The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Jet-lag...hope they don't fall asleep!

Old 12-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

A daytime flight from the UK > NYC rarely induces jetlag as there is no 'missed nights sleep'.. Flying back is not so good.. NYC > London is known as the 'Medusa flight' for exactly that reason...

Old 12-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

At least on the way back, they are not crammed into economy class. I couldn't sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time when I did the flight from the US to London. London to US was okay.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1m 1 minute ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived in New York. They landed at JFK at 4.37pm local time.

Empire State Bldg @EmpireStateBldg · 1m 1 minute ago
We welcome Their #Royal Highnesses The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge by sparkling in red, white & blue. #RoyalVisitUSA
https://twitter.com/EmpireStateBldg/...13456177872896

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

livelovelaughvr @livelovelaughvr · 56s 57 seconds ago
Literally there's a cat fight happening over Kate and getting a pic. These women r threatening each other! #RoyalVisitNYC

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA; December 7-9, 2014

CNN is going live to the hotel now. Press guy Nick is waiting outside for them. 😃

In the hotel now

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter William and Kate have arrived at The Carlyle Hotel in New York. Kate's in a Seraphine maternity coat.

https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/s...333888/photo/1
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...477120/photo/1
https://twitter.com/RegalEyes/status...137088/photo/1

ITV News @itvnews Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive at their hotel in New York
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-12-07/royal-couple-arrive-at-hotel-in-new-york …
Old 12-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter William and Kate have arrived at The Carlyle Hotel in New York. Kate's in a Seraphine maternity coat.

https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/s...333888/photo/1
https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/s...095168/photo/1

I wonder if it's just her coat, or if she's gained a bit in the stomach.

Can't wait for better photos.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

https://twitter.com/markacuthbert/st...332864/photo/1

https://twitter.com/JasonCalabretta/...997184/photo/1
Old 12-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Max Foster is doing live coverage all day outside the Carlisle for CNN. By the arrival he is frozen. Early in the day, he was sticking to the US "The Princess." By the afternoon it became "The Princess errrr, The Duchess" and just now it was "The Duchess" Obviously the CNN production team got too cold to keep bugging him. Way to hold out Max!
Old 12-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in New York
Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived in New York for a tour of the east coast of the United States.
The couple are in the country for three days, during which Prince William will meet President Barack Obama.
Catherine, who is pregnant with the couple's second child, will accompany the duke to pay respects to those who died in the 9/11 terror attacks.
Danny Lopez, the British consul general in New York, said there had been "incredible interest" in the visit.
He added there has been a huge "level of excitement" from people in the city.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Kate lands in New York with a bump: Pregnant Duchess wears British maternity brand as royal couple touch down for two-day tour of the Big Apple | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm excited they're here.

Video:
William And Kate In New York For First Visit-
http://news.sky.com/story/1387196/wi...or-first-visit

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

The look on Kate's face reminds me of the look on her face when she came out on the balcony at BP on her wedding day - in complete wonderment. No matter where I've been there's no city in the world that can compare to New York. As a native New Yorker, I can't imagine what it's like to see it and experience it for the first time. It's especially brilliant in December, despite the bitter cold. I think she'll regret only being there for two days, and with all those events packed in.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Must say that Twitter has been bonkers! Never realised Catherine's "fan" base in US was so crazy. William getting them to pose for the Media pool was excellent - maybe influence of new Press guru. This visit is not passing unnoticed in NYC.

From a British perspective, the security seems OTT but each country makes its own decisions.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William and Princess Kate Have Arrived in New York City - The British Royals, Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com
Quote:
In the most anticipated royal visit since the glory days of Diana, the couple flew in on a scheduled British Airways flight that arrived at John F. Kennedy International Airport in Queens. They were then whisked to Manhattan, where their first stop was their hotel, the storied Carlyle.

Amid a sea of blue flashing lights, the Big Apple got its first glimpse of the royals as they stepped out of the car at 5:43 p.m. to cheers from about 450 well-wishers and members of the media. An expectant Kate, clad in an eggplant "Marina" maternity coat by Seraphine, smiled as she made her way into the hotel with her arm around her husband. In honor of their arrival, the iconic Empire State Building was lit up in red, white and blue.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Courtier

Here is tonight's coverage of the arrival from the New York Post
Royal couple arrives in NYC | Page Six
(sorry mods, a duplicate post so delete if not needed)
Old 12-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Must say that Twitter has been bonkers! Never realised Catherine's "fan" base in US was so crazy. William getting them to pose for the Media pool was excellent - maybe influence of new Press guru. This visit is not passing unnoticed in NYC.

From a British perspective, the security seems OTT but each country makes its own decisions.
To me, it was simply amazing and heartwarming to see all the photos so far of the Cambridges' arrival in NYC. What a blessed relief from the past week filled with the almost 24/7 coverage of the protests and troubles not only in NYC but elsewhere around the nation.

In this regard, I don't think the security was OTT but very, very necessary as if I'm not mistaken, NYC is still quite a tinderbox ready to explode.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
The look on Kate's face reminds me of the look on her face when she came out on the balcony at BP on her wedding day - in complete wonderment. No matter where I've been there's no city in the world that can compare to New York. As a native New Yorker, I can't imagine what it's like to see it and experience it for the first time. It's especially brilliant in December, despite the bitter cold. I think she'll regret only being there for two days, and with all those events packed in.
I thought the same thing - Kate often looks happy, but she was positively beaming upon her arrival! As someone who visited Manhattan for the first time when I was 18, I definitely remember that feeling of sheer wonderment just to be in New York (even though I was a bit frazzled, having to worry about luggage and taxis and such - fortunately, William and Kate, they don't have to deal with such issues!) And to be in NYC near Christmastime - that's particularly special. I do wish they had a bit more time in NYC, too, and that there were a few more "sightseeing"-type events on the agenda. Oh well - just walking (or riding) around the streets of New York can be exciting!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

British royals arrive in New York - CNN.com
Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived in New York City on Sunday as they begin a busy three-day visit to the United States.

A crowd gathered outside the hotel where William and Kate are staying hours before the royal couple arrived.

Police were on hand to keep the crowds a safe distance away.

Many of those who gathered said they were more interested in catching a glimpse of Kate, who is pregnant with her second child. The couple's toddler, Prince George, did not make the trip.