The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

I much prefer your holiday, thank you!
I think royal tour holiday is an oxymoron.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
The best holidays ever!
You remind me of those who tell me 'Wow, you're so lucky to be teaching pre-school and have a bunch of disabled kids in your class' when they hear that I'm a special ed. teacher. They assume it's like babysitting, especially if there are children with any sort of exceptionalities in one's classroom. However, it's far from babysitting. I'm actually TEACHING these children skills they'll need to have before they move on to primary grades. My students with special needs have certain goals they have to meet, and it's my responsibility to make sure that they do so. Now, you think that the Cambridges' tour is a holiday? Well, I have no idea what type of holidays you take, but I bet they don't involve the press around you twenty-four-seven, a bunch of security, constant briefings on whom you're meeting, why you're meeting him/her/them, what the situation is like, what is considered 'appropriate', what you're expected to eat/say/observe/enjoy. I could go on, but I won't, because the list I've compiled makes me want to shut down and take an anti-anxiety pill. The point is, that they're NOT on a holiday, because even if they're visiting a beautiful and exotic place, they really can't enjoy it as much as they would have, if they had a SAY in what they actually saw, ate, participated in, not to mention whom they socialized (or not socialized) with. Your view is so skewed, that you're creating a fairy take where one doesn't exist. It's work, plain and simple, and just because YOU don't see it as such, doesn't make it less demanding, or diminish its' value. They're celebrating Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee, so that alone implies that they'll be there as representatives of the Crown, and not as spectators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PssKatie View Post
These tours seem to me to be the furthest thing away from a holiday. Yes, sometimes they go to beautiful places and stay in nice hotels, but the whole essence of a holiday is being able to lounge around, do whatever you please and not having to answer to anyone else like when at work. That's not what this trip entails.
Amen to that!

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

World Vision USA ‏@WorldVisionUSA Prince William and Duchess Kate visited a World Vision piggery today. Yes, a piggery. http://bit.ly/PlIe4E
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royaltour Looks as if #Kate has been given a local fan to keep cool in the Solomon Islands heat http://pic.twitter.com/DPvZea0r

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royaltour More of my pics from Honiara Airport of #William and #Kate http://pic.twitter.com/6QkrEnmM

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #William and #Kate prepare to depart Honiara Airport for Tuvala http://pic.twitter.com/iMWgGafI

"St James’ Palace tells us at Honiara Airport that last night #William and #Kate went snorkelling in the rain together."
via @SkyNewsRoyal
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royaltour my pictures of #William and #Kate as they arrive back from Tavanipupu pic.twitter.com/GdwJHJwt

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royaltour #William and #Kate will be staying in the apartment of an Australian Naval officer who's on leave, when they arrive in Tuvala

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty Prince William and Kate have left the Solomon Islands for the tiny Pacific Island of Tuvalu, I'm heading home from here - Great tour!

Wills and Kate are due to arrive in 2.5 hours from now.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Majesty

Thank you for these! I love that they went snorkelling . Good to kick back and relax, even during an official tour.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Majesty

Now they are about to embark on the final leg of their Jubilee Tour. Can't wait for the pictures.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they should be landing at around 8/9pm PST maybe sooner.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Gentry

I don't know I feel sorry for kate should most likely feels like a Manikin put on display for the whole world to see.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Picture gallery from today

Getty Images - Search: September 18, 2012 duke and duchess
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals Picture: William and Kate arrive in Tuvalu (thanks, @liltinglimes)... http://po.st/0jujOw - po.st/0jujOw
WhatKateWore.com ‏@WhatKateWore Kate keeps yellow frock for Tuvalu arrival, dress detailed in today's post: http://bit.ly/K8Sept18b
eviere ‏@eviere_afe Malo Tuvalu mo faiga mea . #kate #william #royaltour #Tuvalu http://pic.twitter.com/nLYyaLOo
eviere ‏@eviere_afe
#TuvaluMoTeAtua #royaltour #Tuvalu #kate #william

So up next
The couple will visit the primary school and university campus in Funafuti island. The couple will view demonstrations of crafts and cooking. In the evening William and Kate will attend an official dinner hosted by the Governor-General.

Duchess Kate: William and Kate Carried In Multi-Coloured Thrones in Unforgettable Tuvalu Visit

British Royals ‏@britishroyals Prince William & Kate are carried on thrones as thousands greet them in Tuvalu + info on their lovely evening... http://bit.ly/PmRfuk

This was posted on fb about an hour ago from someone who is there
Brynnan Kristinia There's canoe racing, planting of coconut trees, a state dinner, tour of the local schools, and it goes on for the next few hours. They won't be retiring until after 9 PM if it goes according to schedule. Please remember that the tour time is increasing by a new hour as we are in another time zone. It's now after 4 PM. I'll be keeping you ladies posted!

I can tell you that the couple has now retired back to their hotel for the afternoon and will next be seen at dinner time which is scheduled for 6:15pm

Photo from the meeting with the press from yesterday
Bob Woodruff ‏@BobWoodruff In my conversation w/ Kate Duchess of Cambridge I did not ask her anything about this scandal-She doesn't deserve it http://pic.twitter.com/vpO6Z5XC

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Will and Kate's romantic meal in the rain. express.co.uk/posts/view/346…

I cannot find any pics from this afternoon and tonight so I'm heading to bed I can't wait any longer
Old 09-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are carried on thrones as thousands greet them in Tuvalu on latest leg of South Pacific tour

Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are carried on thrones as thousands greet them in Tuvalu on latest leg of South Pacific tour | Mail Online
Old 09-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Heir Apparent

well, they seem to have been snorkeling yesterday, on a desertes island the day before... while in canada, they got some time off in a hut in the forest if i well remember. i doubt many senior businessmen get to do that on their official trips out. :)
in any case, can we not just let the rest of the people express themselves? that's why we are all here for, or maybe i got this place confused!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Majesty

That is one beautiful welcome. Can't wait to see more pictures and video.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
well, they seem to have been snorkeling yesterday, on a desertes island the day before... while in canada, they got some time off in a hut in the forest if i well remember. i doubt many senior businessmen get to do that on their official trips out. :)
in any case, can we not just let the rest of the people express themselves? that's why we are all here for, or maybe i got this place confused!
And on the eighth day they got an evening off. After the private press reception which was not on an itineraries. They had a private dinner and did some snorkeling before retiring ....and then they got up and started all over again.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Heir Apparent

ok so the dinner has begun no pics yet but someone who I know is currently at the dinner so I can confirm it has begun. I assume we'll get pics from the dinner and the rest of the day later on
Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
And on the eighth day they got an evening off. After the private press reception which was not on an itineraries. They had a private dinner and did some snorkeling before retiring ....and then they got up and started all over again.
It's nice that they manage to get some off time which isnt really off time. A dinner and a few hours is better than nothing. I didnt expect them to have such a packed agenda at the island, there is really very little one can do.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Aristocracy

Some gorgeous pics of Kate's outfits thus far
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world...=gallery&ino=1
Old 09-18-2012, 03:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess carried on thrones in Tuvalu - Telegraph
Old 09-18-2012, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Britain's Prince William (L) looks on as his wife Catherine (R), the Duchess of Cambridge, receives a gift of traditional Tuvaluan fans from the students at the Tuvalu Campus of the University of the South Pacific during their visit to Funafuti on September 18, 2012.

ImageBam
Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Pics from dinner are coming in less then an hr according to Rebecca from DM
Old 09-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Pics from dinner are coming in less then an hr according to Rebecca from DM
Has anyone hinted what Kate might be wearing?