Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Singapore, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu - 9/2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Singapore, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu - 9/2012

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit
Singapore, the Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu
in 2012 to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Singapore: Tuesday 11th - Thursday 13th September
Solomon Islands: Sunday 16th - Tuesday 18th September
Tuvalu: Tuesday 18th - Wednesday 19th September

:crown5:

Last edited by a moderator:
The portion of the trip in Malaysia will be discussed in a thread in the Malaysia subforum.

Last edited:
From the Clarence House Twitter:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Singapore from Tuesday 11th until Thursday 13th September

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Solomon Islands from Sunday 16th until Tuesday 18th September

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Tuvalu from Tuesday 18th until Wednesday 19th September

This has the potential to be a really amazing tour. It'll be interesting to see William and Kate carried shoulder high when they arrive on the Solomon Islands.

This will be the most incredible marketing opportunity for these tiny little islands. Most people have never heard of them, but they'll be in the news all over the world during the visit. I hope they have strategies in place to take advantage of the kind of opportunity that most tiny nations can only dream of.

I hate the implications of this article - private hairdresser, private plane and honeymoon night at 5 star resort

then you read on, hairdresser - necessary and paid for by POW office, plane - only way to get to remote parts of tour, 5 star resort night - gift of govt to promote tourism... but good to get more info

i think this is going to be a fabulously beautiful tour

A paradise for Kate Middleton: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to tour exotic East | Mail Online

Hi all, I am from Singapore and am very excited about the upcoming trip of William and Catherine to my country. Does anyone know where can I get the detailed program like date and time of their visit? As usual, we only knew about the places they are visiting but the timings are not made known to us, Will take leave from work to go and see them so any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Exact times probably won't be released until the day before, we have a daily plan in the specific threads but no times.

tlklhm said:
Hi all, I am from Singapore and am very excited about the upcoming trip...
Wow, you are so lucky. When you do see them try to take some pictures and share them with us here on the forums. We would love to share your experience. Have fun and hopefully you get to not only take pictures but maybe meet them at some point. Good luck! :)

If you want to read more details of the trip to South Asia- on the prince of wales homepage - www.princeofwales.gov.uk in the right hand side under the heading FOCUS, there is a picture of Will & Kate, the article is Jamie Lowter Pinkerton press briefing with the media for the tour. It say what they are doing each day. The schedule is pretty full. A lot state dinners and diplomatic stuff that we didn't see in Canada. James the hairdresser that did her hair for the wedding went on the Canadian tour last year. Kate will definately need one with more formal events on this tour.

:flowers:Very comprehensive and took me some time to finish reading it:lol:. It seems that there is a lot of focus on conservation and environment. Love the fact that William is into conservation (thumbs up). I hope that they have the chance to see the wild orang utans, they are amazing creatures.

And I like the part where they emphasize how cost minimizing they are for the trip but no doubt where the press will be focusing their attention on... :whistling:

It's going to be an interesting tour, sartorially speaking. Lots of tropical weather, travelling through rainforests and between islands on interesting modes of transport including a canoe. It's going to be difficult for Kate to plan her outfits. I reckon we'll see some more trousers than we're used to seeing on Kate. What do you guys think?

It's going to be an interesting tour, sartorially speaking. Lots of tropical weather, travelling through rainforests and between islands on interesting modes of transport including a canoe. It's going to be difficult for Kate to plan her outfits. I reckon we'll see some more trousers than we're used to seeing on Kate. What do you guys think?

Personally, I don't think we'll see her in trousers at all. Although I am very illiterate about that area of the world, it doesn't strike me as a culture where women in official capacity would wear anything less than a dress or skirt. Perhaps someone here knows more than I and can inform us?

I'm not too sure either, Osipi, although I'd assume that in the Pacific islands they're a bit more laid back and informal, kind of like when Harry was in the Caribbean where he was fairly casual during the day but wore black tie for the official dinners etc. Will and Kate will be eating outside at least once, am I right?

I just felt that, if you're climbing in and out of canoes or being carried shoulder-high trousers might be a safer way to go?

At the wildlife preserve, definitely. One of the tabs also talked about a traditional island feast at which their highness-es would wear grass skirts? Really?
In general, I still expect tailored dresses for the day occasions. The Duchess rarely puts a foot wrong in these lovely if safe choices.

I wonder what we will see the Prince in :)lol:)? Maybe we can guess the number of day occasions we don't see him in a navy suit coat with red or blue tie.

They have just set off apparently, no pictures as it was 'private'.

We live in Singapore but I won't have an opportunity to see Their Royal Highnesses.

My wife will be tracking them like a bloodhound, I suspect.

Now I wonder if there will be any media coverage of their arrival in Singapore? I mean video coverage.

I just checked - channelnewsasia.com - Photo Gallery is the MediaCorp photo home page (video links also there). I am sure they will have coverage.
ABC in Australia is at: channelnewsasia.com - Photo Gallery. I checked and a quick "Duchess of Cambridge" search returned no itinerary -but they do cover Asia reasonably well. (as does the BBC, for that matter).
I'm looking forward to waking up and checking Getty and Zimbio - since with the 12 hour difference in TZ, photos should be loaded by the time I hit it for the day.

I think this leg of the trip is on Commercial airlines, yes?
We live in Singapore but I won't have an opportunity to see Their Royal Highnesses.
My wife will be tracking them like a bloodhound, I suspect.
Her opportunities may be sparse: UK in Singapore - Singapore, Singapore - Government Organization | Facebook says only one good opportunity for the public to peep! :ohmy:

I would think there would be more trousers for this trip. I just cant see Catherine walking around in dresses especially hiking in a rain forest. I thought I saw something about having to wear protective clothing for leeches? Sorry but I dont see a dress ocassion there. I would suppose the palace has taken into consideration everything they will be doing and have chosen a wardrobe suitable for all the events. I would think Catherine has taken everything into consideration as well and has made some decisions on what to wear. Im just hoping there will be a tiara event somewhere on this tour. :)

Osipi said:
Personally, I don't think we'll see her in trousers at all. Although I am very illiterate about that area of the world, it doesn't strike me as a culture where women in official capacity would wear anything less than a dress or skirt. Perhaps someone here knows more than I and can inform us?

I am from Singapore where William & Kate will be visiting. Trouser for ladies is a quite the norm office wear here except for those working in hotel frontline. Can't wait to see them, i have took 2 days leave away from work to see them for today and tomorrow!! :)

I am from Singapore where William & Kate will be visiting. Trouser for ladies is a quite the norm office wear here except for those working in hotel frontline. Can't wait to see them, i have took 2 days leave away from work to see them for today and tomorrow!! :)

Happy hunting - we'll await your posts!

Can't wait to see them in Singapore in another 13 hours time where they will be at Botanic Garden to view a Orchid (our National flower) named after Diana!!! I took 2 days off work so will be at 3 locations today and tomorrow to see them!!! Getting excited !! :D

Anyone in this forum who is from Singapore wanted to meet-up at these locations??

Last edited:
AdmirerUS said:
Happy hunting - we'll await your posts!

Will do. Praying hard that I will have some good shots of them. :D

Back
Top Bottom