Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this. I was waiting for a video from the barbecue.
It was great to actually hear what William and Kate were saying during their conversation with the various young people. At around 2:41 William said to an athlete "I thought the Winter Olympics were amazing." He talked about it a bit more towards the end of the video.
Both of them are indeed great naturals at interacting with people.

Yes, it was very interesting. One of the athletes he was speaking to was Tessa Virtue, who won the Olympics Ice Dancing gold with her partner, Scott Moir, in 2010. And William remembered Lindsay Vonn's amazing skiing in Whistler.

For Canadians, CPAC is broadcasting the citizenship ceremony live.

Kate is wearing a cream/white dress with a draped neckline and a BROOCH!!! It's a diamond maple leaf!
She has a small red hat/fascinator with some maple leaves on it
red shoes
fan shaped red clutch with gold accents.

I'm wondering if this is the same brooch HM wore last year on her visit to Canada. It would be very touching if it is the same one.

William and Kate are at a citizenship ceremony at the Museum of Civilization. Kate looks lovely in a white suite and red accessories. She's giving the new citizens Canadian flags. Not sure what William is handing out. The Governor General and his wife are there as is the Minister of Citizenship Jason Kenney

I think I see maple leafs in Kate's hat! and yes, a maple leaf brooch.

William was handing out folded, full size Canadian flags at the ceremony.

They've now left after greeting everyone.They'll be taken next to the landau for their journey to Parliament Hill.

Happy Canada Day!

They're saying on the CBC that Kate's indeed wearing the maple leaf brooch the Queen wore last year.
It's a beautiful day in Ottawa

Last edited:
The fact she's wearing the Queen's diamond maple leaf brooch is no surprise; the article posted yesterday mentioned that Catherine was allowed to borrow some pieces from the Queen's collection for this trip, and it shouldn't come as any surprise that she'd want to borrow something with a Canadian motif.

I love her fascinator -- very chic.

Edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ort-maple-leaf-hat-brooch-borrowed-Queen.html

There's a great full-length picture of Catherine to start off the article, showcasing her outfit for this ceremony.

Last edited:
They're on Parliament Hill now. The crowd chanted "Will and Kate" after they stepped off the landau.
Actually they're chanting it again now. It's all about the couple, not just Kate.

Last edited:
Catherine is really beautiful when she smiles - but William seems only to own one suit... probably he decided he has more fun spending his money on his wife...

Catherine is really beautiful when she smiles - but William seems only to own one suit... probably he decided he has more fun spending his money on his wife...

I noticed that too (the same suit that is, but I'll a tie to that also, because I've seen that one on several pictures in the last several days). But, he does wear dark blue/navy very well, and perhaps his wife prefers him in that color. ;)

some screen shots from the celebration.

PM Harper welcomed and congratulated the newlyweds and the crowd applauded and chanted "Will and Kate" for several times. The couple looked and smiled at each other....it was very cute.

Thank you for the screen caps Humera.

They both were blushing and looked a bit embarrassed when the crowd started chanting William and Kate! :p

Just saw William's speech. He mentioned sharing this experience with Kate and the crowd started screaming and he had the most adorable smile on his face. :wub: It was really sweet that he talked about Kate's grandfather.

OMG! Again! LOVING IT! She looks so chic in the white dress with the hat and HM's Maple Leaf Brooch. My neighbors to the north are sooooo lucky... :)

Haha, that was soooo cute when Duke of Cambridge suddenly span round, grabbed Catherine and pushed her to the other side, so that she could get the flowers :ROFLMAO::flowers:

Is Kate going to auction that "hat?" Time to abandon "cute"...she's not a teenager any more.

Like her white dress, but it needed something. Too "blood and bandages."

The afternoon celebrations are over and the couple are off, after greeting the performers and the public

I've watched all the ceremony,both of them were stunning,especially Kate who has had the special charm this day

Is Kate going to auction that "hat?" Time to abandon "cute"...she's not a teenager any more.

Like her white dress, but it needed something. Too "blood and bandages."

Thank goodness you're in the minority then, as most saw it for what it was. A very nice way to tying in what she was wearing to what the day was. Most think it was a lovely tribute to Canada.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised some see it as a way to attack Kate. She'll never be able to do anything right in certain peoples eyes. I wish they'd keep their comments to themselves is all. Why such nastiness I'll never know.

She is dressed in the colors of the Canadian flag, appropriate and a nice gesture I say. I think she looks fabulous up to now!

I thought she looked stunning! She is good at striking a balance between sexy and classy. :D She sure knows how to put things together. Great way to pay tribute to Canada on Canada Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom