The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Courtier

Did I miss something?

Or was there not a visit to the Anne of Green Gables House? I kept hoping to see Katharine visiting the site of her favorite books, especially when she had her Anne-ish dress on.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the welcome. I am new to forum posting (I've lurked for years), and this forum seemed a good place to start. For the most part posters are very respectful and snark is not as prevalent as other places.

Happy 4th to the American contingent here and a belated Happy Canada Day to the Canadians. You threw a very lovely party!

Mia, when I first read this I went huh??? Then the light bulb went off...DUH!!! Beautiful Grumpy Grace! If that happened at my wedding I would definitely have a special place for that picture. Not for the kiss, but for Grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
They learned the routine with Grace

Old 07-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Serene Highness

Grace is a legend! she was one of the bests things out of April 29th.

If you miss today's events here is a great video of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, spend time in Summerside, P.E.I.

CBC.ca Player

For any video of a specif event, just check under it. CBC has been spoiling us, it makes me worry about who will provide us with the streaming, TMZ ?! :P
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
They learned the routine with Grace
That expression and body language is pretty useful to have when one is trying to convey any sort of stimulation overload. It also makes a really cute picture.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Courtier

By far my favorite day of the tour thus far!!! I loved watching the Dragon Boat races. When they're getting set and Catherine is standing and then she swaps places to have a go at the rowing portion, I love William's attentions to her. He can't seem to help himself, his attention gravitates to her! It's refreshing to see a couple who are obviously captivated by one another without feeling the need to flaunt it and hang off of one another!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Little Grace was so cute. Her facial expressions were priceless. She definitely stole the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN View Post
Thank you for posting this picture. I shed a tear when I saw this - remembering his mother. How proud she would be of him - at the tenderness with which he treats his wife. Well Done William and Catherine.
You're welcome. She would definitely be really proud of him.

I think this is a lovely photo of Kate.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...ma7zo1_400.jpg

Ladongas, I believe they did visit the house. I thought I saw a photo of them touring it but I can't find it now. I did find this though.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...rmi6o1_500.jpg
Old 07-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
By far my favorite day of the tour thus far!!! I loved watching the Dragon Boat races. When they're getting set and Catherine is standing and then she swaps places to have a go at the rowing portion, I love William's attentions to her. He can't seem to help himself, his attention gravitates to her! It's refreshing to see a couple who are obviously captivated by one another without feeling the need to flaunt it and hang off of one another!
That's my favorite moment too other than the hug of course! Even when her boat passed his (she was steering at that point), his eyes never left her. He was looking at her smiling and trash talking. Their little looks and smiles make it clear how much they love each other. They don't need to make out like some do but I love their little PDAs every now and then. Their hug today was so precious! So darn adorable.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Courtier

Thank you to everyone who has posted pics and links. It feels as if I am part of their tour and everyday I look forward to the next instalment. Love the tender moments between them even if it's just a hand on the back, shows the love they have for one another.

People say Dianna would have been so proud of him and yes she would have been but I think Charles has also played a huge role in William being the way he is to his wife. It's hard for me to picture Charles as loving, warm touchy-feely person but then I just have to look at pics of Charles with his sons after Dianna's death and immediately I get a different opinion of Charles.

Kate's outfits have been lovely especially the outfit she wore yesterday on Prince Edward Island. Now if only William will start wearing a suit in a different colour!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

They arrived in Yellowknife pics are up
Photo from Reuters Pictures
Old 07-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
It's Nike and $80 online.....

Www.whatkatewore.com

It may be a Nike made jacket, but it's also something that Tourism Prince Edward Island obviously ordered from them as part of what they offer to Visitors as a keepsake of their Visit to Canada's Smallest Province. Once the order is shipped and delivered, those jackets are Tourism PEI's to sell.

And as I said, they'd better have prepared a bulk order of those things. They're going to be in great demand now. I'd love one myself.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Or was there not a visit to the Anne of Green Gables House? I kept hoping to see Katharine visiting the site of her favorite books, especially when she had her Anne-ish dress on.
Welll....Techinically she did visit Green Gables, as that was the house that was a part of that sand sculpture they saw on the beach. Even though the commentator on CPAC kept saying it was a sand sculpture of Westiminster Abbey they were seeing.

I've heard of stubborn commentators sticking to the briefing notes and only the briefing notes, but that was beyond annoying and also rather clueless and embrassing as well to CPAC. That or...Westminster Abbey has really changed since the Wedding...
Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Meanwhile... back in the UK, I can imagine that there are 4 people that are beaming from ear to ear as they follow William and Kate's Canadian tour. They would be HM, the DoE, Charles and Camilla.

One the most outstanding aspects of this entire tour to me is that both William and Kate did NOT act like they were performing official state duties in going from place to place but more so as a happy couple on a vacation and joining in with the people they meet exploring Canada. They were just as happy to meet the people they did as the people were to meet them. That I think is the pure charisma that is Team Will&Kate. I really don't think either William or Kate know how to put on a facade and when you meet them, what you meet is the real person. This is perhaps why we do see glimpses into how they feel about each other. After all of the years together and keeping what they feel for each other from public view, it must be such a relief to just be able to be who they are and not be afraid to show it.

One time that stood out for me and I really wonder what they were talking about is when William was on walkabout on Canada Day outside the Hall. One person handed William a gift that she had obviously wanted to give to Kate. It was some kind of a circlet-tiara type thing and William held it and scrutinized it and was making comments and obviously asking questions. I will bet my last doughnut that person in the crowd didn't mind one little bit she got William instead of Kate. This alone shows how strong they work together as a team.

And this folks is William and Kate just starting out. They're going to be captivating the world bit by bit.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
(SNIP)... Ladongas, I believe they did visit the house. I thought I saw a photo of them touring it but I can't find it now. I did find this though.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...rmi6o1_500.jpg
Oh, thanks, soapstar! I just couldn't believe she wouldn't get a visit to Green Gables- will keep my eyes open for additonal photos.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Courtier

Ah, yes, everyone's favorite book:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Welll....Techinically she did visit Green Gables, as that was the house that was a part of that sand sculpture they saw on the beach. Even though the commentator on CPAC kept saying it was a sand sculpture of Westiminster Abbey they were seeing.

I've heard of stubborn commentators sticking to the briefing notes and only the briefing notes, but that was beyond annoying and also rather clueless and embrassing as well to CPAC. That or...Westminster Abbey has really changed since the Wedding...
Anne of Westminster Abbey....
Old 07-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
Thank you to everyone who has posted pics and links. It feels as if I am part of their tour and everyday I look forward to the next instalment. Love the tender moments between them even if it's just a hand on the back, shows the love they have for one another.

People say Dianna would have been so proud of him and yes she would have been but I think Charles has also played a huge role in William being the way he is to his wife. It's hard for me to picture Charles as loving, warm touchy-feely person but then I just have to look at pics of Charles with his sons after Dianna's death and immediately I get a different opinion of Charles.

Kate's outfits have been lovely especially the outfit she wore yesterday on Prince Edward Island. Now if only William will start wearing a suit in a different colour!
Excellent post. Reading the press, and the internet boards, one would come to the conclusion that Charles was a monstrous father and any piece of goodness William has in him is from his mother. Which is quite obviously not the case.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Some screen-shots from PEI...the Premier of the province announced a scholarship in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's name.

At Province House, birthplace of Canadian Confederation

Old 07-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Excellent post. Reading the press, and the internet boards, one would come to the conclusion that Charles was a monstrous father and any piece of goodness William has in him is from his mother. Which is quite obviously not the case.
Yes, Charles certainly deserves a lot of credit for how they turned out. That they persevered after Diana's death and retained their tenderness is a true testament to Charles, and dare I say, to Camilla for giving him the support he needed to be a loving father.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

William & Kate looks great together and very much make a great couple. Seeing them together on such a high watched tour is nice to see them enjoying themselves.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Sorry but I find this visit is becoming pointless already ... and they havent even arrived in celebrity country.

What I like is seeing William being very comfortable travelling with his new wife, they look like a good team.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sorry but I find this visit is becoming pointless already ... and they havent even arrived in celebrity country.

What I like is seeing William being very comfortable travelling with his new wife, they look like a good team.
Why is it a becoming a pointless visit?