The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
In complete agreement regarding William.

As someone who is also a member of the 'short club', I tend to find your last observation quite amusing (in a good way) .

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I beg to differ. We are not short!! We are vertically challenged!!

Glad to see one of my very favourite actors finally add Sir to his name. Although...If I had to see that one scene from There Will Be Blood used ad nauseum during that year's Award Season where his character was howling about abandoning his boy one more time, I was going to gouge out both my ears and eyes and scream!!!

Sigh...William sure does look so very good in Uniform. :)

Old 11-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Majesty

William do look very kingly in uniforms and performing Investitures. His wife looked very Queen like last night.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Looking at the side view of William, his Windsor (genetic, not hair) roots are showing so much that I thought he resembled his Uncle Edward a lot. Definitely cuts a fine figure in a uniform. Then again, I think William looks good in just about anything.

Both W&K have stepped up recently and have shown us that they are very much the royal personages that they are.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I find the height debate interesting. No one says that Queen Margrethe is more regal than Queen Elizabeth and she has to be a good 6-8 ins taller.

The King of Jordon is very regal

On a personal note, as someone who is 5'2", I find these comments to be "heightist"

ROFL. :))
Very intersting note on height, I find that William's grandmother, Queen Elizabeth to be much more regal then any other queen out there.
And being someone who is 4'11", I think that height is just a matter of mind, if you don't mind, then it doesn't matter(got that from a small saying I framed and put in my BR to remind me that being short is okay...).

And William does look every inch the Kind today, and it is great to see him and Catherine back out again ............
Old 11-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Serene Highness

I think the height is more of a problem for a guy than a women if they are short. Until there is a point of reference you can't tell how short or tall someone is. So Tom Cruise is surrounded by short people on a movie we can't tell. Him standing next to Nicole Kidman -wow he's short.

William has the plus that he is relatively tall and you throw in the uniform which makes it more impressive. Wills is 6' 3" when he meets Lebron 6'8" at the NBA game in NYC , King James is going to 5 inches on W and almost a foot on K (she might have couple of inch heels)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2m 2 minutes ago
Prince William will present the Chatham House Prize at Banqueting House on Friday 21 November.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I find the height debate interesting. No one says that Queen Margrethe is more regal than Queen Elizabeth and she has to be a good 6-8 ins taller.

The King of Jordon is very regal

On a personal note, as someone who is 5'2", I find these comments to be "heightist"

ROFL. :))
LOL. I just meant if someone's going to be above others in station it helps if they're above them in height as well. Sets the mood.

I have always felt that once a child grows taller than their parent. The parent loses a little of their authoritarian air.

BTW, I really like this Angry Birds project William is involved in. Have to reach the younger crowd on environmental issues.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
LOL. I just meant if someone's going to be above others in station it helps if they're above them in height as well. Sets the mood.

I have always felt that once a child grows taller than their parent. The parent loses a little of their authoritarian air.

BTW, I really like this Angry Birds project William is involved in. Have to reach the younger crowd on environmental issues.
Nah, not happening. My 5'5" sister just has to look at her two 6' plus sons and it could stop a train in it's tracks . . . and they're both in their 30's!

But back to Angry Birds, I think it is only natural that they should reach out to the young and technologically inclined. It is a medium both he and young kids, even very young kids, are fluent with.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Chatham House Prize 2014 Award Ceremony, with The Duke of Cambridge

Yahoo News UK
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/william-ho...2.html#RiC2uf5
Quote:
The proud parents of philanthropist Melinda Gates watched on while the Duke of Cambridge presented her with an award in recognition of her humanitarian work tackling poverty and poor health in the developing world.

William awarded her the Chatham House Prize during a ceremony at the Royal United Services Institute and Banqueting House in Whitehall, central London.

The Duke roared with laughter when he was inadvertently introduced as his grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh, to a reception full of distinguished guests from the worlds of politics, business and public health.
Melinda Gates presented with Chatham House Prize by Prince William | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
Prince William handed the award over to Mrs Gates for her work tackling poverty and poor health in the developing world.

The philanthropist, who is married to former Microsoft boss Bill Gates, was praised by the prince for her "vision, commitment and unstinting generosity".

Presenting her with the prize - a crystal award and a scroll signed by the Queen, who is patron of the institute - William said: "Civil society, whether in the form of business, academic institutions, NGOs (non-governmental organisations) or philanthropic organisations, play a critical role in shaping international relations and in working for a fairer, more peaceful and healthier world.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Courtier

duke of cambridge presents the chatham house prize 2014, GBR: Duke Of Cambridge Presents The Chatham House Prize 2014 Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images
Old 11-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Majesty

Arthur Edwards @ArthurJEdwards · 3h 3 hours ago
#ChathamHouse Amused Prince William is introduced by MC Richard Birtchnell as The Duke of Edinburgh at Chatham House
https://twitter.com/ArthurJEdwards/s...32248890298369

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Arthur Edwards @ArthurJEdwards · 3h 3 hours ago
#ChathamHouse Amused Prince William is introduced by MC Richard Birtchnell as The Duke of Edinburgh at Chatham House
https://twitter.com/ArthurJEdwards/s...32248890298369
That is... priceless! LOL!
Illustrates 3 of the many reasons why I love William.
1- When he smiles or laughs the world lights up, and seems better, and you get a good feeling inside. A feeling I can't find a word for. And that's just from looking at pictures of the man- never met him - wish I could.

2- His extraordinary ability to put people at their ease, his sense of humor, and ability to have fun! I'm sure the MC was very grateful for those abilities tonight! He'd need them if he was to meet me- for about 5 seconds. Once the ice was broken, I wouldn't be nervous. But for 5 seconds- wow! If he could put me at ease( and just by looking at pics I know he could, cause I just get this feeling that if he walks into a room ever at a event, and I'm there then I want to take my wheelchair over and get in the front of the line and chat- usually that's so not me. I love to chat, but I get scared and clam up with new people, if he can do that with me, he can do so with anyone) But back to the MC. They were obviously nervous tonight, but W instantly put them at ease.
He could have made a big deal out of the mistake, and embarrassed the person. Instead, he took it with his great sense of humor. It's more important to him that people have fun, rather than formality and protocol and what gets said all the time.And it's OK to tell jokes- as long as they are not insulting, and setting is appropriate. The man knows how to go with the flow. Love that.

3 . The man looks good in a tux.

I think I may have written a novel- LOL!
Old 11-22-2014, 01:07 AM
Courtier

And I am in line to buy that novel your going to write. Everything you said about Prince William I second that with a big hug to you. He does remind me of someone though and she is looking down with such pride and love at her son.......and yes he looks fabulous in a tux, that should be his uniform of the day, every day.........
Old 11-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
That is... priceless! LOL!
Illustrates 3 of the many reasons why I love William.
1- When he smiles or laughs the world lights up, and seems better, and you get a good feeling inside. A feeling I can't find a word for. And that's just from looking at pictures of the man- never met him - wish I could.

2- His extraordinary ability to put people at their ease, his sense of humor, and ability to have fun! I'm sure the MC was very grateful for those abilities tonight! He'd need them if he was to meet me- for about 5 seconds. Once the ice was broken, I wouldn't be nervous. But for 5 seconds- wow! If he could put me at ease( and just by looking at pics I know he could, cause I just get this feeling that if he walks into a room ever at a event, and I'm there then I want to take my wheelchair over and get in the front of the line and chat- usually that's so not me. I love to chat, but I get scared and clam up with new people, if he can do that with me, he can do so with anyone) But back to the MC. They were obviously nervous tonight, but W instantly put them at ease.
He could have made a big deal out of the mistake, and embarrassed the person. Instead, he took it with his great sense of humor. It's more important to him that people have fun, rather than formality and protocol and what gets said all the time.And it's OK to tell jokes- as long as they are not insulting, and setting is appropriate. The man knows how to go with the flow. Love that.

3 . The man looks good in a tux.

I think I may have written a novel- LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
And I am in line to buy that novel your going to write. Everything you said about Prince William I second that with a big hug to you. He does remind me of someone though and she is looking down with such pride and love at her son.......and yes he looks fabulous in a tux, that should be his uniform of the day, every day.........

Ladies, I agree with the both of you. William has a very uncanny ability to put people at ease. I know this for a fact due to a very. very special young lady I've worked with who had the pleasure of meeting him. He is what Rose said, and probably more. Our world is a better place because of people like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

More on that story here: Prince William is accidentally introduced as his grandfather | Royalista
Old 11-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

^^^I also remember a video clip where William was being interviewed by a young girl. As she made her introduction she referred to him as Prince Harry. William burst out laughing and asked her to leave it as is.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
^^^I also remember a video clip where William was being interviewed by a young girl. As she made her introduction she referred to him as Prince Harry. William burst out laughing and asked her to leave it as is.

I remember that as well. It was amusing, and showed William's delightful sense of humor.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Majesty

I remember when he and Catherine were in Canada, William was introduced as the 'douche of Cambridge' and Catherine burst into laughter.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I remember when he and Catherine were in Canada, William was introduced as the 'douche of Cambridge' and Catherine burst into laughter.
In all the stories where things go wrong, names get mispronounced and even mistaken for someone else, their easy going natures and ability to just enjoy the moment must for sure have saved some people embarrassment. It ends up not being so much as a faux pas but rather a memorable occasion.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

William gets that easy going humor from The Queen. I still remember in May 2007 when President Bush made that embarrassing flub about the long-serving HM being around in the 1700's when he meant 1970's, she just made a witty comeback about her age.