The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
How disappointing. By the way NOBODY overshadows the Queen.

I don't understand how she doesn't already understand William's charities by now. She already should have some information about Tusk Trust as she did some stuff with it in L.A. What about the Foundation of William and Harry or the VanStraubenzee charities? She has done events for them as well.

I get that she needs to sort out her own charities but I do not think that will take too much time as she has a team to help her out with these things. As for William, he has obligations to the military but Kate is a different story. Hope they change their mind about this.
This might explain things a little bit better Prince William and Kate Middleton to adopt a low profile on UK return after successful debut royal tour - mirror.co.uk

according to that article the Queen and and Prince Charles support Catherine and William's decision to have a "low profile."
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,995
I think having a low profile is exactly what they need at the moment. We have to remember that they're a newly married couple, and are still adjusting to married life. I think if they were given a full schedule of events right away, they would have no time to work on their marriage. They have their priorities straight, and because of that, will (hopefully) enjoy a long and happy life together. To me, that's a little more important than a full calendar of events right away.

When it comes to choosing different charities (and learning about her husband's), Catherine is telling us that she's serious about her role. I would be disappointed if she took on a cause just because it was required for her to be a patron of something. This tour showed that this couple is about hands on involvement, and if one wants to be heavily involved, one needs to learn about the cause, the organization, the people who benefit and what needs to be done. She's right on schedule in my eyes (and I can tell you, if I were in her position, I would be doing the exact same thing).

I hope that these two have a restful break. They have earned it.
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,844
Anyone else notice William used both hands when painting? He started with his right but switched to his left- I found that kind of cool. I can only paint with my right hand (albeit poorly).....William is left handed yes? And Catherine right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
Pictures from the US chamber's flickr account of the private visit inside Sony Studios
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Hiring Our Heroes - Los Angeles - a set on Flickr
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think having a low profile is exactly what they need at the moment. We have to remember that they're a newly married couple, and are still adjusting to married life. I think if they were given a full schedule of events right away, they would have no time to work on their marriage. They have their priorities straight, and because of that, will (hopefully) enjoy a long and happy life together. To me, that's a little more important than a full calendar of events right away.

When it comes to choosing different charities (and learning about her husband's), Catherine is telling us that she's serious about her role. I would be disappointed if she took on a cause just because it was required for her to be a patron of something. This tour showed that this couple is about hands on involvement, and if one wants to be heavily involved, one needs to learn about the cause, the organization, the people who benefit and what needs to be done. She's right on schedule in my eyes (and I can tell you, if I were in her position, I would be doing the exact same thing).

I hope that these two have a restful break. They have earned it.
Yes I agree...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Britters's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DC, United States
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think having a low profile is exactly what they need at the moment. We have to remember that they're a newly married couple, and are still adjusting to married life. I think if they were given a full schedule of events right away, they would have no time to work on their marriage. They have their priorities straight, and because of that, will (hopefully) enjoy a long and happy life together. To me, that's a little more important than a full calendar of events right away.
No offense, but they've been living together for years now, playing house. Their relationship is solid and I could understand wishing to keep a low profile to help Catherine sort out charities and what not. Keeping a low profile to allow William a chance to give his military career his full attention once again, is even understandable. But to say they need to work on their marriage and adjust to married life, to me, seems like a weak excuse. Maybe if they hadn't lived together before. Personally I lived with my (now) husband for two years before we were married, and it was the best decision I ever made. The transition from dating/engaged to married wasn't much of a transition at all. The only thing that really changed was my name and we suddenly shared a bank account.

I'm not saying I don't think they deserve some quiet time. After all they have years of nonstop service to look forward to, I'm just in disagreement with people using their marriage as an excuse for that downtime.
__________________
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 442
I was hoping that they would go home.

Absence brings mystery.

They did such a superb job, really surprising. William has good
public speaking abilities and Catherine is so cool and confidant.
They work together so great.

We are very lucky indeed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 PM
WillKate's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY, United States
Posts: 142
Fantastic post Daria.

I think some people are so eager to see Kate work that they forget she and William are newlyweds who got married in front of 2 billion people. Their marriage is under immense scrutiny. They try their best to protect their relationship by limiting PDAs and not doing interviews. But let's face it, they're huge right now. Yes, HM is HM. She can not be overshadowed but you can bet your bottom dollar, these two can come close. The interest in them is world wide not just in the UK. Media is hungry for any news/tidbit about them.

Since they got married, the pressure is on them to produce an heir. First year of marriage is the best but also, the most difficult IMO. You're basically trying to get used to living with each other 24/7 and its even harder when you have people analyzing your every smile, look and expression. I know they were living together but this is different. They're in their honeymoon period right now and I am sure are affectionate with each other a lot. But every time they step out in public they have to make a conscious effort to not touch each other, hold hands etc. Plus, William will be posted at Falklands next year for 2 months. They'll be apart during that time. Spending first two yrs in Angelsey away from the media pressures will solidify their marriage. I always got the feeling from that they have their priorities straight. They'll do their duty but not at the cost of their marriage/family. We can not compare their relationship to regular people. The amount of pressures on them are ridiculous.

Kate is new to all this. Yes, she used to attend some events with William but they were dating at that time. I don't think RF would have given her any information about the charities William supported before engagement. Because she seemed so confident on this tour, people are eager for her to take on her own charity engagements. But Arthur Edwards was on one of the shows here and he mentioned that she looks confident but she is really nervous on the inside. She's just good at covering it up. Kate also told a reporter in Canada that the tour is overwhelming her. There is no question she was outstanding but she needs to take a breather and sort out which causes she wants to support. She is on the right path. I think its good that William is making sure she doesn't feel pressured. I like that he's giving her time to learn and figure out what causes she wants to back. She will take on her own engagements once she/William feels ready. They will have to do charity work rest of their lives and live their life in the public eye. I don't see anything wrong with them wanting some quality time together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 07-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: indianapolis, United States
Posts: 212
if more people took time off to just be a married couple in the BRF, maybe not so many would be(been) divorced. i am happy they are taking time to themselves; even though i will greatly miss seeing pictures of them together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
Fantastic post Daria.

I think some people are so eager to see Kate work that they forget she and William are newlyweds who got married in front of 2 billion people. Their marriage is under immense scrutiny. They try their best to protect their relationship by limiting PDAs and not doing interviews. But let's face it, they're huge right now. Yes, HM is HM. She can not be overshadowed but you can bet your bottom dollar, these two can come close. The interest in them is world wide not just in the UK. Media is hungry for any news/tidbit about them.

Since they got married, the pressure is on them to produce an heir. First year of marriage is the best but also, the most difficult IMO. You're basically trying to get used to living with each other 24/7 and its even harder when you have people analyzing your every smile, look and expression. I know they were living together but this is different. They're in their honeymoon period right now and I am sure are affectionate with each other a lot. But every time they step out in public they have to make a conscious effort to not touch each other, hold hands etc. Plus, William will be posted at Falklands next year for 2 months. They'll be apart during that time. Spending first two yrs in Angelsey away from the media pressures will solidify their marriage. I always got the feeling from that they have their priorities straight. They'll do their duty but not at the cost of their marriage/family. We can not compare their relationship to regular people. The amount of pressures on them are ridiculous.

Kate is new to all this. Yes, she used to attend some events with William but they were dating at that time. I don't think RF would have given her any information about the charities William supported before engagement. Because she seemed so confident on this tour, people are eager for her to take on her own charity engagements. But Arthur Edwards was on one of the shows here and he mentioned that she looks confident but she is really nervous on the inside. She's just good at covering it up. Kate also told a reporter in Canada that the tour is overwhelming her. There is no question she was outstanding but she needs to take a breather and sort out which causes she wants to support. She is on the right path. I think its good that William is making sure she doesn't feel pressured. I like that he's giving her time to learn and figure out what causes she wants to back. She will take on her own engagements once she/William feels ready. They will have to do charity work rest of their lives and live their life in the public eye. I don't see anything wrong with them wanting some quality time together.
Why, thank you!

You bring up so many good points. There's a difference between living together and getting married, and doing the two under the watchful eyes of the entire world. Catherine has done great so far, and I give a great deal of credit to her and her husband (they operate as a team, supporting the other). Heaven knows they need time right now to just 'be', without the entire planet breathing down their necks. While most newly wedded couples are left to themselves after the whole wedding craze, these two are basically forced to invite the world into their lives. I know, I know, it comes with being a royal, but for heaven's sake, let's just give them a break. Charities and duties can always be taken up, but a marriage that is broken, cannot always be fixed.

Bethaliz6894, you make good observations as well. Sometimes it's just better to be criticized for being 'lazy' and living under the radar, than for going through a divorce and being an 'embarrassment' to the establishment. William and Catherine are choosing the lesser of the two evils.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 PM
WillKate's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY, United States
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
if more people took time off to just be a married couple in the BRF, maybe not so many would be(been) divorced. i am happy they are taking time to themselves; even though i will greatly miss seeing pictures of them together.
I agree. I am thrilled to see that they're putting their marriage first. Good for them!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
Fantastic post Daria.

I think some people are so eager to see Kate work that they forget she and William are newlyweds who got married in front of 2 billion people. Their marriage is under immense scrutiny. They try their best to protect their relationship by limiting PDAs and not doing interviews. But let's face it, they're huge right now. Yes, HM is HM. She can not be overshadowed but you can bet your bottom dollar, these two can come close. The interest in them is world wide not just in the UK. Media is hungry for any news/tidbit about them.

Since they got married, the pressure is on them to produce an heir. First year of marriage is the best but also, the most difficult IMO. You're basically trying to get used to living with each other 24/7 and its even harder when you have people analyzing your every smile, look and expression. I know they were living together but this is different. They're in their honeymoon period right now and I am sure are affectionate with each other a lot. But every time they step out in public they have to make a conscious effort to not touch each other, hold hands etc. Plus, William will be posted at Falklands next year for 2 months. They'll be apart during that time. Spending first two yrs in Angelsey away from the media pressures will solidify their marriage. I always got the feeling from that they have their priorities straight. They'll do their duty but not at the cost of their marriage/family. We can not compare their relationship to regular people. The amount of pressures on them are ridiculous.

Kate is new to all this. Yes, she used to attend some events with William but they were dating at that time. I don't think RF would have given her any information about the charities William supported before engagement. Because she seemed so confident on this tour, people are eager for her to take on her own charity engagements. But Arthur Edwards was on one of the shows here and he mentioned that she looks confident but she is really nervous on the inside. She's just good at covering it up. Kate also told a reporter in Canada that the tour is overwhelming her. There is no question she was outstanding but she needs to take a breather and sort out which causes she wants to support. She is on the right path. I think its good that William is making sure she doesn't feel pressured. I like that he's giving her time to learn and figure out what causes she wants to back. She will take on her own engagements once she/William feels ready. They will have to do charity work rest of their lives and live their life in the public eye. I don't see anything wrong with them wanting some quality time together.
Correct...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 07-11-2011, 09:41 PM
WillKate's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY, United States
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Why, thank you!

You bring up so many good points. There's a difference between living together and getting married, and doing the two under the watchful eyes of the entire world. Catherine has done great so far, and I give a great deal of credit to her and her husband (they operate as a team, supporting the other). Heaven knows they need time right now to just 'be', without the entire planet breathing down their necks. While most newly wedded couples are left to themselves after the whole wedding craze, these two are basically forced to invite the world into their lives. I know, I know, it comes with being a royal, but for heaven's sake, let's just give them a break. Charities and duties can always be taken up, but a marriage that is broken, cannot always be fixed.

Bethaliz6894, you make good observations as well. Sometimes it's just better to be criticized for being 'lazy' and living under the radar, than for going through a divorce and being an 'embarrassment' to the establishment. William and Catherine are choosing the lesser of the two evils.


Like I said, these two are not willing to compromise their happiness which makes me love them even more!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 07-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post


Like I said, these two are not willing to compromise their happiness which makes me love them even more!
I'm with you. In the day and age where relationships and love are cheapened, it's nice to see a couple that puts their family life first. I just hope others in our society will take a leaf out of their book.

Good work again, Will and Kate!
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 PM
WillKate's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY, United States
Posts: 142
I really want to see a clip of them making their imprints. Apparently, they had a playful banter going on. I can't believe I missed it.

I am amazed that there are no pics of them arriving at Heathrow. Boy, these two can really disappear! Anyway, I guess we'll see them again at Zara's wedding.

Quote:
At one meeting, Kate listened to a fellow service wife, Kathy Roth-Douquet, 47, describing having to cope with her husband Greg Douquet, 49, a Marine Corps helicopter pilot, being away sometimes for six months at a time.

‘I don't know how you manage,’ Kate said, blushing slightly. ‘I miss William so much when he goes away. He went once for four weeks and I missed him so much.’

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
I really want to see a clip of them making their imprints. Apparently, they had a playful banter going on. I can't believe I missed it.

I am amazed that there are no pics of them arriving at Heathrow. Boy, these two can really disappear! Anyway, I guess we'll see them again at Zara's wedding.
Here's the clip of Catherine and William...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 07-11-2011, 11:02 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
Quote:
‘I don't know how you manage,’ Kate said, blushing slightly. ‘I miss William so much when he goes away. He went once for four weeks and I missed him so much.’
Aw that made me sad. She'll miss him so much when he leaves next year for 2 months, Hopefully both his and her family members will be there to offer some support.
Another article
A waist that made Nicole Kidman look dumpy and why Kate deserves to be more than just a clothes horse | Mail Online
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
I really want to see a clip of them making their imprints. Apparently, they had a playful banter going on. I can't believe I missed it.

I am amazed that there are no pics of them arriving at Heathrow. Boy, these two can really disappear! Anyway, I guess we'll see them again at Zara's wedding.
I remember reading about the banter during hand printing. They're not afraid to be themselves, and I think that's one of the parts of their charm. It puts people at ease.

Now, for the cheesy part of the post. I'm a huge fan of the musical 'Wicked', and when I read about the hand prints, the lyrics from one of the songs came to mind.

'You'll be with me,
Like a hand print on my heart'.

I think it fits the whole tour. They've left such a great impression on so many people, and captured a great deal of hearts not just in North America, but I'm betting all over the world as well.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 07-11-2011, 11:34 PM
HeatherM's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warren, United States
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_49ers View Post
Her slapping his hand away towards the end was priceless! Thank you for posting it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 07-11-2011, 11:44 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals View Post
Ok, everyone, time for your FAVORITE MOMENTS and why

FAVORITE....


TOUCHING MOMENT: Kate with 6-year-old Diamond Marshall

WILLIAM LOOK: Howdy, cowboy! Enough said.
Need I say more?
On a serious note, while those are my two highlights, I liked the overall " feel" and style of the tour!
And to see special needs children greeting them it seemed at every airport they came to in Canada was very touching.
__________________

__________________
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall- Nelson Mandela
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which countries would you like to see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit? Lenora The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 56 05-21-2014 04:47 AM
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Canada - June 30 to July 8, 2011 Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 918 12-10-2012 06:12 PM
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge current events 1: 29 April 2011- 30 November 2011 wbenson Current Events Archive 1081 12-01-2011 01:42 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]