The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2011, 06:24 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Singapore, the Solomon Islands, & Tuvalu 9/2012

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit
Singapore, the Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu
in 2012 to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Singapore: Tuesday 11th - Thursday 13th September
Solomon Islands: Sunday 16th - Tuesday 18th September
Tuvalu: Tuesday 18th - Wednesday 19th September

Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The portion of the trip in Malaysia will be discussed in a thread in the Malaysia subforum.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William & Kate visit confirmed for September

I love that we're getting so many appearances confirmed lately.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

From the Clarence House Twitter:

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Singapore from Tuesday 11th until Thursday 13th September
Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Solomon Islands from Sunday 16th until Tuesday 18th September
Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Tuvalu from Tuesday 18th until Wednesday 19th September
Old 08-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Majesty

This will probably need to be moved to the thread dealing with the upcoming tour:

Diamond Jubilee: William and Kate gear up for a royal tour of Asia and the South Pacific - hellomagazine.com

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Courtier

probably should be moved to the Tour thread... but for now

Duke of Cambridge to complete tour planned by Princess Diana - Telegraph
Old 08-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

This has the potential to be a really amazing tour. It'll be interesting to see William and Kate carried shoulder high when they arrive on the Solomon Islands.

This will be the most incredible marketing opportunity for these tiny little islands. Most people have never heard of them, but they'll be in the news all over the world during the visit. I hope they have strategies in place to take advantage of the kind of opportunity that most tiny nations can only dream of.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Courtier

I hate the implications of this article - private hairdresser, private plane and honeymoon night at 5 star resort

then you read on, hairdresser - necessary and paid for by POW office, plane - only way to get to remote parts of tour, 5 star resort night - gift of govt to promote tourism... but good to get more info

i think this is going to be a fabulously beautiful tour

A paradise for Kate Middleton: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to tour exotic East | Mail Online
Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Nobility

Hi all, I am from Singapore and am very excited about the upcoming trip of William and Catherine to my country. Does anyone know where can I get the detailed program like date and time of their visit? As usual, we only knew about the places they are visiting but the timings are not made known to us, Will take leave from work to go and see them so any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Courtier

A paradise for Kate Middleton: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to tour exotic East | Mail Online
Old 08-31-2012, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Exact times probably won't be released until the day before, we have a daily plan in the specific threads but no times.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm
Hi all, I am from Singapore and am very excited about the upcoming trip...
Wow, you are so lucky. When you do see them try to take some pictures and share them with us here on the forums. We would love to share your experience. Have fun and hopefully you get to not only take pictures but maybe meet them at some point. Good luck! :)
Old 08-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

If you want to read more details of the trip to South Asia- on the prince of wales homepage - www.princeofwales.gov.uk in the right hand side under the heading FOCUS, there is a picture of Will & Kate, the article is Jamie Lowter Pinkerton press briefing with the media for the tour. It say what they are doing each day. The schedule is pretty full. A lot state dinners and diplomatic stuff that we didn't see in Canada. James the hairdresser that did her hair for the wedding went on the Canadian tour last year. Kate will definately need one with more formal events on this tour.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Gentry

Very comprehensive and took me some time to finish reading it. It seems that there is a lot of focus on conservation and environment. Love the fact that William is into conservation (thumbs up). I hope that they have the chance to see the wild orang utans, they are amazing creatures.

And I like the part where they emphasize how cost minimizing they are for the trip but no doubt where the press will be focusing their attention on...
Old 09-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

The Duchess of Cambridge's Upcoming Meeting with Women's Organizations in the Solomon Islands has the potential to improve the status of women in this commonwealth nation.

The Importance of the Duchess of Cambridge’s Upcoming Meeting with Women’s Groups in the Solomon Islands | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 09-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Moderator Emeritus

How you can see The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Singapore

Members of the public who wish to see Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during their visit to Singapore may do so on Wednesday 12 September at 10 am in the Super Tree Grove at Gardens by the Bay.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's going to be an interesting tour, sartorially speaking. Lots of tropical weather, travelling through rainforests and between islands on interesting modes of transport including a canoe. It's going to be difficult for Kate to plan her outfits. I reckon we'll see some more trousers than we're used to seeing on Kate. What do you guys think?
Old 09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
It's going to be an interesting tour, sartorially speaking. Lots of tropical weather, travelling through rainforests and between islands on interesting modes of transport including a canoe. It's going to be difficult for Kate to plan her outfits. I reckon we'll see some more trousers than we're used to seeing on Kate. What do you guys think?
Personally, I don't think we'll see her in trousers at all. Although I am very illiterate about that area of the world, it doesn't strike me as a culture where women in official capacity would wear anything less than a dress or skirt. Perhaps someone here knows more than I and can inform us?
Old 09-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not too sure either, Osipi, although I'd assume that in the Pacific islands they're a bit more laid back and informal, kind of like when Harry was in the Caribbean where he was fairly casual during the day but wore black tie for the official dinners etc. Will and Kate will be eating outside at least once, am I right?

I just felt that, if you're climbing in and out of canoes or being carried shoulder-high trousers might be a safer way to go?
Old 09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
At the wildlife preserve, definitely. One of the tabs also talked about a traditional island feast at which their highness-es would wear grass skirts? Really?
In general, I still expect tailored dresses for the day occasions. The Duchess rarely puts a foot wrong in these lovely if safe choices.

I wonder what we will see the Prince in ()? Maybe we can guess the number of day occasions we don't see him in a navy suit coat with red or blue tie.