Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Los Angeles, California - July 8-10, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the couple have any events today as it is their last day in LA?

Some news about her jewelery - the earrings were lent to her by the Queen, the bracelet was her own.

I have to say I don't think there's another Royal couple on the planet who could have come close to bringing that room of people together, particularly at a time of year in which the vast majority of film stars and producers are not in Holywood. As Stephen Fry said, they have something a bit special about them at the moment.

They truly are wonderful ambassadors for the UK and the Commonwealth.

What is so wonderful about a British royal couple having a lot of people who are in the acting business making a fuss of them?
Wonderful ambassadors to Hollywood? I thought that Kate looked lovely in all the pictures and if that is all that is needed to make her the next people's princess well hurrah for that.

What is so wonderful about a British royal couple having a lot of people who are in the acting business making a fuss of them?
Wonderful ambassadors to Hollywood? I thought that Kate looked lovely in all the pictures and if that is all that is needed to make her the next people's princess well hurrah for that.

I think the point that was being made is that during the summertime, a lot of the well known "big folks" of Hollywood are usually not "at work" but having their own personal time similar to how HM retreats to Balmoral. Wills and Kate weren't just there at the gala gathering only because they were royals but also because William is the patron of BAFTA which if I may assume for a minute, could be like being a representative of the Screen Actors Guild or any numerous Hollywood organization that many top names belong to or represent. We have to remember too that the gala "get together" was just one stop on the LA lap of Wills & Kate's tour.

Hollywood and the entertainment field is not very high on my list of interests so please accept my apologies if my thinking is way out in left field (drats and doughnuts are now in right field.. gotta go.) :D

The point is that they weren't there to be made a fuss of, nor to have their ego stroked. They were able to use their profile and popularity to provide 42 young British actors, film makers, producers and animators with the opportunity of a lifetime. I'd bet my life that those young Brits left last night with business cards, phone numbers and contacts that just would not have been made available to them otherwise. Having heard some of them talking beforehand they all said how amazed they were to be there and thankful to Will and Kate for helping to give them the opportunity.

If that doesn't fit the bill of being ambassadors for the UK I don't know what does.

I missed the young British actors etc that were present, I just saw what the DM likes to call the glitteratti, and the headlines were something along the lines of Hollywood royalty meets British royalty. If they were representing BAFTA well it might help these young people get into the Hollywood scene. It just baffles me how the fact that the heir to the heir and his new wife being present at this occasion is important enough to describe them as ambassadors. Let us hope that when these young actors use the numbers on the visiting cards they were given, and the Prince is not present, that they will get answers to their calls.

I missed the young British actors etc that were present, I just saw what the DM likes to call the glitteratti, and the headlines were something along the lines of Hollywood royalty meets British royalty. If they were representing BAFTA well it might help these young people get into the Hollywood scene. It just baffles me how the fact that the heir to the heir and his new wife being present at this occasion is important enough to describe them as ambassadors. Let us hope that when these young actors use the numbers on the visiting cards they were given, and the Prince is not present, that they will get answers to their calls.

On this note, I need to amend my previous post where I stated that William is the patron of BAFTA. I was incorrect. He is the President of BAFTA. For more clarification I went looking and was able to find this from 2010 when William stepped up as President.

Bafta Awards 2010: Prince William makes his debut as the president of the Baftas - Telegraph

He was not there as heir to the heir but as president.

Thank you to all those who diligently kept us updated with pictures and videos. Overall, I'm overwhelmed with the reception this couple received in Canada and US. There's so much sincerity that they bring along, and that is touching to witness.

Some news about her jewelery - the earrings were lent to her by the Queen, the bracelet was her own.

Wow - when one thinks of what she could have chosen from her new granny-in-laws collection, it is stunning what she actually borrowed. Beautiful but rather modest pieces compared to what the queen owns, completely suiting to the occasion and even though they are not the most valuable pieces on wearing them Catherine implys in a positive way that she could have worn jewels no star in Hollywod could counter.

That's a core element of both William and Catherine: they could "sparkle" so much but they are down-to-earth enough for people to feel an attachment, while still give one the feeling about what they could if they wanted. I like this kind of very British understatement. I alos like what was reported: that aides told the guest that they could address them however they felt like: as Royal Higness, Sir or Madam or by their given names. That was a nice gesture, I think, again:according to the motto: "In Rome, do as the Romans do". IMHO that is one reason why they are so successful, they adpat without losing themselves and their focus on who they are and what they can and are wanted to achieve. A very noble and modern approach to being Royality in today's celebrity culture.

they have done a wonderful job haven't they! they are so relaxed and real.

Looks like the overall tour went successfully! All of Buckingham Palace, especially The Queen, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles and The DoC, must have big smiles on their faces!

This is so cool.

I think they are going to the east coast when they do come back to the United States. I think that's where Kate wants to go, because she's never been there. I think that's when they'll go to the White House on their first official visit. But that won't happen til after the election year, which is next year.

Kate drew a snail. I don't know what William was going for. :lol: Kate is better at this than him. He better accept defeat!

This has to be one of the best moments during the tour. William looks lost :D !

Aw just caught the end oh well that was good till the next destination the feed just ended.

I love these two! She is just painting away chatting a little while he is the one chatting and forgetting to paint. It is so cute to watch them with the children and with each other.

Wow it took me ages to finally post here. Guess I am a bit shy!

I love these two! She is just painting away chatting a little while he is the one chatting and forgetting to paint. It is so cute to watch them with the children and with each other.

Wow it took me ages to finally post here. Guess I am a bit shy!
He said something to Kate and everyone laughed. Did you catch what he said?

No I missed it! I heard the laughter but missed what he said..
I missed it too.

PIC: See Kate Middleton's Gorgeous Dress at BAFTA Gala - UsMagazine.com

"I am a huge royal fan," Chandler Rabens, 21, who also met the pair, told Us. "I told William he was the luckiest guy in the world because Kate looked so beautiful, and he said, 'I know :wub:

Kate walked by and she was apologizing for being late and she said, 'William had to do his hair!' It was really cute!"" :lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I read this on twitter regarding Catherine and William's art work LOL

minute ago »
PHOTO_GB_normal.JPG

Georginaitv georgina brewer

Kate paints a snail in painting class with children at the arts school. William paints a box. An elaborate box. But a box. Seriously.

I didn't see the live stream(was making lunch) but this engagement sounds hilarious!

More pics from last night here:
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Prince William: Red carpet royals in Hollywood | Mail Online

I also have another vid to post later on.

Kate and William take their seats at performance at arts school for dancing...! #royalsla yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/kgq8eeqj Shared by Georginaitv

Latino style. Its got the royals clapping! yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/kiw2bedj Shared by Georginaitv

My goodness I'm loving their public engagements today

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom