The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Is there still a live feed going? Can someone post a link if so?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Prince William & Kate: Los Angeles Landing! | Kate Middleton, Prince William : Just Jared

Old 07-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Think about how much more attention these companies are getting today just by having Will and Kate sit there for 15 minutes. They did their part. When the host asked if anyone else had anything they were dying to say before they ended, Kate nudged William jokingly, pretty funny.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
As to the content of the conference - the ostensible reason for the Royal couple to be in L.A. is to support British/Commonwealth filmmaking, and raising capital for such ventures is a serious topic.

It isn't all fun and games, being royal. At least the topic is one that William has said is of great interest to him. To me, it would beat going to hospitals or Skid Row, but that's just me.

Those of us who read Variety find the Industry interesting enough, perhaps William will take something away from the meeting about how films actually end up getting made, promoted and finally seen in various venues.

British filmmakers seem far off to Hollywood types, I think, and Variety is trying to close the gap by sponsoring this.
Serious topic for movie making but not serious for most of the public.

While I appreciate your honesty...I would rather see them doing things that affect the "little guy" rather than hobnobbing with celebrities. You are right that at least he is doing something that he is interested in.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

I don't see any celebrities at this conference (the Duke and Duchess will be hobnobbing with them tomorrow night - I think it's unavoidable, given their status; they can't very well go walk up and down Hollywood Blvd). I see hardworking behind the scenes types. And the reason, according to Clarence House is to support "UK Trade and Investment." This particular meeting is trying strategize to get people with money to invest in UK films. This does help the "little people" who are trying to work in film in the UK. That's how the average person in films gets work - from the investment of people in the making of the film. Most people who work in films do not make a lot of money.

This is a working visit, yes? I do not expect Los Angelenos to turn out in crowds to a route that was barely revealed to them in the past few hours.

The Royal couple's itinerary in SoCal is very limited; most of us won't be able to show our enthusiasm (they're 1.5 hours from where I sit right now, but tomorrow they'll be closer).
Old 07-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The live feed will be back up 6:30pm when the royal couple head to Hancock Park

Quote:
BBCPeterHunt 1 min 51 secs ago
"That's amazing, but scary" says William about one innovative product. #royaltour2011 yfrog.com/klj1cbjj
http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Sea...alProduct=News
Old 07-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

..And they sure didn't spend much time there - they're getting ready to roll again. Now they get to drive down Wilshire, which should be fun - and off to Hancock Park.

Pink's Hot Dogs has come up with a special Royal Hotdog (two hotdogs in one bun with mustard, lettuce and cheese, I believe the announcer said).
Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Stream is back up on ABC

ugh I hate having to follow the tour like this oh well better then nothing. I'm assuming then we'll find links for tomorrow's Bafta event as well?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

Cute pic from the inside....

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/118...2240888D7267D3
Old 07-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Aristocracy

Live stream back up again....they're on their way to Hancock Park where they'll be staying

Prince William, Kate arrive in Los Angeles | Los Angeles Local News Live Streams | abc7.com
Old 07-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

This is kinda disturbing um can we leave them alone now to enjoy the reception no need to continue with the helicopter sheesh plus I have to go eat dinner what are they doing to me today. I didn't even get to enjoy my coffee ran back home to catch the arrival.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

They're keeping the crowd pretty far away. I guess they fear Americans more than Canadians?

(Probably not the Royal couple's decision at all; probably LAPD).

Would have been nice if they'd cracked the window a bit in the Range Rover (security probably wouldn't let them).

BUT, they can be seen by some of the crowd!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Serene Highness

Urgh! I am sitting in the house in Pacific Palisades and the number of helicopters gyrating up and down the coastline in the last 40 minutes has been surreal! I have not been able to hear my music at some points. It seems I cannot escape them!

Maybe I will wander up to the Polo Field tomorrow - every attempt to be where they are not is not working! Ha!

P.S. Just for clarity, I know they are not 'here' where I am (so no need to correct me), but I do know the helicopters are somehow connected their being in town and helicopters are very noisy! Plus they are flying so low!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't this thing meant to be private what are they doing?! Ugh only in LA come on Wills and Kate hurry up for christ sake
Old 07-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Courtier

The curtsey makes more sense once the woman had a name, lol! She's the British Ambassador's wife, Lady Julia Scheinwald.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 07-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
As to the content of the conference - the ostensible reason for the Royal couple to be in L.A. is to support British/Commonwealth filmmaking, and raising capital for such ventures is a serious topic.

It isn't all fun and games, being royal. At least the topic is one that William has said is of great interest to him. To me, it would beat going to hospitals or Skid Row, but that's just me.

Those of us who read Variety find the Industry interesting enough, perhaps William will take something away from the meeting about how films actually end up getting made, promoted and finally seen in various venues.

British filmmakers seem far off to Hollywood types, I think, and Variety is trying to close the gap by sponsoring this.
If you think about it, the BBC is quite HUGE in England and Hollywood is it's equivelent so it would make sense that their HRH would hit that industry. Hollywood is just about the only game in town there.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
This is kinda disturbing um can we leave them alone now to enjoy the reception no need to continue with the helicopter sheesh plus I have to go eat dinner what are they doing to me today. I didn't even get to enjoy my coffee ran back home to catch the arrival.
I agree. But that's how LA media works unfortunately. Helicopters overhead have become a regular sight. At least paparazzi have been restricted.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
I agree. But that's how LA media works unfortunately. Helicopters overhead have become a regular sight. At least paparazzi have been restricted.
I know right and sadly even though I hate what they're doing I still can't manage to turn it off
Old 07-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Yeah, I thought I could squeeze in a half hour workout and they were already in Hancock Park. That's what happens in LA, helicopters take shots of people's backyards. Doesn't matter who they are, they just have to be in LA.

But, I don't spot them in the back. They'll probably remain in the house.

I do have to say that those cocktail tables are sparse. You'd think they could throw in a few more with that big a lawn.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
Yeah, I thought I could squeeze in a half hour workout and they were already in Hancock Park. That's what happens in LA, helicopters take shots of people's backyards. Doesn't matter who they are, they just have to be in LA.

But, I don't spot them in the back. They'll probably remain in the house.

I do have to say that those cocktail tables are sparse. You'd think they could throw in a few more with that big a lawn.
I know right? I grabbed my coffee sat down for what felt like 5 mins looked at my phone and realized what time it was and I just grabbed my coffee and ran home. It kinda looks like they're waiting for them I dunno maybe they're going to change again? All I know is my dinner is almost ready and I don't want to miss them hopefully someone posts a screencap if/when they come out.