The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
Lu Parker is a TV news reporter and the Mayor's girlfriend. After the Mayor's divorce, he hooked up with another Latino tv reporter who failed to disclose her relationship with him all the while reporting on his divorce when she was dating him. Same thing happened to Lu, she failed to disclose that to KTLA and subsequently resigned in 2009.

Oh, and yeah, pulling the Duchess by the waist to get her closer to you is uber tacky. Maybe she just wanted to feel her waist size!?
I'm loving all this side dish!

Here is the full schedule for the Polo event

THE FOUNDATION POLO CHALLENGE - July 9th, 2011

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Nobility

Video report from inside the reception last night: Royal couple attends Hancock Park reception | Video | abc7.com

Old 07-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge --- The American tour

David Beckham looked quite dashing.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Courtier

Diane VonFurstenberg for Kate....

Kate Middleton (Duchess of Cambridge) wears Roksanda Ilincic Peridot dress and green silk Diane Von Furstenberg dress in LA (PHOTOS) | Stylejacking.com
Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Aristocracy

William and Kate @ the tech smmit...... @ Kate asking Willliam to speak!

Prince William Kate Middleton America - Variety Social Media Panel - Bored Video | Mediaite
Old 07-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Nobility

Prince William, Kate head to Santa Barbara polo match

Prince William, Kate head to SB polo match | Video | abc7.com

And a great Reuters video report with comment on Jerry Brown's Welsh corgi
Old 07-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Courtier

The DVF dress looks very comfortable which is a plus, however there are many other designs that are much more exciting, and flattering, IMO. This one is so simple as to be plain and dull, though I am sure Catherine appreciated the comfort aspect at this point in the tour.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Prince William, Kate head to Santa Barbara polo match
Article
Old 07-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliiesrabbit View Post
ick! I agreee, major hutzpah on part of the mayor's girlfriend there. You can bet it's going on her side table in her home, with the casual," oh , we're such good 'buds', Kat and I...." ick- but I can only bet that's not going to be an isolated incident in LA land!
the Duchess handles it with natural aplomb I have to say....quite the class act she is!
In LA Land. Your view is interesting albeit paints the folks here as stereotypes. If it is as you say - which I doubt, but if it is - then the reverse is likely true: William and Kate are eager to get their pictures taken with celebrities, too, and are here to bask in the shine of celebrity-ville. There's a bit of mutual massaging going on here when it comes to that. No one is an 'innocent' I would say. But the LA folks are the hosts and are trying to be warm and welcoming. And if William and Kate are the 'normal, regular folks' people are saying they are, I think they would hardly notice. No 'breach' - they are in another culture - and these are not their 'subjects'.

Just to clarify, because the poor girlfriend of the mayor is getting a bit bashed here. When you are someone accustomed to putting people at their ease - and Californians really are friendly - the gesture (in America-speak, or maybe California-speak) - is one of inclusion and 'affection'. If you look at similar photos in other venues, people have their hands on each other - a hand on the back, or the shoulder, etc. Its just being friendly and putting each other at ease. This woman likely has met and continues to meet people - and has her picture taken with lots of 'important' people.

To me the gesture seems rooted in something else - did she sense that Kate was perhaps tired? Perhaps dazed? The sun yesterday was beautiful but intense - and Americans are a very different kettle of fish from masses of Brits or masses of Canadians. I see the gesture as one of giving assurance - from an older woman to a younger, perhaps, in an 'alien' cultural milieu. If the royals were offended its unfortunate because this is exactly what Americans do - touch. Its a cultural thing - and when in Rome....
Old 07-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Hi all I'm here for hopefully another great day. Found the live links for the polo match!! It says it starts at 3pm but people are already there waiting for Wills and Kate so idk
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=8239970

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN1981 View Post
I bet! Thanks for all your hard work today and all the great links you provided us with. You deserve a good night's rest!
No prob~! Got a pretty good night's rest except my friend decided to wake me up as well at 5am cause she couldn't sleep go figure lol oh well I went back to bed afterwards which is good so now I'm ready to go for today's events in LA

Ooh just got word the VIP's have begun lining up at the red carpet at the polo match.

Quote:
BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt

Am on a red carpet in a green field at the Santa Barbara polo field waiting for William and Kate. #royaltour2011
Old 07-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Here's a live feed for today's events. They're going to go live at noon PST. One of the reporters also said they will be showing the entire polo match - which starts at 3 pm (PST)

Prince William, Kate attend polo event in Santa Barbara| Los Angeles Local News Live Streams | abc7.com

You beat me to it, ghost_night.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Hahah great minds think alike Soapstar^

Quote:
SPerryPeoplemag Simon Perry

Big hats, ladies sipping champagne: Like a summer wedding in the UK at Santa Barbara polo club for Will & Kate #royaltour
Old 07-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison

#royaltour #LA Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend Santa Barbara Polo event later today - Kate handing out cup, so if Wills wins, a kiss?

2 hours ago
Twitter
I bet everyone is praying for William's team to win. We will get to see a kiss. William is in PDA mode, so I can see it happening.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I sure am!!!^ They just arrived via helicopter and the audio feed just came on

Quote:
RoyalsGossip Royal News on E!

Now *that's* an arrival -- by chopper! #willandkate #polo #santabarbara
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Cream outfit for Kate, the guys with the long lenses say.

3 minutes ago
Quote:
britishroyals British Royals

Cream colored outfit for Kate, with small floral design?? for Kate.. Hair down #royaltour
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

William in white trousers and blazer, according to The Sun's snapper Arthur Edwards.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

any streaming working?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

^^ where are u watching?
Old 07-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I sure am!!!^ They just arrived via helicopter
I predicted that!

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Los Angeles, CA July 8-10, 2011
Old 07-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
any streaming working?
The ABC stream is audio only at this point. Somebody talking about their Jewish relatives.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice job on the prediction! All I'm getting right now is audio guys no video. Thank god I always stash some food in my drawers cause I ain't leaving this chair till I get pics.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
The ABC stream is audio only at this point. Somebody talking about their Jewish relatives.
I heard that . We'll see a StreamGate one of this days, people need to be more careful. Apparently Catherine is wearing a cream dress