The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Prince William & Kate: Ottawa Landing | Kate Middleton, Prince William : Just Jared

Prince William and Kate Middleton in Erdem Pictures Arriving in Ottawa

Old 06-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Courtier

Prince William talked a little bit in French. So nice of him.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Now they take a break but when is this BBQ and will there be coverage?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Nice speeches by all. William started off in French and said "It will improve as we go along." Interesting to note that the future William IV was the first royal visitor to Canada in 1786 (mentioned by the PM in his speech)

Old 06-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Courtier

A video of their arrival in Ottawa :

YouTube - ‪William and Kate arrive in Canada‬‏
Old 06-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Administrator

I know we are ALL excited about this trip.

But let's refrain from asking about photos and videos. As soon as they are available, they will be posted.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 06-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

The barbecue is at 6 pm, so an hour and a half from now. I'm not sure if there will be live coverage.

Will and Kate 'delighted' about visiting Canada - Calgary - CBC News

Prince William says he and wife Kate Middleton are "delighted" about their first trip together to Canada.
In his first public remarks in the country, William said he and Kate spoke before their wedding about their desire to visit a country his family loves.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

Kate looked gorgeous. Fabulous hair. Beautiful dress. William looked handsome but he needs to wear a new suit. I'm getting tired of his navy suit.

Kate is such a natural. She was talking to everyone and spending a lot more time than William. It was very sweet of him to wait for her to be done. They're a great team. I love how they decided together to go meet the crowd seperately. William trusts her to handle things on her own. Its just fabulous to see.

I loved his little speech sprinkled with a few lines in french. Kate loved it. She had a huge grin on her face whenever he talked in French. I loved their grins every time their wedding was mentioned. It was cute when William mentioned he and Kate wanted to visit Canada long before they got married. The crowd went wild and they both blushed. They don't need PDAs. Their love shines through even when they're standing 20 feet away from each other.

Kate's grin while William speaks French...
http://www.gettyimages.it/detail/117...-Entertainment

Their smiles when the Governor welcomes them to Canada, Honeymoon Capital of the commonwealth. They both blushed when he said that.
http://www.gettyimages.it/detail/117...-Entertainment
Old 06-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate looked pretty with her hair pulled back. Her black lace dress is lovely, but not before 5pm --- it's a cocktail dress. But nobody cares, so we'll just enjoy it.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

William and Kate are really great and have excellently coped with all the pressure around them and really support each other (at this point being very different from Charles and Diana) !
I wish only luck to them and I am sure they be warmly greeted wherever they will go
Old 06-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

This was so worth getting up early to watch. I can't wait for the BBQ I'm almost certain CBC will speak about it once it starts up. They have continuous coverage.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

From the Telegraph's live blog...

Quote:
20.48 All together now, aaaah:
After the couple got into their waiting car, their first major test of the trip over, the Duchess showed her affection - and relief - as she cuddled into her husband's shoulder and he smiled back at her.
Prince William and Kate Middleton's royal tour of Canada and the US: live - Telegraph

Video of William's speech

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13985252
Old 06-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I highly doubt Richard was trying to make it sound so sad with his tweet:
Quote:
20.26 Richard Palmer, The Daily Express's royal correspondent, paints a sad picture for William:
"Kate, Kate, Kate," the crowd shouted. Those who met William chanted: "We want Kate."
Poor lad.
On the contrary it seemed like both sides were genuinely happy with whoever they got to meet.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

On the contrary it seemed like both sides were genuinely happy with whoever they got to meet.
@RoyalReporter: There were chants for William too. But it was those people who'd already met William who particularly caught my attention.

@LynneBell1: Crowd chanting"kate1 Kate! Kate!" and "Will! Will! Will!"#royal visit
Old 06-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

I agree. But there seems to be a lot more interest in Kate. I saw when people were chanting Kate, Kate, Kate! and We want Kate! I also saw a few people chanting Will, Will, Will. I remember I read an article on BBC yesterday, where Peter Hunt wrote that he hopes that William has the strength of character to cope with being upstaged by his wife. Prince Charles used to get jealous of all the attention Diana got. I don't think that'll happen here. William seems proud of Kate and she doesn't seem like she's craving attention. She seems ok with supporting William. So its all good. Here is the Article....

BBC News - Canada royal tour: Will history repeat itself?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

I often find the British press rather cynical. I was watching the live coverage and the crowd greeting William was just as enthusiastic for him as the one on Kate's side (they weren't saying "We want Kate"...not on his side anyway)
Old 06-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Aristocracy

its not black lace...its dark blue...i think its a trend in her wardrobe .
Old 06-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I often find the British press rather cynical. I was watching the live coverage and the crowd greeting William was just as enthusiastic for him as the one on Kate's side.
Completely agree!Press always tries to create speculations and bad stories!
It was amazing to see how warmly were greeted both of them and how supportive and protective of each other they are.I think people were excited and eager to see them(especially) as they are a new couple to represent the kingdom and that Kate is a new member of royal family
Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Aristocracy

kate and wills were seen holding hands in the car ride and after the meet and greet she fell into his shoulder and sighed relief....cute
Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
its not black lace...its dark blue...i think its a trend in her wardrobe .
I agree. Cocktail dress, no matter the color.

William and Kate are cute, but I need to conserve my gushing for Monaco.