The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Aristocracy

They look so cute! '
Kate looks gorgeous!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Z31gV/x610.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...522qh/610x.jpg

Old 07-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

So William's speech is coming up shortly
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-sufferer.html

Old 07-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Aristocracy

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Eut...ADA-ROYALS.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/U.t...ADA-ROYALS.jpg

William's voice....Poor thing!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Courtier

William is looking fit in his Stetson!!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
William is looking fit in his Stetson!!
He sure is! His plaid shirt looks good on him too!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate
He sure does! His plaid shirt looks good on him too!
You know it!! Hubba Hubba!! LOL
Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh god his voice but beautiful speech. I cried and screamed at the end when he said "our promise to Canada is that we will return"
Old 07-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Courtier

Yeah, his poor voice. If it wasn't for needing stupid wristbands I would have totally went to Calgary and try to see them tomorrow! Hope they enjoy the stampede, Kate's reaction watching the bull riders was priceless!!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy

I loved how William started his speech. "Well, this is different!"

When he got off the stage coach, there was a guy waiting to shake his hand so William quickly shook hands with him and turned around to help Kate get off that ladder. Its so lovely to see him take care of her like that. He never fails to do it. Kate is a lucky gal.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
You know it!! Hubba Hubba!! LOL
If I didn't know who he was, I would have pegged him for a country singer. Yee-haw! Err....he does look rather smashing .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

If I didn't know who he was, I would have pegged him for a country singer. Yee-haw! Err....he does look rather smashing .
I was raised around cowboys, so I have a definite weakness for guys in hats and spurs. If William had spurs on his boots, I would absolutely die!! (He does have that Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney thing going on!)
Old 07-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I was raised around cowboys, so I have a definite weakness for guys in hats and spurs. If William had spurs on his boots, I would absolutely die!! (He does have that Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney thing going on!)
He has the look, now he needs to start singing some songs with profound lyrics (those singers have a good number of songs that have made me either think or cry, or both, such as the song Jackson wrote about September 11th).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

He has the look, now he needs to start singing some songs with profound lyrics (those singers have a good number of songs that have made me either think or cry, or both, such as the song Jackson wrote about September 11th).
I would bawl my eyes out if he were to ever sing "Remember When", or even "livin' on Love".

So the last day's coverage on CBC starts at 4am!!!! OMG!!! It better be good! LOL
Does anyone know how well CBC is going to cover them in Cali?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Ya that's what I wanna how well will Cali trip be covered by either CBC or CTV.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Those picture give me nightmares from nursing school!!!. My school had them and we used them for finals before we went into our last clinicals. I'm getting cold sweats just looking at "Stan"!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I agree with you one hundred percent. William and Catherine are trying their hardest to gain respect via merit, rather than status and wealth. That alone makes them more approachable, personable and genuine. I hear of a great deal of celebrities just giving donations, but never really taking interest in what it is they are donating to. This couple is different, because they try to find out exactly what the causes is, and what they can do to make a difference. My proverbial hat goes off to them for their efforts and sincerity.
People in the public eye who I most admire tend to be ones that have that quality- they do not do charity work for " show", they do it, they get involved, because they care. They are not part of charity to be wealthy figureheads, to give money, but never to give their heart and time in service to others. Instead they do give their hearts and time in service to others in need. This is certainly true of W&C.

BTW. I just read the story about little Diamond! Where are the tissues? Need I say more? That speaks volumes to the kinds of people W& C are. As does them going to see fire victims!And the list of compassionate acts goes on and on, and to think this is only the first tour! The UK is lucky... The world is lucky...
To top it all off, my heart is a- flutter at the thought of Will in a Stetson, and plaid shirt. Kate is one lucky gal!...
Added: I just read the letter Diamond wrote! Man oh man, Daria you were right, there are no words!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Aristocracy

while I'm not in love with the yellow dress. I thought Catherine looked awesome in the jeans/shirt/cowboy hat.

Now we just need to get her a pair of leather chaps... YEEEHAAAA!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Serene Highness

When, in the airport, William and Catherine arrived, the wind was so strong I was afraid for an wardrobe malfunction.
Once they arrived in full country mood I had to laugh, I was glad they dressed up (specially William, he looked might fine , If I may). His speech, as before, mentioned his family, this time his great-grandmother.
As this part of the tour comes close to the end, I'm more than satisfied with what I saw. I'm really glad they have each other, cause this kind of life works much better if you have your best friend around .
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Sweetest part of the entire tour. How wonderful they were able to grant her wish...
And if I understand from reading the Royal Tour article correctly, Diamond gets to go to Disneyland too! How wonderful! I shared the letter with my mom- we both are in tears!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

The pictures from Calgary are wonderful. I wasn't sure how they'd both look in stetsons but they pulled it off really well. Their entire outfits looked natural and quite cute.

I also thought that the visit to Slave Lake was a great gesture on their part. Very often even terrible incidents like the wildfires that ravaged that town tend to get forgotten with time or at least disappear from the public's attention when they're no longer front page news. William and Kate's visit reminded us of the catastrophe that took place only a couple of months ago and the toll it took on the lives of its people. The residents clearly appreciated and were uplifted by this visit and felt that they hadn't been forgotten. The royal couple had a private meeting with them as well.

This reminds me of the Queen Elizabeth's visit in 2005, when she visited the families of the four Mounties who had been killed just a few months earlier. She attended a public ceremony to honour the victims and then met privately with their families. Therefore William and Kate's visit to Slave Lake comes as no surprise to me and I rather expected it. This is the sort of thing the royal family always does, not just in Canada but at home and elsewhere in the Commonwealth.