The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
This kind of story from the Daily Mail is why the Cambridges and KP should be pissed at the press. It is bad enough when they focus on Kate's hair and dress, but William's loom bands is more important than why he was there and what he did? Come on. A kid gave it to him there and he put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I think they are already pissed at most of the press, and with good reason.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Courtier

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the press just loves to mess with the minds of people and try to make the very people that they are covering look bad so that there is this anger that builds over time and then people that buy the papers start to believe this junk they write of which none of it is basically true. Isn't this a form of manipulation?
Why couldn't they just report it the correct way and be done with it?

Old 07-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge today spoke of his "deep sadness" over the suspected shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17. Speaking at an event at Australia House in London, Prince William said it was a "particularly cruel tragedy" for Malaysia coming so soon after the disappearance of another Malaysia Airlines plane, thought to have crashed in Australian waters in March-
Home - ITNSource News

'It is a truly uplifting place': Prince William reveals happy memories of the royal tour of Australia after paying tribute to victims of the MH17 plane crash-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...lia-House.html

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Duke of Cambridge today spoke of his "deep sadness" over the suspected shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17. Speaking at an event at Australia House in London, Prince William said it was a "particularly cruel tragedy" for Malaysia coming so soon after the disappearance of another Malaysia Airlines plane, thought to have crashed in Australian waters in March-
Home - ITNSource News

'It is a truly uplifting place': Prince William reveals happy memories of the royal tour of Australia after paying tribute to victims of the MH17 plane crash-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...lia-House.html

Thanks for the links. There was a Canadian on the plane. A promising Med Student headed to Bali w/his Girlfriend for the "Trip of a Lifetime" according to the Family. :(

It's going to be a very moving moment in Glasgow in a few days when Malaysia enters the Stadium during the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremonies.

I still can't wrap my mind around this...I mean...There truly are no words, but I think William did an excellent attempt at finding the right ones to say. Can someone from Australia explain why there's a cat making up part of the statue? Just wondering, as it does seem a little out of place to me.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Can someone from Australia explain why there's a cat making up part of the statue? Just wondering, as it does seem a little out of place to me. Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Someone from the US can. That's Trim, his faithful travel buddy. See Matthew Flinders bicentenary: statue unveiled to the most famous navigator you’ve probably never heard of | Rebekah Higgitt | Science | theguardian.com
Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Thank you!!

Old 07-31-2014, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Found this just browsing around and thought I'd share it.

World Ranger Day

Today, we honour those who risk their lives and offer up their time tirelessly to protect the remaining wildlife and wilderness areas on our planet - the Rangers.

Message from HRH the Duke of Cambridge (Prince William)...

PLEASE SHARE THIS AS FAR AND WIDE AS YOU CAN!

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_l...eature%3Dshare
Old 07-31-2014, 09:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Found this just browsing around and thought I'd share it.

World Ranger Day

Today, we honour those who risk their lives and offer up their time tirelessly to protect the remaining wildlife and wilderness areas on our planet - the Rangers.

Message from HRH the Duke of Cambridge (Prince William)...

PLEASE SHARE THIS AS FAR AND WIDE AS YOU CAN!

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_l...eature%3Dshare

I found it on You Tube the other night too and right away Tweeted the link on Twitter. Those Park Rangers battling the poachers in Africa are truly doing a very dangerous job and have my deepest respect. I just wish there was more I could do to help them.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Majesty

Prince William To Take To The Skies Again:
The Duke of Cambridge will train for five months before beginning his new job with the East Anglian Air Ambulance in the spring-
Prince William To Take To The Skies Again

Tim Ewart @EwartRoyale · 6m
William will be the first future monarch to have a job in civvy street. He's "hugely excited."

Max Foster @MaxFosterCNN · 5m
Palace says air ambulance will be Duke's ‘primary occupation’ but his roster will take into account royal duties and charitable work

Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal · 5m
#royal What this all means is a Cambridge family move soon to Amner Hall - close to Duke's work & Kate's patronages, and away from press

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 5m
From Sept he'll start five months of training: his civilian pilot's licence and a special 999-response course.Spring 2015 he'll be full-time

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 4m
It's a minimum 2-year contract, tho KP say his rota will allow him to do charity work, overseas tours and engagements/duties for the Queen.

