The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Kate Middleton and William unveil new flag for Canada trip

Read more: Kate Middleton and William unveil new flag for Canada trip | Metro.co.uk

Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

William & Catherine are leaving for Canada. June 30, 2011

In the navy: Prince William and coordinated Kate board plane to Canada as ten-day royal tour begins | Mail Online

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato

Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Commoner

Is BBC World News, CNN, Sky News will broadcast all the points of the visit of Cambridge pairs Principe to Canada and the U.S.?
Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Here's video of their departure.

GG: Royal visit will be 'historic event' - CTV News
Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Duke and Duchess of Cambridge depart for Canada
Old 06-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Courtier

I'm heading out in a half an hour to see (meet?) William and Kate at a barbecue at the Governor General's residence. http://www.gg.ca/pdf/RoyalVisitMap2011public_11.pdf

My camera is charging at the moment. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures! If not, I'll see them again on Canada Day. :)
Old 06-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I'm heading out in a half an hour to see (meet?) William and Kate at a barbecue at the Governor General's residence. http://www.gg.ca/pdf/RoyalVisitMap2011public_11.pdf

My camera is charging at the moment. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures! If not, I'll see them again on Canada Day. :)
Exciting! Will you share your experience/pictures with us? Hope it goes well.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy

Here try this link for their departure.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Aristocracy

excited they should be here in canada soon got my DVR set to go
Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

that is a full schedule! i'm surprised they will do so much on the day they arrive, they will struggle to keep awake later than 6pm seeing the time difference!
Quote:
Thursday, June 30 – Ottawa, Ontario

2:00 p.m. Arrival in Canada
Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive at the Canada Reception Centre in the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport where they are greeted according to Canadian custom and protocol.

2:35 p.m. Laying of a Wreath at the National War Memorial
In a wreath-laying ceremony, Their Royal Highnesses pay respect to Canadians who served our nation and paid the ultimate sacrifice, from the First World War to current missions, in the name of peace and freedom.

3:15 p.m. Official Welcome Ceremony to Canada
At Rideau Hall, the Governor General and the Prime Minister officially welcome Their Royal Highnesses to Canada and the National Capital Region. This event features full military honours including a 21-gun salute.

6:00 p.m. Celebration of Youth Barbecue Reception
Their Royal Highnesses recognize Canadian youth who, through dedicated service both at home and abroad, are building a better Canada.
they apparently travelled with a canadian forces airbus. i wonder if it is only used for dignataries and VIP users. wonder what it has inside :)

it seems in the schedule that wednesday is a day off for the couple. i wonder why they left one day off? is it to recover from the busy schedule?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here appears to be Livestream
CBC.ca Player
Old 06-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Here appears to be Livestream
CBC.ca Player
Tnks Lenora
Can't wait for the next 10 days! Canadians are a nice bunch, they will have the time of their life there
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Watching William and Kate land in Ottawa live. Looking forward to them visiting Canada. Welcome to Canada Will and Kate. Hope you enjoy your visit to my fair country.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

She changed, and the hair is different!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I loved that part of her outfit is by a Canadian label. I enjoy it when royals patronize the designers of countries they are either now representing, or will be traveling to.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

Hope you get some awesome pics. I'm so jealous, I wish I was in Ottawa celebrating Canada Day and seeing William and Kate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post

Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Courtier

She looks fabulous upon arrival!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Another webstream is on CPAC: CPAC - Canada's Politics TV
Everyone's just waiting for them to arrive at the Tomb of the unknown soldier.

Couple of screenshots from the arrival
Old 06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Aristocracy

Here is CTV's reporting: Prince William and Kate's plane lands in Ottawa - CTV News
Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A windy welcome for William and Kate: Elegant Duchess steps from plane in figure-hugging dress to kick start Canada tour

Dailymail.co.uk