Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Singapore, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu - 9/2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are we expecting the Duchess to wear a tiara this evening?

I suspect we are all expecting her to wear a tiara, but the chances of her wearing one are extremely slim.

If I member correctly the palace confirmed a few days ago that Kate will be wearing royal jewels though no mention of exactly what

Kate's homage to the East as she arrives in Singapore wearing kimono-style dress | Mail Online

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail And another one of the duke and Duchess of Cambridge http://pic.twitter.com/9fGTFpIV

pic.twitter.com/DYa3IV7E

Patricia Watts @ APP ‏@APP_Editor First photos of the #royaltour of #Singapore are up at Splash and they are fantastic! Great work @JWhatling those yellow flowers were huge!

Last edited:
It is likely we'll see a tiara in Malaysia and not tonight. I'll be hugely surprised.

I think they will stay at one of the Presidential suites
Luxury Hotel Singapore | Presidential Suites | Raffles Hotel Singapore

Victoria Murphy@QueenVicMirrorPrince William and Kate arrived at the Istana to meet the President of Singapore

georgina brewer@Georginaitv
Her Royal Highness is wearing a dress by Singaporean-born designer Prabul Gurung

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
William and Kate are here at the Istana to meet the president and PM after viewing a guard of honour. William will make a speech at a dinner

Kate Debate@RoyalKateDebate
Apparently purple and white dress- i knew shed go for purple!

OMG such a beautiful dress!
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/status/245469906487881728/photo/1

http://www.brownsfashion.com/Produc...rinted_wool-silk_dress/product.aspx?p=3612576

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/oer3kugj Shared by RE_DailyMail

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/status/245472075349889026/photo/1

Catherine The Duchess Of Cambridge Smiles As

video
Video: Diamond Jubilee tour: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Singapore - Telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:
That orchid named after William and Kate is just stunning; so much nicer than the one named after Diana tbh.

Certainly not a tiara occasion. Lovely dress, though, really interesting pattern and a nod to Singaporean fashion.

Given the fact that they virtually stepped off the plane and straight into engagements I'm not surprised that it is a, relatively, non formal dinner. Uniforms, medals or evening wear take time (and that's just for William). Tiara hair, makeup formal dress, jewels & a tiara would take even more time. I would suspect that the tiara (if at all) will be worn in Kuala Lumpaur

Did not manage to take any photo at the Botanic Garden as they were there for only 20 mins and we were not allowed into Burkhill Hall where they named the Orchid. Could only catch the them in the car drive past. We then decided to proceed to Raffles Hotel to catch them going to the dinner.

I took a video which shows them coming out of the hotel to the car. Can I just post the video directly or should I post it somewhere?

I think there's no problem posting the video directly, I'd love to see it:flowers:

wonderful video!! she waved at you!! thanks so much for sharing it with us!!:flowers:

What a great video! I love that she waved at you!!! How lucky you are.

Something looks different to me about Kate. Does it look like she put on some weight? Or maybe it is her hair the way it is styled? I think maybe she put on some weight for this tour. Her face looks fuller right? Either way she is still lovely I liked the 2 dresses so far.

I felt terrible reading about William saying it is a shame about his mother never seeing the flower. So sad.

Can't wait to see more pics!

She looks unflated not that she uts some weight but really unflated!!! Maybe because of the flight!her face is really fuller!!!

My question is, how come they do not look tired?! Honestly, if I fly to Spain which is only 3 hours I am exhausted! They have flown to Singapore which is a completely different timezone, yet neither of them look tired. I understand they have other people to carry their luggage, book them into their flight etc. and they likely fly first/business class, but still. Travelling is a tiring thing.

Anyway, I like her hairstyle when they named the Orchid, however was not a fan of the dress. I love William in his suit, men can never go wrong with a suit.

No doubt they are being hounded by press everywhere they go. I cannot imagine how tiring that must also feel too. I do hope they enjoy their tour as every other family member has seemed to enjoy theirs, particularly Harry!

Will, i'm guessing that they got some sleep on the plane.

She looks unflated not that she uts some weight but really unflated!!! Maybe because of the flight!her face is really fuller!!!

I think water retention is one of the things that happens with air travel. :ermm:

The blog, What Kate Wore at What Kate Wore has a great bit at the bottom of post " Kate Gives a Nod...State Dinner." It gives links to all kinds of coverage and also lists the times for tomorrow's activities. Thanks to them for all the organization.

kate look perfect and soo beatuful! It's great see william and kate with diana's flower!

maybe she is just a little puffy and bloated after being on an airplane for 12+ hours. I cant imagine landing and having to pull off that kind of a look. I think she looked great - but there were a few angles that she looked a little fuller. I expect after a good night rest, she will be back to normal.

I love Catherine's look when they were visiting the botanical gardens! The dress was gorgeous and she really should wear her hair like that more often (partially pulled back).

Can't wait to see more!

I dont get what the big deal is. She might not be a person who likes to drink or likes wine.
For such a long flight and straight to work, they look good, really good.

There is also a photo of her with a glass of white wine. I don't see the significance of either tbh.

Duchess of Durham said:
Thank you for sharing your video, I'm so impressed with how close you were able to get to TRHs and how clear your video is. :):flowers:

Haha all thanks to my Samsung S3 mobile phone!!

Yes we were. The Raffles Hotel and British High Comm staff were very friendly. The British High Comm staff even came and ask if we have anything we will like to pass to the royal couple. They asked the press to stand at the opposite side of the barricade so that they do not block our view.

Looking forward to the 2nd day of programme. Hopefully could get a good shot or video again. :)

Last edited:
There is, of course, a simple way to avoid the speculation. One just raises the wine to one's lips for a toast. There is no need to gulp the wine. Given jet lag, alcohol avoidance is recommended in any case.

Well the only reason why the press is making a big deal about Catherine's drink is because the media is looking out for the first signs of pregnancy. They are going to continue to do that until a baby announcement officially comes.

Perhaps she was tired and mistook the water for white wine?:cool::D

Catherine looks fuller in the face indeed - especially the cheeks. And she was drinking only water.
I assume she is pregnant, but they will wait for after the journey to announce it. So possibly a new little heir for Britian in March or April. :)

Back
Top Bottom