Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Los Angeles, California - July 8-10, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His Speech
#royaltour #LA Duke "As a keen polo player, it’s also an honour for me to celebrate with you this famous Club’s one hundredth birthday."

#royaltour #LA William "My father, Prince of Wales, and my brother, Harry, were as green as that grass outside when I told them I’d be here"

#royaltour #LA William "Catherine and I have had a busy few days - so prospect of being able to let loose this afternoon is wonderful for"

SPerryPeoplemag Simon Perry

William: "Sport helps young people to find purpose in life" – a key element to Foundation that "Catherine, Harry and I have established."

#royaltour #LA William "polo or football, sorry I mean soccer - sport helps young people to find purpose in life"

SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison

#royaltour #LA William "We are focusing on helping military veterans and, following my father’s example, working on sustainable development.

SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison

#royaltour #LA William "Thank you Tiffany’s for the beautiful Foundation Cup, which I'll be picking up later." Duke taps into corporate US
Also they are now changing the William and Harry foundation name to include Catherine's name

Last edited:
What is up with all these D listers? Jennifer Love Hewitt? Molly Sims? Look at their dresses! :lol:

These chicks don't know the meaning of classy.

I guess they wanted to wear something that was more 'in' than classy (then again, I don't know what's 'in' right now). Maybe they didn't get the memo on proper attire.

Catherine can teach them a thing or two about looking proper, fashionable and attractive without dressing like a well, hoochie.

Last edited:
Is it just me or do they look really happy? Im so excited that this marriage will actually work and there doesnt seem to be any play acting going on. I think Catherine has done an awesome job as a new royal. She has a great sense of style and you wouldnt think she wasnt born royal. She is elegant and graceful and more than I could have imagined she would be. Im truly happy for them. :flowers:

His Speech

Also they are now changing the William and Harry foundation name to include Catherine's name
Can I just say how much I love that he includes Kate in every single one of his speeches? She doesn't have anything to do with polo but he still managed to include her. :) Too damn sweet!

KABC live stream is not working. I am so disappointed!

Last edited:
^Thanks for the live stream for the Bafta event. I'm disappointed that none of the live feeds are working for the polo event. I hope one of them gets up and running in time for the game and trophy presentation.

I love this dress, it has to be one of my favorites so far on this trip.
One of my favorites too - this dress is superb.

On Sky News they've just said the the match is not due to start for about another half an hour or so. Let's hope they're just waiting for that, I'd assume they're not allowed to have the live cameras film the dinner so there's probably not much to show outside at the moment.

It looks like the $4,000 seats are nearly empty. Anyone notice the grandstands?

Prince William's team won!!! Did Team Audi throw the game? :lol:

Wow, Wills is a hunk!!! :wub::wub: Kate looks stunning, and I seriously want her shoes!!!!!

I wish she would do something with her hair, though. She's always pawing at it, grabbing it and trying to manage it.

Oh no - the CBS feed cut out right before the trophy presentation!!!!

He certainly worked for every point. I am impressed with his riding skills. He looked so elegant compared to the other players. :flowers:

My guess (hope) is that it will come back right before the trophy presentation.

OMG! We're missing the trophy presentation.

There is a note on the abc feed that the live stream will go down for a few minutes after the match finishes, they will then be set up for the presentation. So here's hoping :)

My friend was joking about that. I've never seen a polo match before, so this was rather entertaining.

Did anyone else catch the commentator referring to Will as 'Prince Charles' twice? Once when he scored his second goal and then right after when he was trying to get the ball again. I thought that was rather priceless.

I'm foaming at the mouth *fume*. Where is this being televisied???? Anywhere?

My friend was joking about that. I've never seen a polo match before, so this was rather entertaining.

Did anyone else catch the commentator referring to Will as 'Prince Charles' twice? Once when he scored his second goal and then right after when he was trying to get the ball again. I thought that was rather priceless.
Yes I did - but I wondered if I was hearing things! Too funny!

The ABC news guy totally doesn't know he's being recorded!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

He said, "we never hear from his wife [Catherine.]" And he was saying the other team threw the game or had to since they were so good and Wills has only played 5 times this year. I love this stuff.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=8239970

Do we think ABC is going to come back????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom