The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsnyder View Post
Has the coverage of the LeBron James "breach of etiquette" bothered anyone else? I don't like how a warm, demonstrative, genuine gesture was turned into something somewhat scandalous. I have the utmost respect and admiration for the duke and duchess, but I think the whole untouchable thing is a little over the top. I don't like when etiquette is used as some sort of weapon to create offense when none was intended. I guess it's just the egalitarian American in me.
The coverage bothered me, if only because it was clearly no big deal. When I first saw the picture of LeBron with the Duke and Duchess, I thought "oh, it's not often someone puts their arm around her!" I don't have a problem with the established etiquette or anything like that, but I think it's quite clear that William and Kate are fine when things are a little bit more relaxed. And they were at a basketball game, after all. The thing that bugged me the most about the coverage was the fact that many of the stories I saw left out the fact that a spokesperson for William and Kate said, basically, that there was no breach of protocol and that everything was fine.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Just imagine if they really don't like B-Ball...having to endure sitting thru a whole game and pretend to enjoy it...ugh. The life of a Royal....
They were only there for the second half and even if you've never seen a game, it's easily understood and very exciting. Besides, I think they both saw some basketball during the Olympics in London.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Earrings were a private gift. So they are hers😀

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Those earrings are beyond beautiful, do you know if she has worn them before? I don't remember them, and being a gift, who gave them to her? Those are some really big emeralds in those earrings, wow.....
Old 12-10-2014, 12:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I looked and saw 0 staff tonight with the Cambridges. They seemed to hold court completely and comfortably on their own.
Did anyone else spy a staffer?

The couple were sweet on the stairs in/out.

If anyone finds a hunk of good photos of William inside, please post?
Old 12-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
The coverage bothered me, if only because it was clearly no big deal. When I first saw the picture of LeBron with the Duke and Duchess, I thought "oh, it's not often someone puts their arm around her!" I don't have a problem with the established etiquette or anything like that, but I think it's quite clear that William and Kate are fine when things are a little bit more relaxed. And they were at a basketball game, after all. The thing that bugged me the most about the coverage was the fact that many of the stories I saw left out the fact that a spokesperson for William and Kate said, basically, that there was no breach of protocol and that everything was fine.
So true. They were obviously not bothered by it, yet the media won't stop talking about it.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The Daily Mail article has a bunch of inside photos plus Kate and Eugenie together. Apparently if you go to St Andrews it's either married or alcoholic according to Wills- both him and Catherine are glad it was married to paraphrase the Duke.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Royal Highness

I have not had time to read what others have posted here, but I have followed the visit through the media. A successful trip for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, they did both a very good job.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA; December 7-9, 2014

Picture of them leaving the museum

https://mobile.twitter.com/HRHKateBl...314560/photo/1

William has become slightly untucked with his dress shirt and appears to be sweating. Kate looks the same as when she entered. Probably the same thing happened at university most times 😀

The last British Airways flight (scheduled at 11:05 pm, left 11:37 PM) from JFK to London Heathrow just got in a little after 11 am London time so that's all of yesterday flights are landed so WK will be on their way to pickup Cheeks and Lupo from the grandparents soon.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the cute picture, William must of had a very good time last night and ready for a long nap on that flight home. I enjoyed seeing them here and she looked so elegant last night and he a dapper dan, so what is next on their calendar......glad to see they made it home and wonder what they got George and Lupo......
Old 12-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Serene Highness

Beautiful and stunning evening gown! One of her bests ever.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Picture of them leaving the museum

https://mobile.twitter.com/HRHKateBl...314560/photo/1

William has become slightly untucked with his dress shirt and appears to be sweating. Kate looks the same as when she entered. Probably the same thing happened at university most times 😀

The last British Airways flight (scheduled at 11:05 pm, left 11:37 PM) from JFK to London Heathrow just got in a little after 11 am London time so that's all of yesterday flights are landed so WK will be on their way to pickup Cheeks and Lupo from the grandparents soon.

I hope the strong winds off the North Atlantic today didn't make their return flight miserable !
Old 12-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Thanks for the cute picture, William must of had a very good time last night and ready for a long nap on that flight home. I enjoyed seeing them here and she looked so elegant last night and he a dapper dan, so what is next on their calendar......glad to see they made it home and wonder what they got George and Lupo......

William has an engagement Friday unveiling a Christmas truce memorial with the FA and he is going a couple of places in the area. I would think the big Royal Family get together at BP is sometime next week, they also have a staff party for their household and then off to Amner for Christmas is my bet.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 8 mins8 minutes ago

William & Kate are back in London after a very successful #RoyalVisitUSA. Their @univofstandrews event raised a record-breaking $3.4 million

Eloise Parker ‏@eloiseparker 33 mins33 minutes ago

The #600NYBenefit funds will be spent on scholarships, science, medicine, sports & literature, according to @univofstandrews.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
William has an engagement Friday unveiling a Christmas truce memorial with the FA and he is going a couple of places in the area. I would think the big Royal Family get together at BP is sometime next week, they also have a staff party for their household and then off to Amner for Christmas is my bet.

Thank you Skippyboo, I am looking forward to seeing them at the church service on Christmas day. I am hoping to see PG at some point during the holidays to see how he has grown.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Majesty

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2658619.html

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2658160.html

Prince William and Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge, in New York | Blogs•Spletnik.ru

Old 12-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

What marvellous national assets our young Royals have become, says STEPHEN POLLARD

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...ational-Assets
Quote:
Presidents, prime ministers, film stars, pop stars – they come, they go. And New Yorkers don’t bat an eyelid.

But as I worked my way around my meetings in New York there was one topic that people constantly brought up.

“Did you know,” they’d ask, “that Kate and William are coming here?” Jaded and cynical as they might be about almost everyone else, when it comes to British royalty – proper royals, with titles and lines to the throne – then New Yorkers lose all their cool and poise.

They go weak at the knees. This week’s visit by the royal couple has not merely dominated the news in the US, it has had a razzle-dazzle impact that Americans haven’t really experienced since William’s own mother visited.

To anyone who doubts the point or purpose of our Royal Family, the visit to the US by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge surely provides the perfect rebuttal. Whatever “it” is, they have it. And they’re ours.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
So true. They were obviously not bothered by it, yet the media won't stop talking about it.
I have come to realize that today's media ONLY wants to report on something to start or spread ill will. This bit of nonsense was reported by a weird reporter that should be put out to pasture. There have not been too many gullible citizens that have even cared about it as nothing was done to cause harm, only tenderness to a pregnant woman to guide direction.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

It was a beautiful tour and I'm glad they came over here. The American people do like the British royals and always welcome them with open arms when they come over.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Thank you Skippyboo, I am looking forward to seeing them at the church service on Christmas day. I am hoping to see PG at some point during the holidays to see how he has grown.

Maybe we get a car seat shot when they go to BP for the family shindig or Kate takes Cheeks out to watch Daddy and Uncle Harry to play football with the locals.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very pleased to read that the event raised such a large sum for the university.