Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Los Angeles, California - July 8-10, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha - wow the green really stands out amongst the blue/black suits....

Now if only someone could point Kate to this photo and point that out. Imagine if she was wearing her typical blue or cream number....we'd never spot her!

Apparently KCAL9 now has vid from inside the reception live on tv

Have to catch up with the Will & Kate show tomorrow morning. Hasta la vista. :flowers:

theroyaleditor Robert Jobson

Becks tells Will: “Victoria really wanted to come but she is just so tired at the moment. She sent you both lots of love."

Will told Becks: “Don’t be silly, send her (Victoria) all our love and tell her good luck with it all."

1 minute ago
Aw how sweet

theroyaleditor Robert Jobson

Will told Becks Canada trip was, "an amazing few days." He said he and Kate were "so lucky with all the incredible places" they've been to.

Video from Day 1 http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/98b6acb9-8e9f-4c7a-8f04-070ee9c1dcb2

Last edited:
I have to say I thought today's weather was absolutely radiant. The sunshine was splendid. What a terrific day to arrive for the first time in SoCal. (I am startled that neither of them have been here before! ;) )

I wonder the impact on them both after leaving the coolness and alpine sweetness of the Canadian atmosphere. It was fabulous at the shore - too bad they are not having that experience. I'd advise them to come back privately to really get the feel of the place - if they are so inclined, of course.

I'm in my house in Malibu and I heard the exact same thing. All this noise is not necessary!

Do you know why? What was it about? Is it about tomorrow? I am up high and some of those helicopters were nearly at eye-level. What a clatter! I was wondering if when they left the Beverly Hilton they took the 'long way' back to the Consul's house down Sunset to the PCH - and that's why there was so much commotion right here. It would have been a great drive - the ocean was scintillating. But if it was happening in Malibu, too - what was up?

Last edited:
So exhausted been up since 7am so off to bed now excited for tomorrow night! Night all cya tomorrow for the polo match!

So exhausted been up since 7am so off to bed now excited for tomorrow night! Night all cya tomorrow for the polo match!

I bet! Thanks for all your hard work today and all the great links you provided us with. You deserve a good night's rest! :flowers:

Kate is looking gorgeous as always,the only observation,I was a little disappointed in her dress choice at the arrival in LA,it would have been better if she was dressed in the yellow summery dress she was wearing on her arrival in Calgary.

dazzling said:
She's a California girl! Royal couple touch down in LA with a splash of red, white and blue as America prepares for Kate-mania

Read more: Duchees of Cambridge Kate Middleton lands in Los Angeles as Royal couple start US tour | Mail Online

I wish there was a pic of Sophie and Freddy Windsor too. I also find it hilarious David Beckham wasn't on the list but showed up and they let him in....think they'd just let me in? (jk ;) ) I like Kate's dress a lot....but yes sorta wish shed do something a bit different with her hair but at least it looks nice.....

I don't actually know who Lu Parker is, but someone probably should have given her a quick overview of protocol...she seems uncharacteristically "close" to Catherine. I'm sure Catherine wasn't bothered much by it, but the appearance of the photo make it look like the woman is tugging Catherine into her...

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Again, probably not a big deal by general standards, but it would annoy me to constantly be taking pictures with strangers and having them grip me by the waist. Imagine if everyone did it?

The green of the dress has grown on me. I like the bright pop of color on the Duchess.

I don't actually know who Lu Parker is, but someone probably should have given her a quick overview of protocol...she seems uncharacteristically "close" to Catherine. I'm sure Catherine wasn't bothered much by it, but the appearance of the photo make it look like the woman is tugging Catherine into her...

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Lu Parker is a TV news reporter and the Mayor's girlfriend. After the Mayor's divorce, he hooked up with another Latino tv reporter who failed to disclose her relationship with him all the while reporting on his divorce when she was dating him. :eek: Same thing happened to Lu, she failed to disclose that to KTLA and subsequently resigned in 2009.

Oh, and yeah, pulling the Duchess by the waist to get her closer to you is uber tacky. Maybe she just wanted to feel her waist size!?

ick! I agreee, major hutzpah on part of the mayor's girlfriend there. You can bet it's going on her side table in her home, with the casual," oh , we're such good 'buds', Kat and I...." ick- but I can only bet that's not going to be an isolated incident in LA land!
the Duchess handles it with natural aplomb I have to say....quite the class act she is!

Lu Parker is a TV news reporter and the Mayor's girlfriend. After the Mayor's divorce, he hooked up with another Latino tv reporter who failed to disclose her relationship with him all the while reporting on his divorce when she was dating him. :eek: Same thing happened to Lu, she failed to disclose that to KTLA and subsequently resigned in 2009.

Oh, and yeah, pulling the Duchess by the waist to get her closer to you is uber tacky. Maybe she just wanted to feel her waist size!?

I'm loving all this side dish!

Here is the full schedule for the Polo event

THE FOUNDATION POLO CHALLENGE - July 9th, 2011

The DVF dress looks very comfortable which is a plus, however there are many other designs that are much more exciting, and flattering, IMO. This one is so simple as to be plain and dull, though I am sure Catherine appreciated the comfort aspect at this point in the tour.

ick! I agreee, major hutzpah on part of the mayor's girlfriend there. You can bet it's going on her side table in her home, with the casual," oh , we're such good 'buds', Kat and I...." ick- but I can only bet that's not going to be an isolated incident in LA land!
the Duchess handles it with natural aplomb I have to say....quite the class act she is!

In LA Land. :D Your view is interesting albeit paints the folks here as stereotypes. If it is as you say - which I doubt, but if it is - then the reverse is likely true: William and Kate are eager to get their pictures taken with celebrities, too, and are here to bask in the shine of celebrity-ville. There's a bit of mutual massaging going on here when it comes to that. No one is an 'innocent' I would say. But the LA folks are the hosts and are trying to be warm and welcoming. And if William and Kate are the 'normal, regular folks' people are saying they are, I think they would hardly notice. No 'breach' - they are in another culture - and these are not their 'subjects'.

Just to clarify, because the poor girlfriend of the mayor is getting a bit bashed here. When you are someone accustomed to putting people at their ease - and Californians really are friendly - the gesture (in America-speak, or maybe California-speak) - is one of inclusion and 'affection'. If you look at similar photos in other venues, people have their hands on each other - a hand on the back, or the shoulder, etc. Its just being friendly and putting each other at ease. This woman likely has met and continues to meet people - and has her picture taken with lots of 'important' people.

To me the gesture seems rooted in something else - did she sense that Kate was perhaps tired? Perhaps dazed? The sun yesterday was beautiful but intense - and Americans are a very different kettle of fish from masses of Brits or masses of Canadians. I see the gesture as one of giving assurance - from an older woman to a younger, perhaps, in an 'alien' cultural milieu. If the royals were offended its unfortunate because this is exactly what Americans do - touch. Its a cultural thing - and when in Rome....

Last edited:
Hi all I'm here for hopefully another great day. Found the live links for the polo match!! It says it starts at 3pm but people are already there waiting for Wills and Kate so idk
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=8239970

I bet! Thanks for all your hard work today and all the great links you provided us with. You deserve a good night's rest! :flowers:
No prob~! Got a pretty good night's rest except my friend decided to wake me up as well at 5am cause she couldn't sleep go figure lol oh well I went back to bed afterwards which is good so now I'm ready to go for today's events in LA

Ooh just got word the VIP's have begun lining up at the red carpet at the polo match.

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt

Am on a red carpet in a green field at the Santa Barbara polo field waiting for William and Kate. #royaltour2011

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom