Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA - December 7-9, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard they will be touching down this afternoon

The Duchess will skip the visit to the Empire State Building on Tuesday because 'recent health issues', no concerns about her health/the rest of the program though. (Max Foster on Twitter, @MaxFosterCNN)

The Duchess will skip the visit to the Empire State Building on Tuesday because 'recent health issues', no concerns about her health/the rest of the program though. (Max Foster on Twitter, @MaxFosterCNN)

She was never going to to do this - the itinerary is clear - it was a solo visit by William. Apparently journos mistakenly wrote D&D.

I'm sure they kissed and slobbered down George's chubby cheeks before they left.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 1h 1 hour ago
British advertising mogul Sir Martin Sorrell & wife Cristiana are hosting private dinner for #PrinceWilliam & #DuchessOfCambridge in NYC.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 2h 2 hours ago
UK Ambassador to US says fact #PrinceWilliam has been invited to meet #PresidentObama at #WhiteHouse is a "compliment."

The Empire State Building event is a business reception that William is going to. They have 3 event before and the St Andrews gala afterwards. Kate is probably using the break to rest up and get ready for the gala which will take more time to get ready than William who only has to change into a tux.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
To me, it seems stupid for Richard Palmer to tweet that. There are only so many transatlantic flight and with the plane tracking available on the Internet. Especially with the threat of ISIS sleeper cell attacks and what happened to the plane in the Ukraine that the royal reporters would keep their lips shut until the plane is on the ground.

Perhaps. But now that it is possible to use wifi connected devices while flying, it's impossible to keep word from getting out. (my imaginary tweet:OMG! Royalty aboard my flight!#William and Kate)

You mean the DoC isn't going to climb up to the top of the Empire State Building? LOL
Things are getting silly, that means they must almost be here!

Sorry to sound repetitive but do they have engagements tonight? The official press release mention only the arrival for today...

I saw a post on Facebook with photographers waiting outside the Carlyle Hotel for their arrival. I am under the impression that where they are staying is classified information for security reasons.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I saw a post on Facebook with photographers waiting outside the Carlyle Hotel for their arrival. I am under the impression that where they are staying is classified information for security reasons.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Its been reported by several sources that they'll be staying at the Carlyle. :)

New York prepares to receive Prince William and Kate as they touch down for a charitable charm offensive on the Big Apple | Daily Mail Online
New York’s glitterati were today preparing to open their hearts — and their wallets — to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as they touch down for a whirlwind visit to the city.

Prince William and five-month pregnant wife, Kate, have left their 16-month-old son, Prince George, at home as they launch a charitable charm offensive on the Big Apple.

The royals are, like William’s late mother before him, staying at the luxurious Carlyle Hotel, where a suite can cost £9,000 a night, until Tuesday.

Within hours after touching down on a scheduled flight from London with their seven-strong entourage – including Kate’s hairdresser, Amanda Cook Tucker, who is being paid for by the couple privately –will be out schmoozing some of the city’s wealthiest men and women at a private dinner.

I am getting very excited even so I live on the other side of the Country but it a great feeling knowing that There will be royal in the U.S even if they will be here until Wednesday Morning. Can't wait for their arrival most likely in another hour or so.

I do wish William and Catherine were arriving at a better or more peaceful time. I hope there not a lot of protest in NYC or Washington.

They will love NYC and hopfully they get to do a little shopping and visit the Rockefeller Christmas tree.

Sorry to sound repetitive but do they have engagements tonight? The official press release mention only the arrival for today...

Yes, they have one engagement tonight. They'll be attending a Reception on behalf of the American Friends of The Royal Foundation.

Jet-lag...hope they don't fall asleep!

A daytime flight from the UK > NYC rarely induces jetlag as there is no 'missed nights sleep'.. Flying back is not so good.. NYC > London is known as the 'Medusa flight' for exactly that reason...

At least on the way back, they are not crammed into economy class. I couldn't sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time when I did the flight from the US to London. London to US was okay.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1m 1 minute ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived in New York. They landed at JFK at 4.37pm local time.

Empire State Bldg @EmpireStateBldg · 1m 1 minute ago
We welcome Their #Royal Highnesses The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge by sparkling in red, white & blue. #RoyalVisitUSA
https://twitter.com/EmpireStateBldg/status/541713456177872896

Last edited:
livelovelaughvr @livelovelaughvr · 56s 57 seconds ago
Literally there's a cat fight happening over Kate and getting a pic. These women r threatening each other! #RoyalVisitNYC

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA; December 7-9, 2014

CNN is going live to the hotel now. Press guy Nick is waiting outside for them. ?

In the hotel now

Last edited:
Max Foster is doing live coverage all day outside the Carlisle for CNN. By the arrival he is frozen. Early in the day, he was sticking to the US "The Princess." By the afternoon it became "The Princess errrr, The Duchess" and just now it was "The Duchess" Obviously the CNN production team got too cold to keep bugging him. Way to hold out Max! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom