Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love their loving looks at one another. It amazes me that they were able to keep the depth of their feelings for one another from the prying press. They must have concentrated very hard NOT to look at one another that way. It is a joy to see.:)

that is a full schedule! i'm surprised they will do so much on the day they arrive, they will struggle to keep awake later than 6pm seeing the time difference!

they apparently travelled with a canadian forces airbus. i wonder if it is only used for dignataries and VIP users. wonder what it has inside :)

it seems in the schedule that wednesday is a day off for the couple. i wonder why they left one day off? is it to recover from the busy schedule?

It's the same plane the Prime Minister uses.

I forgot there are a special thread just for the riyal tour! William and Catherine were so warmly received by the Canadians, it was lovely. The look exchanges are always my favorite part. this is a reserved couple , so I really get excited with little :D

Apparently The Queen lent some jewels for Catherine to use during the tour, and that makes me even more anxious about their upcoming appearances.

I love their loving looks at one another. It amazes me that they were able to keep the depth of their feelings for one another from the prying press. They must have concentrated very hard NOT to look at one another that way. It is a joy to see.:)

Agree! and look at this After the couple got into their waiting car at the war memorial, their first major test of the trip over, the Duchess showed her affection - and relief - by cuddling into her husband's shoulder, prompting an approving smile in return.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...a-Kate-given-rapturous-welcome-in-Ottawa.html

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/1221258968/ID=2035400017

Last edited:
I forgot there are a special thread just for the riyal tour! William and Catherine were so warmly received by the Canadians, it was lovely. The look exchanges are always my favorite part. this is a reserved couple , so I really get excited with little :D

Apparently The Queen lent some jewels for Catherine to use during the tour, and that makes me even more anxious about their upcoming appearances.

Agree! and look at this After the couple got into their waiting car at the war memorial, their first major test of the trip over, the Duchess showed her affection - and relief - by cuddling into her husband's shoulder, prompting an approving smile in return.

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Royal tour of Canada: Kate given rapturous welcome in Ottawa - Telegraph

CBC.ca Player
I wish it was caught on camera. At least a picture. They seem very protective of their relationship which is understandable considering the scrutiny they have to go through. But I wish they'd relax every once in a while and hold hands or something. I'd love to see them show their affection for each other without holding back. Not full on PDA or anything but at least hand holding.

Who knows? Maybe when William plays polo in Cali and she's supposed to present a trophy we'll get a lil kiss there.

I can only post quickly because I have to go to bed...to get up early tomorrow morning to make my way down to Parliament Hill for the Canada Day festivities...but I was also at Rideau Hall today. I didn't get nearly as close as bweir obviously was, and my attempts at taking photos were a total failure (I had my camera angled upwards as I raised it over people's heads, and got a lot of blurry photos of trees and one blurry photo of Kate!)

However...William and Kate did come pretty close to us, and my friend was lucky enough to get a great picture, which I'm attaching here. :flowers:

Attachments

• Duchess of Cambridge1.jpg
    Duchess of Cambridge1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 709
Bweir and Rmay286...thanks for the great pictures. You are certainly closer than many of us and for that we thank you!

WillKate...I don't think you are NOT going to get a lot of outward affection from William and Kate..... the main reason is that once you see that....people will be looking for and making inferences on when they don't do it. Not to wish them bad, but we all have bad days and sometimes you don't feel bothered.

Most importantly, members of the BRF are notable for usually keeping their emotions intact.

All and all, I think it was a great first day. I can't wait until Canada Day...and Kate in red and white. Isn't there a formal banquet tomorrow night...I need to check out the itinerary.

Exciting! Will you share your experience/pictures with us? Hope it goes well.

It was exciting! I don't have time to give any description now - I saw William and Kate pretty briefly - but they/the monarchy definitely have a lot of support in Canada. William's speech (and his French) was very well received.

I'm glad I had my friends with me to take pictures, as I apparently completely fail at taking photos (and don't have a very good camera). Here is a photo I took of the Governor General, if anyone has any interest at all ;)

Hopefully I'll have better luck with the picture-taking tomorrow.

Attachments

• Picture 7625.jpg
    Picture 7625.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 193
I agree. Cocktail dress, no matter the color.

William and Kate are cute, but I need to conserve my gushing for Monaco.

My mother said the same thing. We both love Kate, but she took one look and said "Evening"

Then, "She looks beautiful"

I am very touched to see a couple so genuinely in love and so CAPABLE. They are great representatives of Britain. (Understatement, I know)

First off, thanks bweir and rmay for sharing the photos of quite the day in Ottawa. :eek:)

Second...One of my favourite moment today was at the War Memorial when they started going down the line of the Veterans. Just at the start of it, I was able to lip read William (I can do it w/certain words) introducing Kate as, "...my Wife." and the look on his face...It just lit up w/so much pride and love. So lovely to see.

Now a question...There was a lady Vet in the recieving line at the War Memorial today, but neither my Dad nor I could place/identify the Uniform she was wearing. She had on a grey-ish skirt and shirt, w/a maroon coloured jacket and beret, w/a diamond regiment/association emblem on the beret. Does anyone here know which Regiment/Association this lady was there representing? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
You might enjoy this...IMHO

Thank you so much for this. I was waiting for a video from the barbecue.
It was great to actually hear what William and Kate were saying during their conversation with the various young people. At around 2:41 William said to an athlete "I thought the Winter Olympics were amazing." He talked about it a bit more towards the end of the video.
Both of them are indeed great naturals at interacting with people.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this. I was waiting for a video from the barbecue.
It was great to actually hear what William and Kate were saying during their conversation with the various young people. At around 2:41 William said to an athlete "I thought the Winter Olympics were amazing." He talked about it a bit more towards the end of the video.
Both of them are indeed great naturals at interacting with people.

:previous:
I think something went wrong with my original post. Consider this the back-up...

YouTube - ‪Prince William, Kate greet Canadians at barbecue‬‏

How tall they are. Have anyone got an idea as to how tall the duchess is??

And Diana was said to be 5'10 or 5'11 but I think Kate is 5'9, 5'10 at most. They both look great.

Not fond of Kates dress at the BBQ but it was nice seeing the couple dressed so casually and interacting with people.
Thanks for the pictures & videos.

olebabs said:
How tall they are. Have anyone got an idea as to how tall the duchess is??

It was stated on cable channel in the US on her wedding day, that HRH is 5'10." A few years back I had heard/read, PWoW stands about 6'2."

mia_lanes said:
And Diana was said to be 5'10 or 5'11 but I think Kate is 5'9, 5'10 at most. They both look great.

Plus let's keep in mind in these pics she's wearing probably 2-3 inch heels .....

The CTV reporter said in real life William and Kate are both tall and it's hard to really grasp that from pics

Really enjoyed both Wills and Kate intereacting with young Canadians.

There were questions about university life.

Will we have today or tomorrow any live coverages with events involving participation of William and Kate?

Will we have today or tomorrow any live coverages with events involving participation of William and Kate?

Yes, we will have. They will participate at Canada day.

For Canadians, CPAC is broadcasting the citizenship ceremony live.

Kate is wearing a cream/white dress with a draped neckline and a BROOCH!!! It's a diamond maple leaf!
She has a small red hat/fascinator with some maple leaves on it
red shoes
fan shaped red clutch with gold accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom