Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Singapore, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu - 9/2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems so rediculous that having been in this part of the world, that they should be on the continent for an hour in transit...
Hey :)

Sorry about the short visit. I'd be disappointed, too.

I think one of the reasons the tours of Canada are longer is that the Queen is also the Queen of Canada. I don't just mean she's our Head of State, but we are either the only other country or one of a very tiny group where she is, literally, the Queen of [Canada], a title in addition to her more well known title as Queen of ... In Canada she occupies the Maple Throne. Many countries could get rid of the Monarchy fairly easily. In Canada it would *not* be an easy task.

My guess, anyway. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happiness is sw463269 said:
why do the pictures have to be on twitter?

Because the media have not had time to look at what they took, sort them, find a connection and send them off. Many of these twitter pics come right off people's phones. So a local or a reporter on the plane takes a phone snap and tweets it immediately. There are other ways it happens- but that is basically it.

Madame Royale said:
Seems so rediculous that having been in this part of the world, that they should be on the continent for an hour in transit. I can't imagine that we'll see them visit Australia for at least 5 or more years which is rather dissapointing. The reception they would recieve here would be immense.

I disagree. I think Australia will be their next big tour. Australia is too important to the commonwealth. I don't expect HM and the DoE to be traveling much more and Charles and Camilla are there this year. W&K have done Canada and I think next up is Australia.

...I think one of the reasons the tours of Canada are longer is that the Queen is also the Queen of Canada.
The Queens position in Australia is exactly the same in Canada and Australia. She is The Queen of Australia just as she is The Queen of Canada.

...I think one of the reasons the tours of Canada are longer is that the Queen is also the Queen of Canada.
Maybe you're not aware, but the Queen is also Queen of Australia and occupies the Australian throne. The crown of Australia is an entirely sovereign institution.
Charles & Camillas visit to Canada was very brief, only about 4 days this year.
I was not sighting this year's visit.
I disagree. I think Australia will be their next big tour. Australia is too important to the commonwealth. I don't expect HM and the DoE to be traveling much more and Charles and Camilla are there this year. W&K have done Canada and I think next up is Australia.
When one considers the possibility that they will likely start trying for a family sooner rather than later, I just don't see a visit very likely in the coming years. Unless they do a 'Charles and Diana' and make a trip to Australia their first tour as a family.

Catherine has either lost weight or lost water weight since the start of the trip. Remember how many of us thought she looked puffy on day one? Well she is back to her athletic self.
It is harder to say with William. I wish he would let loose and buy some new suits as a reward for a job well done, but alas, I think his frugal self will not allow this. Maybe TRF can start a campaign to send him more ties. I can dream, can't I?
The next time the Daily Mail kvetches about the cost of Catherine's wardrobe, I want them to add a sidebar on how frugal William and Harry are relative to their dad. Not that I think the Prince of Wales is extravagant, but that he suffers by the comparison. LOL
This has been a great trip. I loved every moment (even THOSE moments) and I hope their Royal Highness-es did as well. Job well done!

The Queens position in Australia is exactly the same in Canada and Australia. She is The Queen of Australia just as she is The Queen of Canada.

I am surprised by that. Good to learn something. Thanks!

Maybe you're not aware, but the Queen is also Queen of Australia and occupies the Australian throne. The crown of Australia is an entirely sovereign institution.
I am surprised by this - but good to learn something. My (really, really cursory) research indicated a different relationship - but I am, by no means, an expert on the topic.

Thanks for the info :)

I thought these 2 quotes from my friend were important and that I should post them
Brynnan Honore

Kate was visibly moved when she saw all the preparations for their visit. She said she did get a little emotional when they were carried by the men and saw the Tuvuluans waiting for their arrival. I do not believe the DoC realizes just how many lives and hearts she has touched in the year that she has been in the role. I believe it hit her yesterday. Catherine has left her footprints in the sand of time.

Brynnan Honore

According to the progamme, they'll be making an appearance at 8:10 am. (It is after 5:30 am.) The plane to Brisbane will depart at 9 am, if there are no delays like yesterday from Marau to Honiara. Change of planes in Brisbane, and that will be a wrap for TRH. About to get a nap in. This is about to be the longest day of traveling. A spa day is in order. Later.

These are very beautiful and true as well. Thank you for sharing them, and for all your hard work on keeping us updated :flowers:. Go and sleep. You deserve and need it.

Those 2 have some slick dance moves!

The visit to the primary school- Oh please, melt me!:wub:

I can't comment on the moves, because my Internet won't let me do much (took hours just to get to this), but the primary school :wub:, there are no words (but we know that none are needed). There's a part of me that wishes for William and Catherine to undertake a cause of fighting for orphans with special needs in Eastern Europe, Africa, and other impoverished areas of the globe. I can just imagine how much sunshine and love they'd bring to the children that more often than not are familiar with only abuse and maltreatment (though I have a feeling if they visited one of those h*** holes [can't call those orphanages anything else really]), they'd have a hard time keeping their emotions in check (and I was moved by Catherine's genuine tears of gratitude when she saw all the people that came to see her and William), or leave without wanting to take all those kids home to Wales (or Kensington Palace [and I'm well aware that adoption is not an option for them, but still]). Overall, it has been a great tour; a week where these two huan beings got to touch hearts of millions, whether in person, or through media. I know that my respect and admiration for them grew by a million-fold. I'm waiting with excitement to see what they'll do next, because whatever it will be, it will be amazing and worth the short amounts of sleep, and children asking if you're 'friends' with the prince and princess because you have their picture on your iPad :D.

Madame Royale said:
When one considers the possibility that they will likely start trying for a family sooner rather than later, I just don't see a visit very likely in the coming years. Unless they do a 'Charles and Diana' and make a trip to Australia their first tour as a family.

That's exactly what I expect. :)

I thought the dancing was amusing. Made me laugh. Wiliam is definately not Harry when it comes to dancing but it was cute. It seems Catherine was more at ease and willing to take on the moves. She would make a beautiful hula dancer here in Hawaii. Loosen her up a little, teach her the basics and she would be pretty good. I enjoyed the fact that they looked so happy and relaxed especially given the circumstances. I loved seeing them smile and laugh. All in all I think it was a successful tour and they did great! No reason not to be super proud of them.

Kelly Mathews ‏@allthingsregal Video: Will & #Kate land in Brisbane Channel Nine: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8535229/will-and-kate-to-land-in-brisbane #royaltour

Updated article with pics from today
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-tribal-dance-royal-tour-South-Pacific.html

Here''s an update from my friend
Brynnan Honore

Kate has changed into something more comfortable.

My friend was right here they are leaving Brisbane and going home to the UK. Though my friend says the flight is heading towards Changi again so she wouldn't be surprised if we get another quick sighting but don't quote her on that.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/19/article-2204827-151657B9000005DC-630_306x423.jpg
More pics here:http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/royal-surprise-in-brisbane-as.html?spref=tw

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor #royal Before boarding flight to Australia for transit to back to UK Will & Kate given gifts of model canoes & model Tuvalu village.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor #RoyalVisit Will & Kate remained airside at Brisbane Airport before changing planes for long haul back to UK.

For the record the plane isn't set to arrive in the UK until Thursday

Ook now I'm finally going to bed(lol!!!! maybe!)

Catherine has either lost weight or lost water weight since the start of the trip. Remember how many of us thought she looked puffy on day one? Well she is back to her athletic self.
It is harder to say with William. I wish he would let loose and buy some new suits as a reward for a job well done, but alas, I think his frugal self will not allow this. Maybe TRF can start a campaign to send him more ties. I can dream, can't I?
The next time the Daily Mail kvetches about the cost of Catherine's wardrobe, I want them to add a sidebar on how frugal William and Harry are relative to their dad. Not that I think the Prince of Wales is extravagant, but that he suffers by the comparison. LOL
This has been a great trip. I loved every moment (even THOSE moments) and I hope their Royal Highness-es did as well. Job well done!
If you are not used to travelling across time zones and are having a hard time with jetlag then getting any sleep could be a challenge. Her puffy face looked like it could be from sleeping pills and forced sleep. She certainly looks much better the last few days.

Australia could very well be there next big tour. I would love for them to come and tour the United States. Nice welcoming ceremony at the White House with President & Mrs Obama. I know they will most likely want to take some time to start a family first though.

I would love for them to come and tour the United States

They have already made an official visit to the United States, be it with no luncheon at the White House. Quite sufficient for the time being I should think whilst there are Commonwealth countries with a direct link to the institution of monarchy through their respective constitutions yet awaiting their first visit by the couple.

Why doesn't she have her hems weighted?? She had a much worse fly up on her honeymoon tour so she knows how that can happen!

LaRae

I wish she would contact princess Mary and get help with her clothing!!!!!Her choices and especially shoe choices are horrible..... and worst is her b....y hair. Only time it looks any good is when it's up. Not a fan of Kate at all

^I hope she does not. Everyone has there own personal style and personal taste, no needs to try to change them. Even if one doesn't like them.

I'm a guy and don't cast as critical an eye to fashion as maybe some others do and to each their own but IMO the Duchess of Cambridge always and I mean always looks on point for her public engagements.
I am biased I guessed but I think HRH is the most beautiful princess in Europe and again IMO doesn't need to take fashion tips from anyone.

IMO, the Duchess of Cambridge has a more natural 'look' than CPM. Mary looks a little too 'polished' for my tastes but that's just me.

Last edited:
A big thanks to everyone who have been posting updates and photos from their tour. This forum really has a dedicated group of people on here.
Can't wait until the next fabulous adventure of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!

This problem with Kate's skirts becomes a stupid problem. She sould definitely PUT WEIGHTS to her skirts, as the Queen does!!

That hasn't stopped the Queen being caught out by gusts of wind from time to time. A strong enough gust is going to lift a skirt no matter what weights are in it.

susiewong said:

I wish she would contact princess Mary and get help with her clothing!!!!!Her choices and especially shoe choices are horrible..... and worst is her b....y hair. Only time it looks any good is when it's up. Not a fan of Kate at all

You mean Kate should contact Mary's stylists? Mary has staff to source and purchase outfits for her, Kate does not. Although in saying that, I don't personally feel Kate should be following Mary's lead sartorially; Mary's a decade older than her. Kate's doing perfectly well so far on her own.

Kate has rhythm! She looked like a natural or had been rehearsed dancing in her grass skirt. She seemed to get the hand movements beautifully!! William seems to have inheirited his father's dancing gene, but points for trying.
What a smash hit tour! HM should be very proud of them both, Kate seems to have relaxed into her role and let her best qualities come through. thanks to all for posting!

Back
Top Bottom