The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Press release from the NBA re working with The Royal Foundation

Royal Foundation, NBA announce partnership | NBA.com

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Nobility

Just heard they will be touching down this afternoon

Old 12-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

The Duchess will skip the visit to the Empire State Building on Tuesday because 'recent health issues', no concerns about her health/the rest of the program though. (Max Foster on Twitter, @MaxFosterCNN)
Old 12-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 6 mins6 minutes ago

Lots of celebs wanting to meet Duke and Duchess in NYC. Will have final list of those that got invites in the morning.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
The Duchess will skip the visit to the Empire State Building on Tuesday because 'recent health issues', no concerns about her health/the rest of the program though. (Max Foster on Twitter, @MaxFosterCNN)
She was never going to to do this - the itinerary is clear - it was a solo visit by William. Apparently journos mistakenly wrote D&D.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure they kissed and slobbered down George's chubby cheeks before they left.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

PIX11 NewsVerified account ‏@PIX11News

The media begins to pick up credentials to cover Will and Kate's first-ever trip to NYC. Photo: @PIX11News @NYNEWSGUY
https://twitter.com/PIX11News/status...762625/photo/1

No interest from the press then...
Old 12-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 1h 1 hour ago
British advertising mogul Sir Martin Sorrell & wife Cristiana are hosting private dinner for #PrinceWilliam & #DuchessOfCambridge in NYC.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 2h 2 hours ago
UK Ambassador to US says fact #PrinceWilliam has been invited to meet #PresidentObama at #WhiteHouse is a "compliment."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The Empire State Building event is a business reception that William is going to. They have 3 event before and the St Andrews gala afterwards. Kate is probably using the break to rest up and get ready for the gala which will take more time to get ready than William who only has to change into a tux.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

livelovelaughvr @livelovelaughvr · 27m 27 minutes ago
@RoyalKateDebate Christmas trees will greet William and Kate inside the hotel
https://twitter.com/livelovelaughvr/...73419948167168

British Royals @britishroyals · 2m 2 minutes ago
Crowd starting to gather at the Carlyle, where William & Kate will be staying in #NYC #RoyalVisitUSA (via @cbcsteve)
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...82897489367041

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
To me, it seems stupid for Richard Palmer to tweet that. There are only so many transatlantic flight and with the plane tracking available on the Internet. Especially with the threat of ISIS sleeper cell attacks and what happened to the plane in the Ukraine that the royal reporters would keep their lips shut until the plane is on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Perhaps. But now that it is possible to use wifi connected devices while flying, it's impossible to keep word from getting out. (my imaginary tweet:OMG! Royalty aboard my flight!#William and Kate)

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

You mean the DoC isn't going to climb up to the top of the Empire State Building? LOL
Things are getting silly, that means they must almost be here!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry to sound repetitive but do they have engagements tonight? The official press release mention only the arrival for today...
Old 12-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I saw a post on Facebook with photographers waiting outside the Carlyle Hotel for their arrival. I am under the impression that where they are staying is classified information for security reasons.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I saw a post on Facebook with photographers waiting outside the Carlyle Hotel for their arrival. I am under the impression that where they are staying is classified information for security reasons.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Its been reported by several sources that they'll be staying at the Carlyle.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

royal whispers Virgin Atlantic USA ‏@Virgin_Atlantic 2 min2 minuti fa
We gave a royal welcome for a William and a Kate who landed into New York JFK today from London #RoyalVisitUSA
Old 12-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

New York prepares to receive Prince William and Kate as they touch down for a charitable charm offensive on the Big Apple | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
New York’s glitterati were today preparing to open their hearts — and their wallets — to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as they touch down for a whirlwind visit to the city.

Prince William and five-month pregnant wife, Kate, have left their 16-month-old son, Prince George, at home as they launch a charitable charm offensive on the Big Apple.

The royals are, like William’s late mother before him, staying at the luxurious Carlyle Hotel, where a suite can cost £9,000 a night, until Tuesday.

Within hours after touching down on a scheduled flight from London with their seven-strong entourage – including Kate’s hairdresser, Amanda Cook Tucker, who is being paid for by the couple privately –will be out schmoozing some of the city’s wealthiest men and women at a private dinner.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Courtier

I am getting very excited even so I live on the other side of the Country but it a great feeling knowing that There will be royal in the U.S even if they will be here until Wednesday Morning. Can't wait for their arrival most likely in another hour or so.

I do wish William and Catherine were arriving at a better or more peaceful time. I hope there not a lot of protest in NYC or Washington.

They will love NYC and hopfully they get to do a little shopping and visit the Rockefeller Christmas tree.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Sorry to sound repetitive but do they have engagements tonight? The official press release mention only the arrival for today...
Yes, they have one engagement tonight. They'll be attending a Reception on behalf of the American Friends of The Royal Foundation.