The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Television/Online Coverage

CBC.ca Player
CTV News Video Player

Canada's parliamentary channel will also have live coverage starting tomorrow at 1:30 pm ET (keep an eye on this site because they show plenty of repeat broadcasts): CPAC - Canada's Politics TV

Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post

I like Prince William's standard. Catherine doesn't have one of her own or will she eventually get one I wonder?
I am wondering that too Humera - because I thought I saw the three acorns from the Middleton family coat of arms on the right side of this standard?

Old 06-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is William's standard. Kate won't have a standard of her own (not born royal), but they will have a blended coat of arms that will have the acorns. For anyone who does not know, the red scallop shell is from Diana's personal coat of arms.

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect. Thx.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope the other channels,as Canadian TVA will cover their arrival as well
Old 06-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Gentry

Does anyone know where they will be staying in Charlottetown? My guess is the Rodd Charlottetown but I'm not sure. George VI and Queen Elizabeth were there during their 1939 visit and Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip were there in 1951. Back then, it was just "The Charlottetown" and was owned by Canadian National Railways.
I'll be watching the Canada Day celebrations from Ottawa, via the CBC and the internet
Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I hope they get to see some of those incredibly cute black squirrels. When I vacation in Canada, seeing those little creatures is always a highlight of my trip!
I never noticed are squirrels were different until a visitor mentioned their colour.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
This is William's standard. Kate won't have a standard of her own (not born royal), but they will have a blended coat of arms that will have the acorns. For anyone who does not know, the red scallop shell is from Diana's personal coat of arms.
If the Canadian Heraldic Authority follows British practice on this, then Catherine won't have her own standard until she's the Queen consort. (Right now, she just uses the standard for "other members" of the royal family in the UK, the royal standard with an ermine border.)
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 PM

Love the black squirrels on the emerald green lawns in Toronto near one of the universities
Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

More on Prince William's flag

Article with video:

Personal Canadian flags unveiled for Prince Charles, Prince William

Prince William's flag is more like the Queen's, with a blue roundel surrounded by golden maple leaves, and containing his royal cipher, a coronet perched atop a stylized "W".

Above both roundels is a three-pointed white label, which designates all heirs. Prince Charles, as the next in line to the crown, has an all-white label, while his son's features a red shell in the middle, taken from the family's coat of arms.

As for anyone wondering why Kate hasn't received a personal Canadian flag, Boudreau said it is up to the Queen to decide who gets a flag, coat of arms or other bestowment.

Read more: Personal Canadian flags unveiled for Prince Charles, Prince William

Another article:

Prince William's personal flag in Canada revealed

Prince William will have a special marker shadowing him on his visit to Canada this week: his own flag, the first in 50 years to be created for a member of the Royal Family.
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney revealed the flag Wednesday, along with one created for William's father, Prince Charles. Prince William's personal flag in Canada revealed - Ottawa - CBC News

Old 06-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Nobility

The Telegraph will show on its website the arrival live of William and Kate on th Tarmac of Ottawa airport.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
The Telegraph will show on its website the arrival live of William and Kate on th Tarmac of Ottawa airport.
What time are they supposed to touch down in Canada?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
14:00 hrs or 2 p.m. according to this article

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2011 tour to Canada and the USA - National British Royal Family | Examiner.com

if you are in the P.E.I area. this link is also useful. I was dissappointed that the dragon boat race is only viewable if you have an invitation. bummer!

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.co...rticle/1417460
Old 06-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
2pm EDT in the United States (same time zone as Ottawa)
Old 06-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
2pm EDT in the United States (same time zone as Ottawa)
Thanks! I'm in California. So we're 3 hrs behind.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't find anything on the tv listings from Saturday onwards though I assume if anything I'll just go ahead and stream it live online on CBC
Old 06-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Nobility

Why would the Canadian government honor both HRH the PoW and his elder son, HRH the DoCam, by creating personal flags for each? Just to create more media/public attention to increase tourism { = revenue} to Canada? Truthfully, with no 'elbow grease' from either prince, as they were both born into the BRF, I do not understand the honor to either. I could understand if HRH the DssOCam, who was not born a royal, and if warranted, would in the future, receive an honor from the Canadian governmenyceither prince put forth to deserve a personal flag from the Canadian government?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Why would the Canadian government honor both HRH the PoW and his elder son, HRH the DoCam, by creating personal flags for each? Just to create more media/public attention to increase tourism { = revenue} to Canada? Truthfully, with no 'elbow grease' from either prince, as they were both born into the BRF, I do not understand the honor to either. I could understand if HRH the DssOCam, who was not born a royal, and if warranted, would in the future, receive an honor from the Canadian governmenyceither prince put forth to deserve a personal flag from the Canadian government?
because both the PoW and the DoC are heirs to the Canadian monarch, ie. Queen Elizabeth II (until now she was the only member of the royal family to have a Canadian standard). Charles will one day be King of Canada and would've received his own Canadian flag eventually, so would William.
This is all explained in the articles I've posted above.
The Governor General's website also has more on the royal tour and the three royal flags (the Queen's, Prince Charles and William's): The Governor General of Canada > 2011 Royal Tour

The way things stand, only the monarch (present or future) get their own flags. Consorts don't. So I doubt Catherine will get one.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The Duke of Cambridge (front right) talks to James Wright (left), the Canadian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom as he and the Duchess of Cambridge (rear right) walk to board a plane of the Royal Canadian Air Force at London's Heathrow Airport to travel to Ottawa for their first overseas tour as a married couple.

Belga picture gallery
Old 06-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera

because both the PoW and the DoC are heirs to the Canadian monarch, ie. Queen Elizabeth II (until now she was the only member of the royal family to have a Canadian standard). Charles will one day be King of Canada and would've received his own Canadian flag eventually, so would William.
This is all explained in the articles I've posted above.
The Governor General's website also has more on the royal tour and the three royal flags (the Queen's, Prince Charles and William's): The Governor General of Canada > 2011 Royal Tour

The way things stand, only the monarch (present or future) get their own flags. Consorts don't. So I doubt Catherine will get one.

Humera,
I do appreciate your effort to answer my question. So, both princes are only receiving this honor from the Canadian govt simply because both are future monarchs of the United Kingdom.
Most people work very hard most of their lives to receive any honor, and just simply, most never never do. So again, what very efforted jobs were done to receive the honor? 'Just because they are future monarchs,' or words that basically mean the same thing, is not a reason. What efforts, not just ceremonial, has either prince performed or carried out in Canada's honor to deserve such a 'gift?'
Old 06-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Administrator

They've received this honor as a result of their positions as future Kings of Canada, which is part of the Commonwealth.

END OF STORY. if you want to start or continue a discussion about Canada's role in the Commonwealth, please do so here The Commonwealth and Commonwealth Realms post Elizabeth .