The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Wills and pregnant Kate are reunited as they attend New York reception alongside Hillary and Chelsea Clinton to recognize the work of wildlife charities* | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
They were separated today as the Duchess of Cambridge met children in Harlem and the Duke spoke with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office.

But this evening, Wills and Kate were reunited once more as they joined Hillary and Chelsea Clinton for an official reception in New York City.

The couple, who are visiting America without, Prince George, and are expecting their second child in April, are attending the event at the British Consul General's Residence to recognize the work of The Tusk Trust and other partners of William's charity United for Wildlife.

Upon their arrival shortly after 6pm, they were pictured speaking and laughing with guests, including the Secretary of State and former First Lady, Hillary, and her daughter Chelsea, who gave birth to her own daughter, Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky, on September 26.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

It is about "the special relationship" shared by the UK and the U.S.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Majesty

"Special relationship between the UK and the USA" ... well .. it is about nothing. You, on the other hand, have a right to see it as something special.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
"Special relationship between UK and USA" ... well .. it is about nothing. You, on the other hand, have a right to see it as something special.
The focus of the trip is mostly on wildlife conservation, I think (and there also happens to be a University of St. Andrews dinner tomorrow in New York night). And, of course, a bit of diplomacy thrown in, too. But, as mentioned, the focus seems mostly on wildlife conservation, about which William is passionate, and that's not "nothing." (Members of other royal families have also made short trips to NYC in the past - often there's one specific reason, but other charitable or diplomatic activities get thrown in, too.)
Old 12-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Yes a trip about mental illness awareness and wildlife conservation is a trip about nothing #sarcasm
Old 12-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Kate and William arrived at the Net vs Cavaliers game a little while ago. They had a quick bite to eat and are now about to take their seats.

Prince William and Princess Kate are Not as Tall as Dikembe Mutombo | The Big Lead
Old 12-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Then why are you in here posting about it?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Courtier

The first lady of NYC wrote about mental health awareness (about today trip with Kate) Promoting Mental Health Awareness, with Help from... | #FLONYC
Old 12-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

If you thought People magazine was bad with Princess Kate, ESPN just called Kate- Duchess Kate Middleton.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Kate and William arrived at the Net vs Cavaliers game a little while ago. They had a quick bite to eat and are now about to take their seats.

Prince William and Princess Kate are Not as Tall as Dikembe Mutombo | The Big Lead

Why did they make them pose like that? So awkward.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Twitter #royalvisitusa is hilarious right now. People are just gaga seeing the Cambridges. And the Cambridges seem fairly amused as well.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Why did they make them pose like that? So awkward.
It is rather awkward.

At the game.

https://twitter.com/RoyalReview/stat...968832/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Kate_Pierce/stat...41267699056641

Meeting Beyonce and Jay-Z.

https://twitter.com/TheDuchessStyle/...43187427819521

https://twitter.com/kell_harr/status/542142917838925824
Old 12-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA; December 7-9, 2014

Jumbotron Vine from Game -Big screen W&K

https://vine.co/v/OrDnFKhDFtl

Old 12-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

They are going to a basketball game? Are they sitting with jo and Beyoncé? I hope they got good seats.
The First Lady of New York? What is that about??
It is always good for people to mix, so glag they took the trip
Old 12-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA; December 7-9, 2014

They are at the basketball game now. Not sitting with Jay Z and Beyoncé are opposite side but they met court side during a break in the game.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

British royalty meets pop royalty: William and Kate join Beyoncé and Jay-Z courtside at Brooklyn Nets basketball game | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
They are the stars of British royalty and the pop world respectively.

And tonight, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Beyoncé and her husband, Jay-Z, came face-to-face at a Brooklyn Nets game in New York.

As the crowd cheered and took photos, Prince William and his pregnant wife, Kate - who looked chic in a grey coat by US designer Tory Burch, skinny jeans and black heels - were seen greeting the singer and rapper before the second half of the Cleveland Cavaliers game.

They beamed as they exchanged words with the couple, before returning to their courtside seats next to basketball legend, Dikembe Mutombo. Beyoncé and Jay-Z, meanwhile, sat down in their own seats directly opposite them, where they were served an array of snacks.

Before the royal couple's appearance at the game, William and Kate - who is nearly five months' pregnant - met with NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and Senior Vice President of Community & Player Programs, Kathleen Behrens, for a photo call.

The Duke, who had spent the day meeting with President Barack Obama, attending a formal reception and addressing a World Bank anti-corruption conference, couldn't resist picking up a basketball as he arrived at an NBA game, joking: 'I think I should be spinning this on my finger.'

The 6ft 2ins royal also craned his neck to meet towering 7ft 2ins star, Dikembe Mutombo, and remarked: 'At last someone who is taller than me!'
Old 12-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Please note that TRF is a discussion forum so we are all not going to agree on everything.

As such, we welcome both positive and negative comments/opinions. What we don't welcome is being rude to your fellow posters.

A reminder about the following TRF rule:
  • Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 12-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They are at the basketball game now. Not sitting with Jay Z and Beyoncé are opposite side but they met court side during a break in the game.

Well that's pretty cute, my son tells me jz owns the team
Old 12-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

He owns part of it. Most of it owned by a Russian billionaire.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
The first lady of NYC wrote about mental health awareness (about today trip with Kate) Promoting Mental Health Awareness, with Help from... | #FLONYC
Thank you for posting this link, the mayor's wife is clearly a talented writer, she captures in words why Catherine's choice to focus on charities such as this is so very important.
Too cute that the 3-4 yr olds visited thought they were meeting a Princess from the Disney movie Frozen.
I was also pleased that Catherine was holding up so well that she was able to join William when he met the Clintons.
I wonder how familiar the Cambridges are with basketball, is it played in England? I did see that the game was available on my cable for an extra charge, but decided to not bother paying to watch it as I figured they'd mostly show basketball on that NBA channel rather than the Cambridges and while I'm a fan of the Cambridges I'm not dedicated enough to watch a basketball game on the off chance the cameras might show the couple sitting court side occasionally.