The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-22-2010, 06:18 AM

Prince William is an admirable man. He knows how to deal with common people and do a lot of charities. I really admire his dedication.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Portraits to benefit homeless charity, Crisis

Quote:
The image was taken by Jeff Hubbard, 54, who was homeless until a few years ago.
The 27 year-old prince took a picture of Mr Hubbard and the two portraits, or diptych, form part of a new exhibition and fundraising auction in aid of the homeless organisation Crisis, entitled A Positive View.

The exhibition is staged at Somerset House in central London and will be open to the public from tomorrow until April 5.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...e_1593689c.jpg

Old 03-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's fantastic that he's helping these homeless charities raise money. I'm sure they really need it!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hopefully they'll raise a bunch of $$$. I wish I could see this exhibit. Sounds interesting.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesmith View Post
Prince William is an admirable man. He knows how to deal with common people and do a lot of charities. I really admire his dedication.

I don't see him has being dedicated to anything.

He does a bit here and there - a bit of military service, a bit of charity work, a bit of holidaying - but no dedication to anything - yet. It might come but it isn't there yet - in ten years it might be but a couple of activities don't equate to dedication to anything to me.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well he is still young. He seems pretty dedicated to his military training and determined to make something of it.
As far as charity, he has increased his engagements (as his training allows) and is starting to get more involved with the charities that interest him (homeless, youth, etc).
Old 03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that it won't truly be William's time to shine until his father becomes the King. At that point, William will have a much higher public profile and we'll see more of what he's truly passionate about. If he did more public engagements now, he'd be criticized for shirking his training. If he becomes a full-time pilot, he'll be accused of shirking his public duty. But honestly, until he becomes the Duke of Cornwall, we can't expect to see a lot of him in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Well he is still young. He seems pretty dedicated to his military training and determined to make something of it.
As far as charity, he has increased his engagements (as his training allows) and is starting to get more involved with the charities that interest him (homeless, youth, etc).
Old 03-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think it's fantastic that he's helping these homeless charities raise money. I'm sure they really need it!
I agree, particularly as their seems to be a rise in homelessness due to these harsh times (recession).
Old 03-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I believe that it won't truly be William's time to shine until his father becomes the King. At that point, William will have a much higher public profile and we'll see more of what he's truly passionate about. If he did more public engagements now, he'd be criticized for shirking his training. If he becomes a full-time pilot, he'll be accused of shirking his public duty. But honestly, until he becomes the Duke of Cornwall, we can't expect to see a lot of him in public.
I agree. He should try and have a look at what charities are out ther that he is interested in and could really need some help so that when the time comes, he can step up into a more active charitable role.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
You say charities as plural, but isn't this the same homeless charity that William slept in the rough on the streets for a while back?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
You say charities as plural, but isn't this the same homeless charity that William slept in the rough on the streets for a while back?
He slept "roughly" for centrepoint.
The funds raised from his pictures are going to the charity Crisis.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here are the websites for both charities in case anyone wants information:

Crisis - Crisis - Home (Portraits are being auctioned off for in April)

Centrepoint - Give homeless young people a future — Centrepoint
Old 03-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Lumutqueen is correct - it was Centrepoint. This is an article from it From Prince to pauper: how William spent the night on the freezing streets - Times Online
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The Press Association: William to be reunited with snapper

Prince William is to be reunited with a former homeless man who took his portrait picture on Thursday evening.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince William as Patron attended a Royal Gala Reception for the
'A Positive View 2010' exhibition at Christie's, King Street, London.

The event was to auction off a selection of photographs, which
includes his diptych, seen in the background, two photographs
taken by the prince and former Crisis client Jeff Hubbard of each
other, under the direction of the photographer Rankin.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** belga gallery **
Old 04-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Iceflower. The pics are really nice. It's nice to see this project come to fruition.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thx for all the pics. William looks so handsome especially that first pic of him walking down the street.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

He does look very hansome! Looking through the photos I didn't see any of Jeff Hubbard, the homeless man who participated in doing the photographs with William. Surely he would have been invited to this event.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
A UNIQUE art work combining photographs which Prince William and an ex-homeless man took of each other sold for £24,000 at auction.

The double portrait, known as a diptych, of William with hair controversially darkened by studio lighting and editing, and former rough sleeper-turned photographer Jeff Hubbard, was sold at Christie’s in London to raise money for homeless charity Crisis.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William portrait auctioned for £24,000

Tags
centrepoint, charities, patronages, prince william, tusk trust