The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Prince William takes on scuba club president role - London - News - London Evening Standard

Prince William takes on scuba club president role

The Duke of Cambridge has said he hopes his son will follow in his footsteps and take up scuba-diving after he became president of the activity’s governing body.Prince William is the third generation of the monarchy to take the position at the British Sub-Aqua Club (Bsac).

Previously his father, the Prince of Wales, and grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh, took on the role before him.

He marked his new presidency by writing a foreword for Scuba, the organisation's magazine: "Just like my grandfather and my father, I am proud to say that I learnt to dive with Bsac, and share your passion for the sport and the underwater world. I hope that one day my son, George, will also experience the wonders that snorkelling and scuba diving have to offer."

He stressed he was keen to continue his father's determination to preserve and protect the marine environment, wildlife and heritage.

The Duke added: "The underwater world truly captures the imagination and broadens horizons. I have been fortunate enough to have dived in some stunning locations around the world. Scuba diving really has opened my eyes not only to many extraordinary sights, but also to the responsibilities that we have as guardians of the underwater world. Which is why, as Bsac's new president, I hope to continue my father's legacy of striving to preserve and protect our precious marine heritage and environment for future generations."

William also spoke of his own goal as the new Bsac president: "I look forward to working with Bsac to encourage even more young people into the sport, for they are the next generation of underwater explorers, pioneers and protectors."

Old 05-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Majesty

Carolyn Durand @CarolynDurand · 4m
The Duke of Cambridge #PrinceWilliam will visit Yorkshire on June 4 to see the work of two of his charities Skillforce and Centrepoint

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Yay! Yorkshire- one of my favorite places.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I do wish that one of the Royals would visit the World of James Herriot.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Majesty

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Aristocracy

Football Remembers finalists revealed - About Football Association | The FA
Quote:
The finalists for the national Football Remembers competition have been revealed.
The entries will now be presented to HRH The Duke of Cambridge and Theo Walcott, who will decide the winner in September.
The chosen design will then be made into a permanent memorial to be housed at the National Memorial Arboretum.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Aristocracy

Bedford Academy shortlisted for award by judges including HRH The Duke of Cambridge and England international Theo Walcott | Beds On Sunday
Quote:
BEDFORD Academy on Mile Road, Bedford, has been shortlisted along side 34 other schools in a national competition organised by British Council, The Football Association, Football League and Premier League.
As part of the ‘Football Remembers’ project, pupils in schools across the country were asked to design a permanent memorial to the football games played on the Western Front during the Christmas Truce in December 1914.
Schools handpicked by Prince for exhibit | Burton Mail
Quote:
THREE local primary schools have been handpicked by Prince William to make the final in a national competition to immortalise the Christmas Truce of 1914.
St Peter's, in Yoxall, Belmont Primary School, in Swadlincote and Findern Primary school are three of 30,000 schools in the UK which were asked to take part in the competition which sees pupils design a permanent memorial to the football matches played along the Western Front during the Christmas Truce.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Aristocracy

Stortford school's First World War football memorial scores with Prince William and Theo Walcott | Bishops Stortford Herts & Essex Observer
Quote:
A DESIGN by pupils at a Bishop's Stortford primary school has made the final shortlist in a national competition to design a permanent memorial to the football matches played along the Western Front during the First World War's Christmas truce.
The St Michael's Church of England Primary children's effort is one of 34 deemed good enough for a memorial by judges the Duke of Cambridge, who is president of the Football Association, and Arsenal and England star Theo Walcott.
Prince William and Theo Walcott to judge Walsall school's World War One memorial design | Walsall Advertiser
Quote:
STUDENTS from a Walsall school are jumping for joy after their design for a memorial to commemorate a stand-out moment of World War One made the finals of a national competition.
Queen Mary’s Grammar School is one of 34 schools to be shortlisted for the competition, which is part of the Football Remembers project.
And their design will now be judged by both Prince William, HRH The Duke of Cambridge and Arsenal and England star, Theo Walcott.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Aristocracy

Sandhurst student shortlisted for war memorial competition - Get Reading
Quote:
Nathan Jones, of Sandhurst School, is one of 34 pupils from across the country to make the finals of the Football Remembers project which will see a permanent memorial placed at the National Memorial Arboretum

The competition will be judged by HRH The Duke of Cambridge who is the president of the FA, and Arsenal and England star Theo Walcott, with guidance from the British Council and the National Memorial Arboretum.

Tags
centrepoint, charities, patronages, prince william, tusk trust