The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I hope PEI Tourism's got those black fleece jacket Kate's wearing in bulk supply.

They're going to need them.

OMG!!! She didn't just say what I think I heard her say, did she?
What did she say?

Old 07-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

And of course, when in PEI, you *have* to meet Anne.

BTW...If any of you are lucky enough to visit PEI during the summer when the Charlottetown Festival is on and Anne of Green Gables is playing, please go and see it. We visited the Maritimes in 1985 and my Dad and I were lucky enough to snag the last two tickets to that night's performance. Excellent, excellent show!!! Go if you can if you're in PEI during the Summer Months!! :o)

Old 07-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Well, IIRC, the presenter/performer when she attempted to thank William and Kate to PEI/being there today, she called him...

"The Douche of..."

Then she looked horrified beyond words and covered w/, "Oh no...That did NOT just happen..."

At least that's how I heard it, but I was also on my way down the stairs when I heard it, so could have that wrong.
Serene Highness

Me too! tell us
ok, lol!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Aristocracy

More pics of the hug

Prince William & Kate Middleton: Dragon Boat Race Rivals | Celebrity-gossip.net
Old 07-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate
A very sweet, genuine moment!!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8
Well, IIRC, the presenter/performer when she attempted to thank William and Kate to PEI/being there today, she called him...

"The Douche of..."

Then she looked horrified beyond words and covered w/, "Oh no...That did NOT just happen..."

At least that's how I heard it, but I was also on my way down the stairs when I heard it, so could have that wrong.
Lol but I thought they meant Kate said something....
Old 07-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Here is a great one

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...l67wo1_500.jpg

best day so far :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

I realized that's how it much have looked/sounded in my post after I hit post. Sorry about that Everyone.

Could someone please tell this twit at CPAC that Green Gables and the Confederation Bridge does *not* look like Westminster Abbey. Talk about going strictly by the briefing notes and not taking a look at the coverage once in a while...
Old 07-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:

"The Douche of..."

Oh my.....that can be quite...awkward to say the least. I did crack up just a little though.

Mia Mae, I love the picture you posted. This is a really genuine moment and shows how they feel about one another (and that he cherishes his wife).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Courtier

They seem completely relaxed and at total ease on the island. It suits them! :)
Old 07-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/kate+mi...e/2/2354781944

Nice pics from the day
Old 07-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Kate Middleton Pictures - The Royals visit Prince Edward Island - Zimbio

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Canadian Tour - Day 5

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive for welcoming ceremony on Prince Edward Island | Mail Online
Old 07-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Oops, someone took a pic of Kate's bloomers, it's the second picture. Glad to know I'm not the only one who still wears bloomers.

Those don't appear to be bloomers. They look like Spanx or some other kind of bodyshaping undergarment. Either that, or it's a slip and because of the way only one side of her dress flew up, we can't tell for certain.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

They fit too loose to be spanx. It looks more like shorts or maybe some type of undergarment sewn into the dress. Whatever it it is, it was smart of her to have them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
It really is.

Quote:

"The Douche of..."

I heard that. She was so embarrassed.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Courtier

soapstar

Your avatar is my fave picture of the day!.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post

very sweet!
Old 07-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Courtier

This photo makes me smile...I feel like it really shows the care the new Duchess is taking to greet people person to person. Although she seems to be shaking someone else's hand at the same time, she has paused graciously to take a picture with a girl who looks soooo thrilled to be meeting her. It's not common we see something like that, and obviously it's not something that can happen frequently considering the size of the crowds.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 07-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Majesty

I think looking at the picture posted above, one can definitely conclude that the Cambridges are very personable and approachable Royals. I love that they take time to chat to their supporters and pose for pictures (when possible). I think they understand that these people came and waited for hours regardless of the weather to see them, and being able to have a picture with one of them would make someone's day.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

I guess we could call this portion seeing where the Wedding Fund money went to in Canada? :o)