Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Los Angeles, California - July 8-10, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William & Kate: The Talk of Tinseltown

By Rennie Dyball
Thursday July 14, 2011 12:30 PM EDT

Prince William, Kate Middleton Quotes From Los Angeles : People.com
The fact that everyone speaks about Kate in glowing terms is a testament to the kind of person she is. William did good!

Kate, Quoted

"Everything you want to buy on TV is a helicopter or a fancy car" – to William, after he learned about software that allows users to buy items straight off TV

Typical guy!

William, Quoted
"Your painting is better than mine!" – to Kate, regarding her questionable rendering of a snail :lol:

Did he actually admit she's better than him? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The fact that everyone speaks about Kate in glowing terms is a testament to the kind of person she is. William did good!

Kate, Quoted
"Everything you want to buy on TV is a helicopter or a fancy car" – to William, after he learned about software that allows users to buy items straight off TV

Typical guy!

William, Quoted
"Your painting is better than mine!" – to Kate, regarding her questionable rendering of a snail :lol:

Well well well... William asked her what she had painted - wasn't it obvious, Wills, that it is a snail? Or perhaps it is a tortoise, as Catherine herself wasn't even sure. It is a matter of perception, I guess :D

And yes, to me it sounds like William admitting that his wife "defeated" him in that area :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Kate, Quoted

Typical guy!

William, Quoted

This was a fun read. Love that Her Majesty is so up to date on technology. Now, I don't get the fascination with 'Angry Birds' (though in the ads the bird hitting a window is quite comical), but I find it amusing that Wills gets a kick out of that.

Well well well... William asked her what she had painted - wasn't it obvious, Wills, that it is a snail? Or perhaps it is a tortoise, as Catherine herself wasn't even sure. It is a matter of perception, I guess :D

And yes, to me it sounds like William admitting that his wife "defeated" him in that area :ROFLMAO:
Hey Skippy, how're ya?

He was in denial at that point. He knew it was a snail but admitting that would have meant she's better than him so he acted like he didn't know what it was. :lol:

In the end, he had to concede defeat. :ROFLMAO: That must have hurt! :p

Last edited:
This was a fun read. Love that Her Majesty is so up to date on technology. Now, I don't get the fascination with 'Angry Birds' (though in the ads the bird hitting a window is quite comical), but I find it amusing that Wills gets a kick out of that.

If those ads are the same ones I'm thinking of here in the states, they are highly comical and in this day and age, sometimes I think the commercials are far more entertaining than the programs they are sponsoring. What would amuse me the most out of Wills getting such a kick out of something like that is that it actually reflects that these two are very much like any other young marrieds that just enjoy and snuggle up together watching the tube and laughing at the same things we do. :D

If those ads are the same ones I'm thinking of here in the states, they are highly comical and in this day and age, sometimes I think the commercials are far more entertaining than the programs they are sponsoring. What would amuse me the most out of Wills getting such a kick out of something like that is that it actually reflects that these two are very much like any other young marrieds that just enjoy and snuggle up together watching the tube and laughing at the same things we do. :D

Yes, it definitely shows that these two are anything but pretentious. I think it also tells us that Wills is easily amused, and with this age of high tech everything, it's not easy to find people who can appreciate the little and simple things.

As to "appreciating little things" .... I think Wills' mother had something to do with it...

What doc was it that I watched I think it was My Mother Diana and her press secretary was saying how once she took William to a homeless shelter and this guy from off the street came in and William went to hand him some tea and he said "Bah I know you gimme that I want nothing to do with you" and apparently they said it was a real eye opener for William so I def agree I think situations like that allows William to now appreaciate the small subtle things in life. Things that normal people took for granted. And I def think it has also helped him stay grounded and not let his title get to him. I also think that's why these two are so approachable.

I think the Palace has achieved a super result:

A touch of Diana - a newly wed couple - visit to the US and Canada - photogenic - approachable - hands-on - and a harbinger for the Diamond Jubilee!

I love their Tour to USA.Will's speeches (especially one in BAFTA) and Catherine's outfits were amazing.I hope I will see them on another tour soon.

I was lucky to shake the hands of the Duke and Duchess on their last day at the British Crown Consulate's residence on June Street in Hancock Park.(sorry no pics,but I have them on video on my phone.)They came over to us the crowd and they were so beautiful and kind.Their appearance was out of this world.Just a smashing couple.I love them.They brought happiness wherever they went.

I was lucky to shake the hands of the Duke and Duchess on their last day at the British Crown Consulate's residence on June Street in Hancock Park.(sorry no pics,but I have them on video on my phone.)They came over to us the crowd and they were so beautiful and kind.Their appearance was out of this world.Just a smashing couple.I love them.They brought happiness wherever they went.

Thank you for sharing your experience. So glad you were able to meet and greet them.

That's awesome! I saw them the night before at the BAFTA event, but wasn't really up for going to Hancock Park because I figured it would just be a simple wave from the car, similar to their entrance. Needless to say, I was shocked to see live coverage of the Cambridges getting out of the car and shaking hands. So jealous. Congrats on your experience though!

Thank you for sharing your experience. So glad you were able to meet and greet them.
Thank you,they were really lovely.The Duke had the most amazing eyes.Very blue.The Duchess was very beautiful.I was humbled by the experience,because they seemed eager to greet us and thank us for our patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom