Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humera said:
because both the PoW and the DoC are heirs to the Canadian monarch, ie. Queen Elizabeth II (until now she was the only member of the royal family to have a Canadian standard). Charles will one day be King of Canada and would've received his own Canadian flag eventually, so would William.
This is all explained in the articles I've posted above.
The Governor General's website also has more on the royal tour and the three royal flags (the Queen's, Prince Charles and William's): The Governor General of Canada > 2011 Royal Tour

The way things stand, only the monarch (present or future) get their own flags. Consorts don't. So I doubt Catherine will get one.

Humera,
I do appreciate your effort to answer my question. So, both princes are only receiving this honor from the Canadian govt simply because both are future monarchs of the United Kingdom.
Most people work very hard most of their lives to receive any honor, and just simply, most never never do. So again, what very efforted jobs were done to receive the honor? 'Just because they are future monarchs,' or words that basically mean the same thing, is not a reason. What efforts, not just ceremonial, has either prince performed or carried out in Canada's honor to deserve such a 'gift?'

Is BBC World News, CNN, Sky News will broadcast all the points of the visit of Cambridge pairs Principe to Canada and the U.S.?

excited they should be here in canada soon got my DVR set to go

that is a full schedule! i'm surprised they will do so much on the day they arrive, they will struggle to keep awake later than 6pm seeing the time difference!
Thursday, June 30 – Ottawa, Ontario

2:00 p.m. Arrival in Canada
Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive at the Canada Reception Centre in the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport where they are greeted according to Canadian custom and protocol.

2:35 p.m. Laying of a Wreath at the National War Memorial
In a wreath-laying ceremony, Their Royal Highnesses pay respect to Canadians who served our nation and paid the ultimate sacrifice, from the First World War to current missions, in the name of peace and freedom.

3:15 p.m. Official Welcome Ceremony to Canada
At Rideau Hall, the Governor General and the Prime Minister officially welcome Their Royal Highnesses to Canada and the National Capital Region. This event features full military honours including a 21-gun salute.

6:00 p.m. Celebration of Youth Barbecue Reception
Their Royal Highnesses recognize Canadian youth who, through dedicated service both at home and abroad, are building a better Canada.

they apparently travelled with a canadian forces airbus. i wonder if it is only used for dignataries and VIP users. wonder what it has inside :)

it seems in the schedule that wednesday is a day off for the couple. i wonder why they left one day off? is it to recover from the busy schedule?

Watching William and Kate land in Ottawa live. Looking forward to them visiting Canada. Welcome to Canada Will and Kate. Hope you enjoy your visit to my fair country.

I loved that part of her outfit is by a Canadian label. I enjoy it when royals patronize the designers of countries they are either now representing, or will be traveling to.

Hope you get some awesome pics. I'm so jealous, I wish I was in Ottawa celebrating Canada Day and seeing William and Kate.

I'm heading out in a half an hour to see (meet?) William and Kate at a barbecue at the Governor General's residence. http://www.gg.ca/pdf/RoyalVisitMap2011public_11.pdf

My camera is charging at the moment. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures! If not, I'll see them again on Canada Day. :)

Another webstream is on CPAC: CPAC - Canada's Politics TV
Everyone's just waiting for them to arrive at the Tomb of the unknown soldier.

Couple of screenshots from the arrival

Last edited:
A windy welcome for William and Kate: Elegant Duchess steps from plane in figure-hugging dress to kick start Canada tour

Dailymail.co.uk

Love her arrival dress. She looks great.

I loved that part of her outfit is by a Canadian label. I enjoy it when royals patronize the designers of countries they are either now representing, or will be traveling to.

Catherine really is using fashion in a prefect way. Erdem is a great brand and , well, having the Duchess wear one of their pieces makes it even better.
Now waiting for the walkabout

Huge crowds in Ottawa. The Prime Minister and his wife are walking about and meeting the public right now.

Is the airport that far away?! it looks like they are taking forever

Well they're spending a lot of time talking to the veterans and other guests.

A couple more screen caps:

The crowds are huge. They keep shouting, "we want Kate". Lol.

It's nice that they are taking the time for a walkabout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom