The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2014, 11:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Exactly. You don't have a stillbirth until the 24th week, anything before that is called a miscarriage because there is an almost zero percent chance of survival during that time.

Catherine would be around 19/20 weeks during the US tour. You can fill in the blanks.
I hope to all that is sacred that something like this doesn't occur. Losing a child is the most tragic and devastating thing to happen to a woman, and I won't wish that upon anyone, especially Catherine. That said, let's keep our thoughts in a more positive direction.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
we've discussed this on previous pages.
Okay, I didn't know. I'll look back.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
*in your dreams* ! Anywhere the Duchess is expected to give birth [hospital/ hotel] will be temporarily designated British soverign territory, so the child will be 'born on British soil'..

I can't remember which foreign Royal was born in a Claridges hotel bedroom [during the last war, i think], but the birth place was duly designated territory of their country, so their honour, and law was satisfied.
If I remember well it was Prince Alexandre of Serbie
Old 11-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
*in your dreams* ! Anywhere the Duchess is expected to give birth [hospital/ hotel] will be temporarily designated British soverign territory, so the child will be 'born on British soil'..

I can't remember which foreign Royal was born in a Claridges hotel bedroom [during the last war, i think], but the birth place was duly designated territory of their country, so their honour, and law was satisfied.
The U.S. government would face incredible backlash if they did this, so they never would.

In any event, the odds of her giving birth in New York next week are about as great as my winning the Lotto. However, wherever the baby is born, it will hardly matter.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton and Prince William to stay in luxury New York hotel with history of hosting A-listers - Mirror Online
Quote:
This is the stunning hotel that will be Kate and William’s home from home next weekend when they arrive in New York for their three day trip.

The royal couple will use the Carlyle Hotel on Manhattan’s Madison Avenue as their base as they carry out official engagements in the US from Sunday December 7 to Tuesday December 9.

The swish Art Deco hotel is a favourite of royals and A-list celebrities.

Princess Diana stayed there in December 1995 when she visited New York for the United Cerebral Palsy’s annual dinner and Prince Charles and Camilla also used the hotel when they stopped in the city in November 2005.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Gentry

Looks really nice. I love Art Deco.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
The U.S. government would face incredible backlash if they did this, so they never would.

In any event, the odds of her giving birth in New York next week are about as great as my winning the Lotto. However, wherever the baby is born, it will hardly matter.

Sorry, what would the US object to? I imagine in a pinch they wouldn't have any problem deputizing soil, as it were, for a royal birth.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA; December 7-9, 2014

A baby born abroad to UK citizens is a UK citizen by descent. Babies born to UK citizens on Crown Service such as diplomats are given UK citizenship other than descent which is the same as if born in the UK.

In the US, fewer than 1 % of babies are born before 28 weeks. So the odds are that she is not going to have the baby in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

I was about to say that it shouldn't be a problem to temporarily declare a hospital (or even just the room itself) to be international ground for the duration of a labour in such an event, then I remembered we were discussing the U.S.

Given how Obama seems to face backlash if he so much as sneezes I can see such an event facing some backlash. However, as such a delivery would be a hugely emergent situation, I doubt the worry would be about were Kate gave birth or the citizenship of the baby.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Kate's New York City Wish List : People.com
Quote:
When Princess Kate and Prince William arrive in New York City Dec. 7 for a three-day trip, they'll embark on a hectic schedule that leaves little time for sightseeing.

Still, a friend of the royal family tells PEOPLE, Kate, is hoping to catch some of New York's top tourist attractions. "Somebody told me that Kate would like to see the Statue of Liberty or the Rockettes while she is here," the friend says.

Soon after arriving at their base at the swanky Carlyle hotel on the city's Upper East Side, Kate and William will attend a private dinner with the leading lights of the Royal Foundation, before a packed day Monday that ends with a trip to Brooklyn to watch a Brooklyn Nets basketball game.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Serene Highness

I love NY at the holiday time, the lights, the excitement in the air, snow, the chestnuts being sold on the street corners, I really hope she gets to see some of the city before she goes home. Rockefeller Center is amazing with the tree and everything around it....wish I was there!
Old 12-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I was about to say that it shouldn't be a problem to temporarily declare a hospital (or even just the room itself) to be international ground for the duration of a labour in such an event, then I remembered we were discussing the U.S.

Given how Obama seems to face backlash if he so much as sneezes I can see such an event facing some backlash. However, as such a delivery would be a hugely emergent situation, I doubt the worry would be about were Kate gave birth or the citizenship of the baby.
There would be no backlash. All that would need to happen would be to have the baby born directly into a diplomatic pouch. This really is a non-issue.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
I love NY at the holiday time, the lights, the excitement in the air, snow, the chestnuts being sold on the street corners, I really hope she gets to see some of the city before she goes home. Rockefeller Center is amazing with the tree and everything around it....wish I was there!

Oh yes, me too! It looks amazing then.
(I love to drive into the city at that time just to see the window displays; I'm going next Saturday to take part in Santa Con)!

I read that the tickets for the dinner at the Met haven't sold very well though.
Can't say I'm surprised; the tickets are so expensive, and why would anyone imagine a bunch of jaded New Yorkers would care about benefiting St. Andrews University? Bet they'll have to cut the prices if they want a sold-out event).
Old 12-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The Sunday Times said that the tickets were almost sold out.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

That sounds like a more credible source than Sebastian Shakepeare! (Where I read that lots of tickets remain).
Old 12-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I stopped reading when I saw "Princess Kate". If a source can't get the simple things correct, the rest is probably baloney too.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I stopped reading when I saw "Princess Kate". If a source can't get the simple things correct, the rest is probably baloney too.
It's People, so it's one of those consider the source things. OTOH, I'll take "Princess Kate" over "Kate Middleton" anyday.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
But she is a princess, just not Princess Kate. I really would not expect them to get The Princess William bit.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Diana was called Princess Di or Princess Diana for several years on the headlines and covers of magazines and newspapers. That title was never correct either. Princess Kate is way less annoying than a paper printing Prince William and Kate Middleton to tour the U.S. when you could have just used The Cambridges or Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Serene Highness

The media never gets it right anymore, in fact it gets worse with time, they are on their own when it comes to a person's title or name....sad and sometimes it is disrespectful to say the least.