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 1m
Prince William’s spokesman said he saw the role of air ambulance pilot as a “true form of public service".

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 1m
William's salary will be donated to charity.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Nobility

The British Monarchy adicionou 4 fotos novas.
2 h ·
ANNOUNCEMENT: His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge is to become a helicopter pilot with East Anglian Air Ambulance.
After completing a mandatory period of training this autumn and winter, The Duke will start work with the Air Ambulance, based at Cambridge and Norwich Airports and flying both day and night shifts, in spring 2015. The Duke will start as a co-pilot but, after a period of training, will be qualified to fly as a helicopter commander.
You can read the announcement in full on His Royal Highness's website here: Press release

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...38718813_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...65355140_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/...82923961_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/...54&oe=545A18FF
Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Majesty

Video:
Kensington Palace has announced that the Duke of Cambridge Prince William is to train as an air ambulance pilot ahead of taking up a full time role next year. If successful, the 32 year old son of Prince Charles and the Princess of Wales, is expected to join the East Anglian Air Ambulance in Cambridge. The service’s Medical Director Alastair Wilson, says his role will centre around flying, but that His Royal Highness is likely to muck-in and make the tea in the morning as well-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Nobility

I think William should dedicate exclusively to Royal duties.
He has no need to be a helicopter pilot.
Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Majesty

As much as I love seeing William interacting with people on official engagements (and let's face it, he's quite good), I do think that what he chose to dedicate his time to is as important (if not more even) than constantly being seen. He's going to be helping people, and saving lives. I would hope that such a decision would make people respect him just a little bit more, but I have a feeling I'm wrong.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Majesty

I think William is very much respected and the job he will go on to do is a very honorable thing. There's nothing like helping other people who's in need. He and Catherine will just have to find a better balance to focusing on this job and royal duties. Catherine will need to be seen doing her part but their royal commitments are most important though. They'll be just fine if they balance things out well for the next two years.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I think William is ideal for the job. He has that " special something".
Old 08-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Nobility

Oh, come on! It is a dignifying job, it is very meritable that he is giving the salary to charity, but let's be frank here - he could make much more for charity just appearing in events and leaving that job to somebody else already qualified. In my humble opinion he looks like the heir of a huge business corporation that is fighting his controlling parents to be independent and feels he is misunderstood. Why didn't he continue to be in the military first place? I can understand him not wanting to hang on and do what he is told till one of his seniors dies (sad but true). Probably they thought Prince Philip would not recover well from his last heath issue and convinced him to leave the military. I don't know what is going on behind the curtains but the result is the image of a childish insecure man that does not know what to do of his life. It's either really bad PR and miscommunication among the royals or the Duke thinks he is still in his teens trying to find out his call in life. I can see him under the shower singing "Should I stay or should I go?"
Old 08-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
As much as I love seeing William interacting with people on official engagements (and let's face it, he's quite good), I do think that what he chose to dedicate his time to is as important (if not more even) than constantly being seen. He's going to be helping people, and saving lives. I would hope that such a decision would make people respect him just a little bit more, but I have a feeling I'm wrong.
I agree. The mind boggles that people criticise this decision but there you go.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

How you view this situation just frankly depends on what your opinion is of PW and the DoC. If anyone's interested or busy, I can help you skip 20 pages of going round and round and round.

Those who like them (or/and those who don't generally think of them with any particular negativity) will opine and maintain that the Time of the Cambridges hasn't come yet.

Those forum members who have seen signs that, in their opinion, show that William and Catherine are (insert one: boring, petulant, not ready, lazy, entitled, noncommittal, or not sufficiently devoted to their roles) will argue that William is just kicking the can down the road, acting entitled and not giving due deference to his place in the BRF.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

Exactly. William's critics will always be his critics.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 12m
Kensington Palace says Prince William will attend a reception in Glasgow this evening "to thank those who worked on the Commonwealth Games".

Dr. Maya Angelou