The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems similar to The Prince's Trust that Charles had set up when he was around their age (and their using some of his advisors). BTW do William and Harry automatically acquire The Prince's Trust charity when Charles passes on? Otherwise what would be done with it?

It seems similar to The Prince's Trust that Charles had set up when he was around their age (and their using some of his advisors). BTW do William and Harry automatically acquire The Prince's Trust charity when Charles passes on? Otherwise what would be done with it?

I don't think they automatically acquire it. :)
Maybe one of Williams children or Harry will take control of the charity when Charles passes on or when he becomes king.

In one of the interviews that Charles has done over the years he was asked something along these lines and he replied something along the lines of that he hoped that one or other of them would take it one eventually.

It might of course become 'The King's Trust' when he becomes King, athough that would probably be seen by some as too political but if possible I would like to see him continue to oversee that charity for the rest of his life as it is just so associated with him.

It sounds wonderful. Very well done to the Princes.
Prince William has Centrepoint, Harry has Sentebale.

I don't think this is their charity, they may have funded it but i don't think it mentions in the article that it was their idea? :)
They are cleverly using their profiles to get money.
Then I'm confused because the first sentence of the article says, "Prince William and Prince Harry have used money left to them by their mother to secretly set up a charity."

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that it's like an umbrella with charities under it which William and Harry will try to raise funds for. But why would it not be their charity (or foundation), or their idea?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1229667/Princes-William-Harry-set-charity-poor-children.html#ixzz0Y2pORrQy

Prince Charles will probably continue to oversee The Prince's Trust even when King and it could be passed on to William and Harry when he dies. I would hate to see the charity end when Charles passes on as so much time and work (and money) has been put into it. It could be passed on from generation to generation.

It will be interesting to see what they name this new charity. I think it should be a generic name and not have William and Harry's name in it so that it can also be passed on generation to generation. Perhaps The Royal Foundation or The Prince's Foundation, something along those lines?

Yes I remember that too when Charles commented about hoping his sons would take over the charity. So I don't think it's a given that they will. But I think it's a good idea to pass it on especially since it has a history (30+ yeas) associated with it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure it's not their foundation Marsel? According to this part it sounds to me like it is:
"The brothers are believed to have donated a six-figure sum to create a foundation funding causes for underprivileged children and wounded servicemen. "

Harry set up Sentabale with someone else, so I don't see why he couldn't have this one too with his brother, unless I misunderstood something.

I wasn’t suggesting it is wrong in any way for Harry to have a foundation with his brother; I was merely pointing out that this is not the first foundation set up by him: Sentabale (set up with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho) was the first one. :)

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying Marsel. :)

Thanx everyone for your replies re: Charles' charity. I too think it's a good idea to pass it on to William and/or Harry but we'll have to see what happens. That probably won't be for awhile anyway.

Portraits to benefit homeless charity, Crisis

The image was taken by Jeff Hubbard, 54, who was homeless until a few years ago.
The 27 year-old prince took a picture of Mr Hubbard and the two portraits, or diptych, form part of a new exhibition and fundraising auction in aid of the homeless organisation Crisis, entitled A Positive View.

The exhibition is staged at Somerset House in central London and will be open to the public from tomorrow until April 5.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01593/positive_1593689c.jpg

I think it's fantastic that he's helping these homeless charities raise money. I'm sure they really need it!

Hopefully they'll raise a bunch of $$$. I wish I could see this exhibit. Sounds interesting.

Prince William is an admirable man. He knows how to deal with common people and do a lot of charities. I really admire his dedication.

I don't see him has being dedicated to anything.

He does a bit here and there - a bit of military service, a bit of charity work, a bit of holidaying - but no dedication to anything - yet. It might come but it isn't there yet - in ten years it might be but a couple of activities don't equate to dedication to anything to me.

Well he is still young. He seems pretty dedicated to his military training and determined to make something of it.
As far as charity, he has increased his engagements (as his training allows) and is starting to get more involved with the charities that interest him (homeless, youth, etc).

I believe that it won't truly be William's time to shine until his father becomes the King. At that point, William will have a much higher public profile and we'll see more of what he's truly passionate about. If he did more public engagements now, he'd be criticized for shirking his training. If he becomes a full-time pilot, he'll be accused of shirking his public duty. But honestly, until he becomes the Duke of Cornwall, we can't expect to see a lot of him in public.:flowers:

Well he is still young. He seems pretty dedicated to his military training and determined to make something of it.
As far as charity, he has increased his engagements (as his training allows) and is starting to get more involved with the charities that interest him (homeless, youth, etc).

I think it's fantastic that he's helping these homeless charities raise money. I'm sure they really need it!
I agree, particularly as their seems to be a rise in homelessness due to these harsh times (recession).

I believe that it won't truly be William's time to shine until his father becomes the King. At that point, William will have a much higher public profile and we'll see more of what he's truly passionate about. If he did more public engagements now, he'd be criticized for shirking his training. If he becomes a full-time pilot, he'll be accused of shirking his public duty. But honestly, until he becomes the Duke of Cornwall, we can't expect to see a lot of him in public.:flowers:

I agree. He should try and have a look at what charities are out ther that he is interested in and could really need some help so that when the time comes, he can step up into a more active charitable role.

You say charities as plural, but isn't this the same homeless charity that William slept in the rough on the streets for a while back?

You say charities as plural, but isn't this the same homeless charity that William slept in the rough on the streets for a while back?

He slept "roughly" for centrepoint.
The funds raised from his pictures are going to the charity Crisis. :)

Prince William as Patron attended a Royal Gala Reception for the
'A Positive View 2010' exhibition at Christie's, King Street, London.

The event was to auction off a selection of photographs, which
includes his diptych, seen in the background, two photographs
taken by the prince and former Crisis client Jeff Hubbard of each
other, under the direction of the photographer Rankin.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** belga gallery **

Thank you Iceflower. The pics are really nice. It's nice to see this project come to fruition.

Thx for all the pics. William looks so handsome especially that first pic of him walking down the street.

He does look very hansome! Looking through the photos I didn't see any of Jeff Hubbard, the homeless man who participated in doing the photographs with William. Surely he would have been invited to this event.

A UNIQUE art work combining photographs which Prince William and an ex-homeless man took of each other sold for £24,000 at auction.

The double portrait, known as a diptych, of William with hair controversially darkened by studio lighting and editing, and former rough sleeper-turned photographer Jeff Hubbard, was sold at Christie’s in London to raise money for homeless charity Crisis.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William portrait auctioned for £24,000

He does look very hansome! Looking through the photos I didn't see any of Jeff Hubbard, the homeless man who participated in doing the photographs with William. Surely he would have been invited to this event.
According to the article posted above by rchat, Jeff was there as William made a reference to him in his speech:

“Jeff, it was such fun working with you under the master that is Rankin. Thank you Rankin, especially for the mop of black hair,” he said in his speech.

(His reference to his black hair in the picture is funny. :lol:)

That's amazing that the diptych portrait went for that much! Good on them!

Prince William handed out silver and gold pins to sailors at HMNB Clyde naval
base on October 28, 2010 in Faslane, Scotland. The presentation ceremony
was held at Faslane, recently named as the future home of Britains submarine
services.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **

Wonderful to see, and in Scotland as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom