The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
Would you trade your job and living out of the public eye for luxury, but the rigor of living/ working in the pubic eye?

I would seriously consider it... and this not a joke response... quite real in fact. I admit that I would seriously need to upgrade my skills in the art of public speaking but I would probably give it the ol` college try.
I hear what you are saying.... I have often thought I would like to try it for a year, and then go back to normal if I did not like it. But Royals do not have the backout option. And being Royal day in day out, year after year, I do not think I could do it.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Roseroyal, your post got me thinking. I think it would really interesting if there was a possibility for one to shadow a royal for a day and see what it was really like. I think people believe it's so easy, because they only see the glamor and the privileges (kind of like with actors and other famous persons). What we don't see is the stress these people must experience on daily basis. The knowledge that going outside could mean being hounded by the press, and one's presence at an event or a walk-about means that people want to talk and share their stories. I cannot imagine that the members of royal families don't take what they hear when amongst the people home. It's not easy to just shrug off when someone tells you about a family tragedy, or what have you. I think if public had their eyes opened a little bit, they would be less likely to criticize and assume that these folks have it easy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

Lovely piece on Kate in Canada with some unseen footage...

Part 1

Part 2
Old 07-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Commoner

Double Post.... Sorry...
Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
Lovely piece on Kate in Canada with some unseen footage...

Part 1

Part 2
Thank You....
Old 07-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Majesty

Just got through the video clips. I'm amused by the title 'Kate in Canada'. Implies that she went on her own, though of course I understand that they were referring to the focus of media being on her. Thank you WillKate for sharing.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:27 PM

I LOVE THE ROYAL FORUMS! I can't wait to spend a whole weekend going through all the William and Catherine posts.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Hey Brit ,
You are right, I felt the urge.
Look

To India? where did you read that, Ghost?
Mia so sorry I never got back to you on this. I SO thought. I finally found out I heard it on CBC

Found this quote on royalinsight by one of their members.
Quote:
According to my friend, Catherine let it slip yesterday that her and William will be visiting Indian soon. She says she saw it on CBC when they were interviewing people about meeting them yesterday. Anyone else in Canada see this? Would they do another tour so soon?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Majesty

This is made by a fan/observer, but it's still amusing.
‪Meeting Prince William and Kate at Peake's Quay in Charlottetown, PEI, Canada‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Found the FULL Canada Day Evening Show. CBC only aired part of it
Celebrate Canada Day in Canada's Capital Region (Ottawa - Gatineau)

I have to say something. After this tour I've come to the conclusion that we saw a whole different monarchy especially in William. Over the last 2 years he's greatly changed for the better (now was it because of Kate or something else I dunno) but this tour really brought it out in full force. These 2 are remarkable and we're so lucky to have them. And I'm so proud to be able to call them my future King and Queen.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I have to say something. After this tour I've come to the conclusion that we saw a whole different monarchy especially in William. Over the last 2 years he's greatly changed for the better (now was it because of Kate or something else I dunno) but this tour really brought it out in full force. These 2 are remarkable and we're so lucky to have them. And I'm so proud to be able to call them my future King and Queen.
My knowledge of William 2 years ago is quite limited. How has he changed?

ETA: Thank you for all your links, etc. It has made my new obsession much easier!

Maybe it had something to do with Kate or perhaps William is just growing up?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Found the FULL Canada Day Evening Show. CBC only aired part of it
Celebrate Canada Day in Canada's Capital Region (Ottawa - Gatineau)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
My knowledge of William 2 years ago is quite limited. How has he changed?

ETA: Thank you for all your links, etc. It has made my new obsession much easier!

Maybe it had something to do with Kate or perhaps William is just growing up?
I think it's a combination of both - his beloved Catherine is now his wife and I think he has found his place in life, the way he wants to live it.

Also playing a huge part in it, imo, is that he is allowed to do that. There is no added pressure on him (and Catherine now) to step up and play a very active role as of yet. They have 'off time' until he's done with the RAF in 2013. Which I think is a perfect time to lay the foundation for their marriage.

They already had the foundation for their relationship - which led to the wedding, and now is the time to cement their marriage. And Anglesey provides the perfect surroundings for that, in my opinion.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do like them, but don't yet feel they've done anything yet to be "remarkable." In time, though, they will be.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I think it's a combination of both - his beloved Catherine is now his wife and I think he has found his place in life, the way he wants to live it.

Also playing a huge part in it, imo, is that he is allowed to do that. There is no added pressure on him (and Catherine now) to step up and play a very active role as of yet. They have 'off time' until he's done with the RAF in 2013. Which I think is a perfect time to lay the foundation for their marriage.

They already had the foundation for their relationship - which led to the wedding, and now is the time to cement their marriage. And Anglesey provides the perfect surroundings for that, in my opinion.
I agree Skippy. Also wanted to add in the way William's change from 2 years ago I'd say 2 years ago I felt like William was retreating into his shell. He didn't seem happy with where his life was going didn't seem to want to do royal duties as such. Atleast that's how it seemed personally to me. Now I feel he wants it much more and he seems much more into his work and his charities and wants to do more and explore with his options. Also your welcome Royal Newbie.

Well Kitty for me I find them remarkable just through their personality and spirit more so. I haven't seen 2 people especially members of a royal family so happy and so down to earth and approachable in a long time so that's why I used the word remarkable.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Gentry

I enjoyed the "Kate in Canada" documentary. At first I too scoffed at the name, but it was well done and interesting. I disagreed though, with the magazine editor (?) who said that everyone was shouting for Kate and she overshadowed William. I think the overshadowing part is true for forums and media, but at the actual event there was reasonably equal interest in both of them.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Totally. I mean obviously everyone wished they could have greeted both of them. It's only normal for everyone to want to get a glimpse of the new bridge but this time I heard chants for both William and Kate so no definitely no repeat of the 83 tour

Great article
Yellowknife's royal afterglow

2 other great articles
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/can...?domain=fpnews
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/30...-will-and-kate

Very cute both Wills and Kate spoke french to the children at the hospital in Montreal
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/bgaqer
Old 07-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Commoner

I like Their tour to Canada.Many Catherine's outfits appealed me.Excepet this it was very spontanious and well-organized.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
how wonderful that catherine and the girl had their picture taken together. would any other royal have let that happen?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
how wonderful that catherine and the girl had their picture taken together. would any other royal have let that happen?
Once again this shows just how much both Will and Kate get into the mood of what they're doing and they actually really enjoy meeting the people and talking with them and put it on as much as a personal level as they possibly can. That one picture that was snapped of Kate with someone in the crowd is probably going to have a place of honor in that person's home for the rest of their life.

I also noticed that its team WillandKate charisma. Had to laugh as the person filming for a few minutes there probably wished she had two cameras so she could follow both William and Kate at the same time rather than scan back and forth between the two.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
I think William did take a picture with a fan when he was visiting St. Andrew's in February. It was very sweet to see.

Osipi, if I were in that girl's position, I'd back that picture up ten times over (leave it on my camera in case computer and external hard drive go), and frame the printed copy. Sounds a bit obsessive, but my old computer crashed, and a lot of my pictures with various theatre actors were lost. I still have them on my facebook, but I hated that I lost them anyway.