The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They have just set off apparently, no pictures as it was 'private'.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Gentry

We live in Singapore but I won't have an opportunity to see Their Royal Highnesses.

My wife will be tracking them like a bloodhound, I suspect.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Majesty

Now I wonder if there will be any media coverage of their arrival in Singapore? I mean video coverage.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just checked - channelnewsasia.com - Photo Gallery is the MediaCorp photo home page (video links also there). I am sure they will have coverage.
ABC in Australia is at: channelnewsasia.com - Photo Gallery. I checked and a quick "Duchess of Cambridge" search returned no itinerary -but they do cover Asia reasonably well. (as does the BBC, for that matter).
I'm looking forward to waking up and checking Getty and Zimbio - since with the 12 hour difference in TZ, photos should be loaded by the time I hit it for the day.

I think this leg of the trip is on Commercial airlines, yes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz_Voz View Post
We live in Singapore but I won't have an opportunity to see Their Royal Highnesses.
My wife will be tracking them like a bloodhound, I suspect.
Her opportunities may be sparse: UK in Singapore - Singapore, Singapore - Government Organization | Facebook says only one good opportunity for the public to peep!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

I would think there would be more trousers for this trip. I just cant see Catherine walking around in dresses especially hiking in a rain forest. I thought I saw something about having to wear protective clothing for leeches? Sorry but I dont see a dress ocassion there. I would suppose the palace has taken into consideration everything they will be doing and have chosen a wardrobe suitable for all the events. I would think Catherine has taken everything into consideration as well and has made some decisions on what to wear. Im just hoping there will be a tiara event somewhere on this tour. :)
Old 09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi

Personally, I don't think we'll see her in trousers at all. Although I am very illiterate about that area of the world, it doesn't strike me as a culture where women in official capacity would wear anything less than a dress or skirt. Perhaps someone here knows more than I and can inform us?
I am from Singapore where William & Kate will be visiting. Trouser for ladies is a quite the norm office wear here except for those working in hotel frontline. Can't wait to see them, i have took 2 days leave away from work to see them for today and tomorrow!! :)
Old 09-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
I am from Singapore where William & Kate will be visiting. Trouser for ladies is a quite the norm office wear here except for those working in hotel frontline. Can't wait to see them, i have took 2 days leave away from work to see them for today and tomorrow!! :)
Happy hunting - we'll await your posts!
Old 09-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Nobility

Can't wait to see them in Singapore in another 13 hours time where they will be at Botanic Garden to view a Orchid (our National flower) named after Diana!!! I took 2 days off work so will be at 3 locations today and tomorrow to see them!!! Getting excited !!

Anyone in this forum who is from Singapore wanted to meet-up at these locations??
Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS

Happy hunting - we'll await your posts!
Will do. Praying hard that I will have some good shots of them.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Cute blog from the Mirror... William and Kate tour 2012 diary: A very royal welcome in Singapore - and that's just for me - Victoria Murphy - Mirror Online
Old 09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, if they left around midday UK time, and the flight takes 12.5hrs, they should be in Singapore around 00:30 UK time which is 07:30 in Singapore. Have I got they right? I'm seriously crap with timezones.

I must have this wrong as Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton said they'd arrive in Singapore 'mid-afternoon'. Or maybe they're going to sleep before they do their first engagement?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Depends if it's a non stop flight or not. I've done Heathrow to Singapore and stopped in Dubai and also stopped in Malaysia to fly down to Singapore.

You got the timing right EIIR.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Nobility

No, they will arrive in Singapore time at 2pm (now is 3.15am in Singapore) and proceed to their first event at 3.15pm (Singapore time) and a official dinner at Istana at 6.20pm (Singapore time)
Old 09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Here's a programme pictorial of their visit in Singapore
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1362766702.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	286487  
Old 09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
No, they will arrive in Singapore time at 2pm (now is 3.15am in Singapore) and proceed to their first event at 3.15pm (Singapore time) and a official dinner at Istana at 6.20pm (Singapore time)
I hope jet lag doesn't smack them in the face. I have been affected by jet lag in really bad ways both times I've flown from eastern US to northern Japan.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Courtier

a direct flight on Britsh Airways takes off at 8pm in London and arrives at 4pm in Singapore. So.... if they are landing on 2pm, then they must have taken off around 6pm. if they left earlier in the day - then maybe they have a layover?

there is a direct flight on Singapore Airlines (maybe the Singapore govt paid for) that left at 6:30pm and lands in Singapore at 2:20pm.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Nobility

It seems that 2 pm 9/11 Singapore is 11pm 9/10 my time (west Coast US) so they are 15 hours ahead of my time.
And 2pm Singapore is 7 am United Kingdom time, so 7 hours ahead of those in Britain.
Here's a handy little calculator
Singapore Time Zone Converter Difference Calculator
Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sorry but leaving the UK at midday and arriving 2pm in Singapore the following day, is impossible without a stopover of some kind. I imagine, they stop somewhere, sleep/rest and arrive in Singapore tomorrow at 2.
Doing an engagement that close to arriving is ridiculous, the should have left yesterday.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

UK times for Day 1
Quote:
Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate Uk tour times. Day 1. Arrive: 7am, botanic gdns: 8.15am, state dinner: 11.20am.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say, I always found it so much easier in terms of jet lag when I flew west to the US from the UK, than when flying east to come home again. I never had any problem when visiting the US east coast, but flying back home the jet lag is so annoying. Suppose it doesn't help that I just can not sleep on aeroplanes, no matter what I do.

As you'd expect, preparations are well under way for the visit of TRH to Singapore. Here you can see the orchid named after Diana, which William and Kate will see at the Singapore Orchid Garden.