Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Rodeo/Stampede portion be shown live online anywhere?

It will tomorrow morning CBC will air it at 7am PST^

Tonight there will be a private reception as well as one more thing I dunno what though. That part will be shown tonight.

Last edited:
It will tomorrow morning CBC will air it at 7am PST^

Tonight there will be a private reception as well as one more thing I dunno what though. That part will be shown tonight.

Thanks!!! I'm thankful for the events being on the opposite coast, it means I can sleep a little and still catch things "live!"

^Your so lucky lol! I'll be dying tomorrow morning but oh well it's not everyday I get to see these types of things

I wonder what they'll wear. Kate should wear boots and a nice skirt to go with that cowboy hat.

Everyone here seems to be wearing their cowboy hats me thinks maybe William and Kate have gone to change.

They're running late again

Last edited:
Kate is rocking the boots! They have their hats on. Both looking awesome in their cowboy get up.

Photo from Reuters Pictures
Catherine and little Diamond Marshall

What's so magical is that Diamond wanted to meet Catherine...not just a princess...but as her letter requested specifically the duchess.

Oh god his voice but beautiful speech. I cried and screamed at the end when he said "our promise to Canada is that we will return"

Yeah, his poor voice. If it wasn't for needing stupid wristbands I would have totally went to Calgary and try to see them tomorrow! Hope they enjoy the stampede, Kate's reaction watching the bull riders was priceless!!

I loved how William started his speech. "Well, this is different!" :lol:

When he got off the stage coach, there was a guy waiting to shake his hand so William quickly shook hands with him and turned around to help Kate get off that ladder. Its so lovely to see him take care of her like that. He never fails to do it. :wub: Kate is a lucky gal.

Daria_S said:
If I didn't know who he was, I would have pegged him for a country singer. Yee-haw! Err....he does look rather smashing :wub:.

I was raised around cowboys, so I have a definite weakness for guys in hats and spurs. If William had spurs on his boots, I would absolutely die!! (He does have that Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney thing going on!)

I was raised around cowboys, so I have a definite weakness for guys in hats and spurs. If William had spurs on his boots, I would absolutely die!! (He does have that Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney thing going on!)

He has the look, now he needs to start singing some songs with profound lyrics (those singers have a good number of songs that have made me either think or cry, or both, such as the song Jackson wrote about September 11th).

Daria_S said:
He has the look, now he needs to start singing some songs with profound lyrics (those singers have a good number of songs that have made me either think or cry, or both, such as the song Jackson wrote about September 11th).

I would bawl my eyes out if he were to ever sing "Remember When", or even "livin' on Love".

So the last day's coverage on CBC starts at 4am!!!! OMG!!! It better be good! LOL
Does anyone know how well CBC is going to cover them in Cali?

Last edited:
Ya that's what I wanna how well will Cali trip be covered by either CBC or CTV.

I agree with you one hundred percent. William and Catherine are trying their hardest to gain respect via merit, rather than status and wealth. That alone makes them more approachable, personable and genuine. I hear of a great deal of celebrities just giving donations, but never really taking interest in what it is they are donating to. This couple is different, because they try to find out exactly what the causes is, and what they can do to make a difference. My proverbial hat goes off to them for their efforts and sincerity.
People in the public eye who I most admire tend to be ones that have that quality- they do not do charity work for " show", they do it, they get involved, because they care. They are not part of charity to be wealthy figureheads, to give money, but never to give their heart and time in service to others. Instead they do give their hearts and time in service to others in need. This is certainly true of W&C.

BTW. I just read the story about little Diamond!:twohearts: Where are the tissues? Need I say more? That speaks volumes to the kinds of people W& C are. As does them going to see fire victims!And the list of compassionate acts goes on and on, and to think this is only the first tour! The UK is lucky... The world is lucky...
To top it all off, my heart is a- flutter at the thought of Will in a Stetson, and plaid shirt. Kate is one lucky gal!...:cool:;)
Added: I just read the letter Diamond wrote! Man oh man, Daria you were right, there are no words!

Last edited:
while I'm not in love with the yellow dress. I thought Catherine looked awesome in the jeans/shirt/cowboy hat. :wub:

Now we just need to get her a pair of leather chaps... YEEEHAAAA!!!! :whistling:

When, in the airport, William and Catherine arrived, the wind was so strong I was afraid for an wardrobe malfunction.
Once they arrived in full country mood I had to laugh, I was glad they dressed up (specially William, he looked might fine , If I may). His speech, as before, mentioned his family, this time his great-grandmother.
As this part of the tour comes close to the end, I'm more than satisfied with what I saw. I'm really glad they have each other, cause this kind of life works much better if you have your best friend around ;) .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom