The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

If you go to the top of the box you're typing in, you'll see a what looks like a cartoon balloon. Click on it and the word "quote" will appear twice. Cut and paste what you want to quote between the two [quote] words and when you post, it will come up in a quote box. If that makes sense.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

A video of William & Harry working for the Red Cross to help tsunami victims.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

I've not seen that video before - is that to raise money for this that happened not too long ago?
YouTube - a powerful typhoon hits taiwan a hotel fall into the water 8/9/09
Old 08-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that this is the footage from when William and Harry helped out with the tsunami in 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
I've not seen that video before - is that to raise money for this that happened not too long ago?
YouTube - a powerful typhoon hits taiwan a hotel fall into the water 8/9/09
Old 08-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I believe that this is the footage from when William and Harry helped out with the tsunami in 2006.

I thought it was the 2004 tsunami - the huge Boxing Day tsunami that killed at least 250,000.

The reason why I know it happened in 2004 was that it was stilll huge news when I was in China and they were reporting regularly how much local Chinese people were contributing (huge sums as percentage of their incomes by the way) and I went to China in 2005.

I was also there when the Harry wearing Nazi shirt broke a week after (14th January 2005) they were reported as doing some work for the Red Cross for the tsunami (7th January 2005).
Old 09-23-2009, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

VIDEO

Princes William and Harry have been inspired by their parents to extend their charitable links with the launch of a new forum.
The second-in-line to the throne has explained that he intends to find "his own way" and wants to be more than just a royal "ornament".

BBC NEWS | UK | Princes extend charitable links
------------
They are starting to follow in their fathers footsteps - good for them!
-----------------------
Britain's Prince William says his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, is his inspiration when it comes to doing good works.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...VkLGwD9ASU6Q80

Prince William said he does not want to be "an ornament" in his royal duties and has paid tribute to the charitable work of his parents, saying he was "not in their league".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-ornament.html

Prince William said today he did not want to be seen as a royal 'ornament' and he is determined to improve on his parents' charitable work.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Royal Highness

Well, I am very impressed with this charitable work and I do hope that the princes' public profile will increase through charity work.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Courtier

It's wonderful William wants to find his own way, however I'd prefer more work and less talk.
William and Harry could certainly benefit from the example of their parents and grandparents when it comes to charity work.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not to be critical but I'd prefer he stop saying "um" after every sentence when he talks. He has a really nice voice. But he might need a public speaking coach to help him out. Even Diana hired a coach to help her with speaking in public.
With that said I'm glad he and Harry are taking initiatives to make a positive difference.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is very good news. Charles must be proud of William, I'm sure the Princess would have been too.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
It's wonderful William wants to find his own way, however I'd prefer more work and less talk.
William and Harry could certainly benefit from the example of their parents and grandparents when it comes to charity work.
Actually I think he's done more work this year or atleast it seems like it to me He seems alot more into his work as well and much more confident then a few years back. I already see alot of his families methods when it comes to his charity work.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, we've seen more of William in the last year. At least that's my impression. To be doing charitable work and being in training at the same time is an achievement worth mentioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Actually I think he's done more work this year or atleast it seems like it to me He seems alot more into his work as well and much more confident then a few years back. I already see alot of his families methods when it comes to his charity work.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Aristocracy

This is amazing work. Bringing charities together like this can be very hard work, and they are already showing some successes. Really really great work from the Princes.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
Not to be critical but I'd prefer he stop saying "um" after every sentence when he talks. He has a really nice voice. But he might need a public speaking coach to help him out. Even Diana hired a coach to help her with speaking in public.
With that said I'm glad he and Harry are taking initiatives to make a positive difference.
Public speaking can be quite daunting for some, so I am sure William will get better with time. I am sure the umms and ahhs will dissappear as he gets more confident with time.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

ZDF has a report about the charity work of Prince William:

Karitativer Prinz William
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Public speaking can be quite daunting for some, so I am sure William will get better with time. I am sure the umms and ahhs will dissappear as he gets more confident with time.
Oh I agree muriel. I realize he's still fairly new with it and I'm sure in time and with practice he'll be great at it!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's a great idea to bring all of these charities together to support each other and work together, especially during these difficult financial times. Good for William! And I think it's great that he's doing more engagements as his training schedule permits.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Prince William To Become Patron Of Hedge Fund Group Charity

The U.K.'s Prince William has dipped a toe into the world of hedge funds by agreeing to serve as an industry group's philanthropy patron.
The prince, who is second line to the throne behind his father, Prince Charles, for the next three years will direct the philanthropic activities of 100 Women in Hedge Funds, a non-profit organization that has raised more than $ 17 million since 2001 for women's health, education and mentoring.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice to see more work for him!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Prince William To Become Patron Of Hedge Fund Group Charity

The U.K.'s Prince William has dipped a toe into the world of hedge funds by agreeing to serve as an industry group's philanthropy patron.
The prince, who is second line to the throne behind his father, Prince Charles, for the next three years will direct the philanthropic activities of 100 Women in Hedge Funds, a non-profit organization that has raised more than $ 17 million since 2001 for women's health, education and mentoring.
This is fantastic news!

Tags
centrepoint, charities, patronages, prince william, tusk trust