that the CC specifically stated "Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall." So this led to thinking that it is to do with the Duchy - and William is the heir to that.

The Prince's council is for the Duchy of Cornwall not the Prince's Trust Charity. It's the board of the duchy that meets 2 times a year.

Frequently Asked Questions | The Duchy of Cornwall

see the FAQ from the duchy of Cornwall - Who manages the duchy?

Thanks! I now know more today than I knew yesterday! I love learning new things and even correcting my own thoughts on things. :flowers:

Martin @WindsorEditor · 1h
On 16th July, Prince William will visit War Memorial Park in Coventry & on 17th visit Imperial War Museums London to open its WW1 galleries.

Prince William will perform several engagements for the centenary of WW1 later this month, the Palace announce.

On 16th July, Prince William will visit War Memorial Park in Coventry & on 17th visit Imperial War Museums London to open its WW1 galleries.

Prince William will perform several engagements for the centenary of WW1 later this month, the Palace announce.

This is very much in keeping with the thematic approach to engagements and charities that William, Catherine and Harry appear to be following.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 4h
Prince William will unveil the Matthew Flinders memorial statue at Australia House, London, on July 18.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge today spoke of his "deep sadness" over the suspected shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17. Speaking at an event at Australia House in London, Prince William said it was a "particularly cruel tragedy" for Malaysia coming so soon after the disappearance of another Malaysia Airlines plane, thought to have crashed in Australian waters in March-
Home - ITNSource News

'It is a truly uplifting place': Prince William reveals happy memories of the royal tour of Australia after paying tribute to victims of the MH17 plane crash-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ays-MH17-victims-tribute-Australia-House.html

Last edited:
Video:
The Duke of Cambridge today spoke of his "deep sadness" over the suspected shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17. Speaking at an event at Australia House in London, Prince William said it was a "particularly cruel tragedy" for Malaysia coming so soon after the disappearance of another Malaysia Airlines plane, thought to have crashed in Australian waters in March-
Home - ITNSource News

'It is a truly uplifting place': Prince William reveals happy memories of the royal tour of Australia after paying tribute to victims of the MH17 plane crash-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ays-MH17-victims-tribute-Australia-House.html

Thanks for the links. There was a Canadian on the plane. A promising Med Student headed to Bali w/his Girlfriend for the "Trip of a Lifetime" according to the Family. :(

It's going to be a very moving moment in Glasgow in a few days when Malaysia enters the Stadium during the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremonies.

I still can't wrap my mind around this...I mean...There truly are no words, but I think William did an excellent attempt at finding the right ones to say. Can someone from Australia explain why there's a cat making up part of the statue? Just wondering, as it does seem a little out of place to me.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Prince William To Take To The Skies Again:
The Duke of Cambridge will train for five months before beginning his new job with the East Anglian Air Ambulance in the spring-
Prince William To Take To The Skies Again

Tim Ewart @EwartRoyale · 6m
William will be the first future monarch to have a job in civvy street. He's "hugely excited."

Max Foster @MaxFosterCNN · 5m
Palace says air ambulance will be Duke's ‘primary occupation’ but his roster will take into account royal duties and charitable work

Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal · 5m
#royal What this all means is a Cambridge family move soon to Amner Hall - close to Duke's work & Kate's patronages, and away from press

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 5m
From Sept he'll start five months of training: his civilian pilot's licence and a special 999-response course.Spring 2015 he'll be full-time

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 4m
It's a minimum 2-year contract, tho KP say his rota will allow him to do charity work, overseas tours and engagements/duties for the Queen.

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 1m
Prince William’s spokesman said he saw the role of air ambulance pilot as a “true form of public service".

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 1m
William's salary will be donated to charity.

Last edited:
The British Monarchy adicionou 4 fotos novas.
2 h ·
ANNOUNCEMENT: His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge is to become a helicopter pilot with East Anglian Air Ambulance.
After completing a mandatory period of training this autumn and winter, The Duke will start work with the Air Ambulance, based at Cambridge and Norwich Airports and flying both day and night shifts, in spring 2015. The Duke will start as a co-pilot but, after a period of training, will be qualified to fly as a helicopter commander.
You can read the announcement in full on His Royal Highness's website here: Press release

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....438_782095241812308_1991754487738718813_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd....427_782095205145645_3460276020865355140_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net...236_782095245145641_4462916267682923961_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net...=c7dfb043e1e5e34bba61822a5d3d8154&oe=545A18FF

Video:
Kensington Palace has announced that the Duke of Cambridge Prince William is to train as an air ambulance pilot ahead of taking up a full time role next year. If successful, the 32 year old son of Prince Charles and the Princess of Wales, is expected to join the East Anglian Air Ambulance in Cambridge. The service’s Medical Director Alastair Wilson, says his role will centre around flying, but that His Royal Highness is likely to muck-in and make the tea in the morning as well-
Home - ITNSource News

I think William should dedicate exclusively to Royal duties.
He has no need to be a helicopter pilot.

:previous: As much as I love seeing William interacting with people on official engagements (and let's face it, he's quite good), I do think that what he chose to dedicate his time to is as important (if not more even) than constantly being seen. He's going to be helping people, and saving lives. I would hope that such a decision would make people respect him just a little bit more, but I have a feeling I'm wrong.

:previous: I think William is very much respected and the job he will go on to do is a very honorable thing. There's nothing like helping other people who's in need. He and Catherine will just have to find a better balance to focusing on this job and royal duties. Catherine will need to be seen doing her part but their royal commitments are most important though. They'll be just fine if they balance things out well for the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom