Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Los Angeles, California - July 8-10, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this on twitter regarding Catherine and William's art work LOL

minute ago »
PHOTO_GB_normal.JPG

Georginaitv georgina brewer

Kate paints a snail in painting class with children at the arts school. William paints a box. An elaborate box. But a box. Seriously.

LOL so his art is a bit modern style I guess... I missed some of the feed after they left this room because the feed had gone to the pretty rainbow boxes so I turned it off. What did I miss?

Last night's gala- a few questions?

Is it just me, or has William gotten better looking? He reminds me of the young Paul Newman.

What made Jennifer Lopez think she looked good in that dress?

Why did Dana Delaney wear Garfield's tail over her shoulder?

Does Barbra Streisand own a mirror?
Barbra, I don't even have to see anything other than the shoulder of your gown to know that you should have worn something else. Enough of the vintage selections from your collection of old costumes from Hello, Dolly and Funny Girl. Get thee to a stylist.

Why does the sweet and lovely Rita Wilson (Hanks) always look not quite right when she dresses up?

If Kate hadn't met and married William, would she have had a career as a stylist? She's always just right.

And, speaking of Garfield, Meow, Meow, Meow.

I caught the end of live stream from the art center. These two are fantabulous. I love their relaxed and sincere demeanor. It's refreshing. It's just my observation, but I think they're most relaxed when talking to the well-wishers/general public and children. They seem to just get so involved and animated. And I'll just add, that Catherine looked quite wonderful.

I hope they come back to the States (and visit East Coast) soon. Their visit was certainly a successful one.

And, welcome HeatherM. Hope you have a wonderful time on the forums.

Ladongas, I'm laughing out loud about your style observations, especially on Barbara Streisand. I guess she wants to save some money and raid a costume closet either on Broadway or at some theatre house out there in LA. She probably gets top picks, since she's such a big name in theatre world (note, I cannot stand her voice or acting).

Last edited:
Kate paints a snail in painting class with children at the arts school. William paints a box. An elaborate box. But a box. Seriously.

Perhaps it wasn't just any box but a terrarium home for Kate's snail. Team Will&Kate strike again! :whistling:

Is anyone else having a problem with live stream from ABC? I'm getting sound only, but no images.

I'm getting both audio and video on the abc live stream.

My god this must be one of the longest speeches of the tour.

I'm bored watching them they must just be like come on let's go already.

Last edited:
I loved his little dig at Harry in his speech. Ahh sibling rivalry!

Now I'm getting both. Yes ghost_night554 it was a really long winded speech. I've never heard him say that much in public. I'm going to venture and guess that this event is on the informal side as well. They're just doing a lot of mingling with the vets and military families present.

I'm not bored of William. I always love his speeches. Loved the dig at Harry haha sibling rivalry :lol: I meant the woman who was talking at the time I posted. It began to bore me but now looks like they're mingling with vets which is good.

Kate looks a little tired I think. She seemed to have forgotten to introduce herself to that lady until William went up to her and shook her hand.

Last edited:
I'm not bored of William. I always love his speeches. Loved the dig at Harry haha sibling rivalry :lol: I meant the woman who was talking at the time I posted. It began to bore me but now looks like they're mingling with vets which is good.
Awww streams down again.

Ah, I see. I already found it weird, considering the way you always post about them.

Haha yep I love William so it would be weird for me to say his speech is too long and boring. Yup you'll almost never hear that from me.

Oh christ save me are they re-airing the speeches again!

Last edited:
This event has to be one of the most important, as stated by the Prince himself. His speech was also great, specially the part where he mentioned his brother a 'low flying, very average, Apache pilot brother ' :D.

I've enjoy every bit of this tour, but fell exhausted, can't imagine how they must fell.

Haha yep I love William so it would be weird for me to say his speech is too long and boring. Yup you'll almost never hear that from me.

Oh christ save me are they re-airing the speeches again!

They are indeed. I don't mind Will's speech (he has great public speaking skills), but afterwards...oy vei.

This event has to be one of the most important, as stated by the Prince himself. His speech was also great, specially the part where he mentioned his brother a 'low flying, very average, Apache pilot brother ' :D.

I've enjoy every bit of this tour, but fell exhausted, can't imagine how they must fell.
Mia I was just about to post that. This tour has completely wiped me and we`re not even the ones doing it so I cannot imagine for the life of me how Wills and Kate must feel.!

Last edited:
I'd imagine they're looking forward to a nice long plane ride, which just may allow them opportunity to get some much needed rest. They now need a vacation to just regroup and catch up with each other.

ghost_night554 you're to be commended for your brilliant contribution not just to this thread but to the coverage of the tour in full. You've been so good not just with links and information but with your all around cheerfulness. Well done.

Mia I was just about to post that. This tour has completely wiped me and we`re not even the ones doing this so I cannot imagine for the life of me how Wills and Kate must feel.!

Indeed, and today I called the poster named "jemagre" on that. I honestly can't understand how people can compare a tour like this to, let's say, a trip to the candy store.

And I second EIIR's opinion: your contribution here has been amazing, well done!!! It must have been exhausting for you too... Thanks for helping out your fellow forum members and contributors.

How in the world did Jennifer Lopez get in there?? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
ghost_night554 you're to be commended for your brilliant contribution not just to this thread but to the coverage of the tour in full. You've been so good not just with links and information but with your all around cheerfulness. Well done.
Aww thank you! I was more then happy to do it. I enjoyed myself so much and cannot wait for the next tour :flowers:
Thanks Skippy. I am pretty wiped right about now but it`s been such a joy to experience this first tour with all my fellow members here at TRF

Some last little tid bits from me. Media has arrived at airport and they have a 2 hour wait ahead of them. So I take it William and Kate have left gone to grab their stuff perhaps change and get on their way home.

Here is today`s article from people.com http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20509160,00.html
Photos: http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=cambridge

First photos from the job fair
http://www.newscom.com/nc//displayO...&searchVT=width&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch
http://www.newscom.com/nc//displayO...&searchVT=width&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch

William told fans last night at the gala he was sorry they were late and Kate chimed in and said `he was doing his hair

Screencap from me courtesy ABC footage from the job fair
http://i53.tinypic.com/2rwu651.jpg

Right now they are putting together the packages.And now they are leaving I think.And that`s a wrap for now till we get to the airport.

Last edited:
Wonder how much longer till they get to the airport. I`m going out tonight to an event and I`d love to get some sleep before I go but don`t want to miss their departure *sigh* decisions decisions.

Wonder how much longer till they get to the airport. I`m going out tonight to an event and I`d love to get some sleep before I go but don`t want to miss their departure *sigh* decisions decisions.

Sheesh, setting those darn priorities ey? They can be a pain ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom