The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
218px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Prince_of_Wales.svg.png

Arms of HRH The Duke of Cambridge

The Duke of Cambridge's
Charities and Patronages

This thread covers the following:
Patron of 100 Women in Finance
Announced January 1, 2010
Official Website

Patron of the 2018 International Festival for Business
Announced September 29, 2017
Official Website

Patron of A Positive View 2010
September 2008-December 2010

Joint Patron of City Salute Appeal

Patron of the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre Appeal
2015-June 2018

Vice President of The Foundation of the College of St. George
Announced August 22, 2008
Official Website

Patron of the Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund
Announced January 8, 2009
Official Website

Patron of the HMS Alliance Conservation Appeal
June 2008-May 2014

Patron of the Imperial War Museum Foundation First World War Centenary Campaign
December 2010-July 2014

Patron of the London Air Ambulance Charity 30th Anniversary Campaign
Announced January 9, 2019

Patron of the Lord Mayor's Appeal 2008
January-December 2008

Patron of the Metropolitan & City Police Orphans Fund
Announced January 3, 2017
Official Website

Patron of the Mountain Rescue Council England & Wales
Announced May 16, 2007
Official Website

Patron of the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal
April 2009-March 2017

Royal Patron of The Passage
Announced February 13, 2019
Official Website

Patron of the Royal African Society
Announced December 20, 2016
Official Website

Patron of the Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
Announced September 10, 2008
Official Website

Patron of St Giles Trust 50th Anniversary
January-December 2012

Patron of The Thin Red Line Appeal
Announced October 20, 2016
Official Website

Patron of the University of St Andrew's 600th Anniversary Appeal
February 2011-December 2013

Patron of the Windsor Greys Jubilee Appeal
2012-2014

Honorary Air Commandant of Royal Air Force Coningsby
Announced October 2, 2008
Official Website

Colonel of the Irish Guards
Announced February 10, 2011
Official Website

Commodore-in-Chief of Scotland - Royal Naval Command
Announced August 8, 2006

Commodore-in-Chief of Submarines - Royal Naval Command
Announced August 8, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
CAMILLA AND YOUNG PRINCES WELCOMED INTO THE NAVY

William and Harry are also taking on duties as naval patrons. Charles' eldest son will take an honorary position with the Navy's submarine division, while his brother has a similar role in relation to small ships

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/08/09/camilla/

HRH Kimetha said:
I guess boys will be boys--enthusiac about sports and more sports. It also sounds like he wants dibs on the best seats in the house and stadium and what better way to get them? :)
As of Feb. '07 he will have four patronages. Two of them are charties Centrepoint and Tusk while two are sports related FA and WRU. I think he has only done anything with FA. Although I thought he might done something for Tusk.

kpusa1981 said:
As of Feb. '07 he will have four patronages. Two of them are charties Centrepoint and Tusk while two are sports related FA and WRU. I think he has only done anything with FA. Although I thought he might done something for Tusk.

I think he did something with all his patronages, except for the Welsh. :)

I think your right for Centrepoint it was no more than a photo op. The only reason has done much with FA is the World Cup was this year. WRU he hasn't done any thing with since he really hasn't taken it on yet.
What does everyone think of post #10 and this one?

It could be that Prince William will do more public activities for the charities that he is the Patron of when he takes up full time public duties at the end of his time in the military.

According to the CH announced schedule he will spend the next 3 years in different branches of the military (which counting 2006 will equal 4 years) and then take up his public duties while working as the official Ranger (?) for Windsor Park alongside his grandfather Prince Philip.

I'm sure he will take up his duties as Patron of all of his respective charities full-time at that point.

TonyaR said:
It could be that Prince William will do more public activities for the charities that he is the Patron of when he takes up full time public duties at the end of his time in the military. I'm sure he will take up his duties as Patron of all of his respective charities full-time at that point.

I believe that William is really interested in ecological and conservational projects and will focus a lot of effort outside of prying eyes. With the new opportunity of taking over his grandfather's role as Ranger in Windsor, he is beginning to show he took his studies in geography and what that part of that subject matter focused on in the importance of preservation and conservation. His other charities are for 'doing what's right' and for a little sporting fun.:)

I think your right for Centrepoint it was no more than a photo op. The only reason has done much with FA is the World Cup was this year. WRU he hasn't done any thing with since he really hasn't taken it on yet.
What does everyone think of post #10 and this one?

He worked at Centrepoint for a few days before he became patron, I don't know for how long though but it should be easy to find out. I don't know if he has done anything for Tusk Trust yet.

Has there been any official word on the ranger thing, I never saw anything official on that.

I am glad that William is starting to take on more royal duties.

William is becoming more of a humanitarian every day, just like his mother.

William is very athletic, swimming, polo and rugby.

Last edited:
Didn't he play tennis when his mom was alive (with her) and do some rowing and football (soccer) or something like that while at school too?

The Royal Family > HRH The Prince of Wales and family > Prince William

Prince William is a keen sportsman and loves football, rugby, tennis, swimming and water polo. At Ludgrove, he was rugby and hockey team captain and represented the school at cross-country running.
Prince William is also a crack clay pigeon shooter, winning the school's prize in 1994. He acted in school plays, and enjoys reading and film-going.

Last edited:
Prince William to become Patron of the 2008 Lord Mayor´s Appeal
7th November

Every year the Lord Mayor of the City of London chooses one or more charities to benefit from his appeal.

The Prince of Wales - Prince William to become Patron of the 2008 Lord Mayor's Appeal

It is good for William's image and good for the charity appeal because it will bring his famous name to their benefit. However, William is somewhat surprising choice as patron for a "Wellbeing for Women" appeal. I would have thought maybe Sophie, or at least Camilla or Anne. A woman for the women, after all. But obviously Clarence House is trying to integrate William into more engagements and improve his image.... I'm glad. They need to improve his image from the damage he has done with all this club and Kate and paparazzi-victim stuff.... I hope they will continue with this tactic.

Pics 1.5.2008

Prince William, Patron of the Lord Mayor's Appeal 2008, at
a Sporting Heroes Dinner in aid of Wellbeing of Women and
ORBIS at the Guildhall on May 1, 2008 in London, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince William visits South Wales.

Prince William during a visit to the Valleys Kids Project at the Pen Dinas Flats, in Dinas in the Rhondda Valleys. The project works with disadvantaged children and families in the South Wales Valleys. Dinas, Wales - 08.05.08
BelgaPicture - Category details
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Prince William takes part in a rescue exercise with the Central Beacons Mountain Rescue Team om May 8, 2008
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Last edited:
William really needs to get over his problems with the media.

There was an uncomfortable echo of a family trait when Prince William shot an unfriendly greeting at photographers awaiting his departure from the Royal Navy submarine museum in Gosport, Hants.............William sniffed: "Why don't you all fall in, so I can leave.'"

Hurd's boy ends his love Tory | Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom