The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

You can kind of spot Kate in this photo.

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/kj36ngj Shared by SkyNewsCamera

Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Apparently this is the dress... Maja Dress
Not feeling this one. The shade of green reminds me of the make-up they use in the productions of 'Wicked' for the character of Elphaba (the 'Wicked' witch of the West).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar
Hahaha - wow the green really stands out amongst the blue/black suits....
Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Hahaha - wow the green really stands out amongst the blue/black suits....
Now if only someone could point Kate to this photo and point that out. Imagine if she was wearing her typical blue or cream number....we'd never spot her!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently KCAL9 now has vid from inside the reception live on tv
Old 07-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke with Mr. David Beckham
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

The Duke and Duchess at the reception!
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers
Old 07-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Nobility

Have to catch up with the Will & Kate show tomorrow morning. Hasta la vista.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

theroyaleditor Robert Jobson

Becks tells Will: “Victoria really wanted to come but she is just so tired at the moment. She sent you both lots of love."

Will told Becks: “Don’t be silly, send her (Victoria) all our love and tell her good luck with it all."

1 minute ago
Aw how sweet

Quote:
theroyaleditor Robert Jobson

Will told Becks Canada trip was, "an amazing few days." He said he and Kate were "so lucky with all the incredible places" they've been to.
Video from Day 1 http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/98b6ac...4-070ee9c1dcb2
Old 07-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Serene Highness

KTLA: Will and Kate Take L.A. - Team Coverage -- ktla.com
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Serene Highness

I have to say I thought today's weather was absolutely radiant. The sunshine was splendid. What a terrific day to arrive for the first time in SoCal. (I am startled that neither of them have been here before! )

I wonder the impact on them both after leaving the coolness and alpine sweetness of the Canadian atmosphere. It was fabulous at the shore - too bad they are not having that experience. I'd advise them to come back privately to really get the feel of the place - if they are so inclined, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I'm in my house in Malibu and I heard the exact same thing. All this noise is not necessary!
Do you know why? What was it about? Is it about tomorrow? I am up high and some of those helicopters were nearly at eye-level. What a clatter! I was wondering if when they left the Beverly Hilton they took the 'long way' back to the Consul's house down Sunset to the PCH - and that's why there was so much commotion right here. It would have been a great drive - the ocean was scintillating. But if it was happening in Malibu, too - what was up?
Old 07-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

She's a California girl! Royal couple touch down in LA with a splash of red, white and blue as America prepares for Kate-mania

Read more: Duchees of Cambridge Kate Middleton lands in Los Angeles as Royal couple start US tour | Mail Online
Old 07-09-2011, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent

So exhausted been up since 7am so off to bed now excited for tomorrow night! Night all cya tomorrow for the polo match!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So exhausted been up since 7am so off to bed now excited for tomorrow night! Night all cya tomorrow for the polo match!
I bet! Thanks for all your hard work today and all the great links you provided us with. You deserve a good night's rest!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate is looking gorgeous as always,the only observation,I was a little disappointed in her dress choice at the arrival in LA,it would have been better if she was dressed in the yellow summery dress she was wearing on her arrival in Calgary.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

David Beckham with the duke of Cambridge
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Old 07-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
She's a California girl! Royal couple touch down in LA with a splash of red, white and blue as America prepares for Kate-mania

Read more: Duchees of Cambridge Kate Middleton lands in Los Angeles as Royal couple start US tour | Mail Online
I wish there was a pic of Sophie and Freddy Windsor too. I also find it hilarious David Beckham wasn't on the list but showed up and they let him in....think they'd just let me in? (jk ) I like Kate's dress a lot....but yes sorta wish shed do something a bit different with her hair but at least it looks nice.....
Old 07-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Courtier

I don't actually know who Lu Parker is, but someone probably should have given her a quick overview of protocol...she seems uncharacteristically "close" to Catherine. I'm sure Catherine wasn't bothered much by it, but the appearance of the photo make it look like the woman is tugging Catherine into her...

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Again, probably not a big deal by general standards, but it would annoy me to constantly be taking pictures with strangers and having them grip me by the waist. Imagine if everyone did it?

The green of the dress has grown on me. I like the bright pop of color on the Duchess.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
I don't actually know who Lu Parker is, but someone probably should have given her a quick overview of protocol...she seems uncharacteristically "close" to Catherine. I'm sure Catherine wasn't bothered much by it, but the appearance of the photo make it look like the woman is tugging Catherine into her...

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Lu Parker is a TV news reporter and the Mayor's girlfriend. After the Mayor's divorce, he hooked up with another Latino tv reporter who failed to disclose her relationship with him all the while reporting on his divorce when she was dating him. Same thing happened to Lu, she failed to disclose that to KTLA and subsequently resigned in 2009.

Oh, and yeah, pulling the Duchess by the waist to get her closer to you is uber tacky. Maybe she just wanted to feel her waist size!?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Commoner

ick! I agreee, major hutzpah on part of the mayor's girlfriend there. You can bet it's going on her side table in her home, with the casual," oh , we're such good 'buds', Kat and I...." ick- but I can only bet that's not going to be an isolated incident in LA land!
the Duchess handles it with natural aplomb I have to say....quite the class act she is!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Nobility

Some good photos: Prince William & Kate: British Consul-General Reception! | David Beckham, Kate Middleton, Prince William : Just Jared

And an article on the Tech City conference they attended yesterday: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...tech-city.html