The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've never seen William look so proffesional.
He looks wonderful.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics
Zimbio gallery
Abaca Gallery
Mediumphoto

Old 01-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

PRINCE WILLIAM PLEADS FOR AFRICA'S ENDANGERED WILDLIFE

Quote:
PRINCE William made an impassioned plea last night to save rhinos and other threatened African animal species from poachers -in his first major speech on conservation.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William pleads for Africa's endangered wildlife
Old 01-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad that he cares about wildlife conservation. I think he gets his love of nature from his father.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
I'm glad that he cares about wildlife conservation. I think he gets his love of nature from his father.

And his paternal grandfather who was heavily involved with the World Wildlife Fund for many years, caring about conservation of the world's creatures long before it became fashionable - like father, like son, like grandson.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Charity patron Prince William at a reception in central London...
He seems to getting more comfortable with these sorts of things.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

I've never seen William look so proffesional.
He looks wonderful.
I agree with you (and cd255) he looks wonderful and at ease. Does anybody know if his ex Jessica Craig was there as I think she's involved with this charity?
I like this photo of him laughing.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...EL2qNM5Zhl.jpg
Old 01-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I haven't seen Jecca Craig in any pictures and she wasn't mentioned in the articles but she could very well have been there. According to the website she's on the Appeal Committee for this charity. It's interesting to note that his friend James Meade is also on that committee.
Here's a link to the Tusk Trust website:
www.tusk.org
Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice website, thanks cd255. I noticed from the map in the right corner it looks like they have many projects going on in a good portion of Africa.

Another Article:
Prince William: 'we must balance conservation with growing needs of human race' - Telegraph
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

It sounds like a nice speech he gave. Is there a video available?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Shanaz I couldn't find any video but here's his full speech from the British Royal's Website.

The Prince of Wales - Prince William marks 20 years of conservation charity Tusk Trust
Old 01-22-2010, 06:18 AM

Prince William is an admirable man. He knows how to deal with common people and do a lot of charities. I really admire his dedication.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Portraits to benefit homeless charity, Crisis

Quote:
The image was taken by Jeff Hubbard, 54, who was homeless until a few years ago.
The 27 year-old prince took a picture of Mr Hubbard and the two portraits, or diptych, form part of a new exhibition and fundraising auction in aid of the homeless organisation Crisis, entitled A Positive View.

The exhibition is staged at Somerset House in central London and will be open to the public from tomorrow until April 5.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...e_1593689c.jpg
Old 03-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's fantastic that he's helping these homeless charities raise money. I'm sure they really need it!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hopefully they'll raise a bunch of $$$. I wish I could see this exhibit. Sounds interesting.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesmith View Post
Prince William is an admirable man. He knows how to deal with common people and do a lot of charities. I really admire his dedication.

I don't see him has being dedicated to anything.

He does a bit here and there - a bit of military service, a bit of charity work, a bit of holidaying - but no dedication to anything - yet. It might come but it isn't there yet - in ten years it might be but a couple of activities don't equate to dedication to anything to me.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well he is still young. He seems pretty dedicated to his military training and determined to make something of it.
As far as charity, he has increased his engagements (as his training allows) and is starting to get more involved with the charities that interest him (homeless, youth, etc).
Old 03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that it won't truly be William's time to shine until his father becomes the King. At that point, William will have a much higher public profile and we'll see more of what he's truly passionate about. If he did more public engagements now, he'd be criticized for shirking his training. If he becomes a full-time pilot, he'll be accused of shirking his public duty. But honestly, until he becomes the Duke of Cornwall, we can't expect to see a lot of him in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Well he is still young. He seems pretty dedicated to his military training and determined to make something of it.
As far as charity, he has increased his engagements (as his training allows) and is starting to get more involved with the charities that interest him (homeless, youth, etc).
Old 03-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I think it's fantastic that he's helping these homeless charities raise money. I'm sure they really need it!
I agree, particularly as their seems to be a rise in homelessness due to these harsh times (recession).
Old 03-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I believe that it won't truly be William's time to shine until his father becomes the King. At that point, William will have a much higher public profile and we'll see more of what he's truly passionate about. If he did more public engagements now, he'd be criticized for shirking his training. If he becomes a full-time pilot, he'll be accused of shirking his public duty. But honestly, until he becomes the Duke of Cornwall, we can't expect to see a lot of him in public.
I agree. He should try and have a look at what charities are out ther that he is interested in and could really need some help so that when the time comes, he can step up into a more active charitable role.

Tags
centrepoint, charities, patronages, prince william, tusk trust