The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Serene Highness

Live streaming Charlottetown: Prince William and Kate visit Province House

CBC.ca Player

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
I don't think it hurt Canada's image at all. In fact, as an American I think we would have less respect for Canada if at least a few hundred people didn't show up and do some gentle heckling and wave a rude sign or two. Sheesh. You needed someone to demonstrate that Canadians have a bit of self-respect. After all, our biggest national holiday is when we kicked the British out.
Did I say this hurt *Canada's* image? No. I said this will have hurt *Quebec's* image. Not to mention having the rest of Canada being fed up yet again w/how Quebec yet again embrassed themselves on the World Stage thanks to a vocal few.

There is a big difference there, as when the pundits look back on this tour, it's always going to be how the rest of Canada welcomed them w/open arms, but in Quebec there was...*fill in the blanks*

That bolded part BTW, is rather digusting and insulting to Canadians on this board. If we "needed someone to demonstrate that Canadians have a bit of self respect", perhaps you need someone to teach you to think about how such a remark would go across w/the Canadian members of this board.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

By the way,on the Francocanadian channel TVA they permanently make reports about William and Kate's Canadian Tour and call her Princess Kate,so the people interested in them there are in different parts of Canada
Old 07-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator

I don't think it hurt Canada's image at all. In fact, as an American I think we would have less respect for Canada if at least a few hundred people didn't show up and do some gentle heckling and wave a rude sign or two. Sheesh. You needed someone to demonstrate that Canadians have a bit of self-respect. After all, our biggest national holiday is when we kicked the British out.
Canada has plenty of self respect, not to mention the respect of many world-wide.

Says alot when you say that there would be less respect if there wasn't a few hundred hecklers and rude signs. If that garners respect, I'll pass.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

wow, do they have time to eat in between? what a busy days!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Here is a first pictures of today.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine's dress today is by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

I really love Kate's outfit today.

One thing I've noticed, she really does like three quarter length sleeves, doesn't she? So do I and love them during Summer, as they're cool enough if it's hot, but also long enough for comfort if the weather should change.

Really nice outfit for today. Can't wait to see what Kate wears for the Dragon Boat Race. Apparently, the Premier of PEI and his wife will be joining William and Kate for it. The Premier in William's boat and the two Kates in the other one.

This could get ugly. ;o) :oD
Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE/=Tiggersk8;1280322]
Thank God they're out of Quebec. I hope those protestors are proud of themselves though. They've certainly given themselves and their Province a black eye in the World's Press thanks to their antics. I'm just surprised it happened in Montreal. I would have thought that would have happened in Quebec City. Regardless, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that something horribly nasty almost did happen and it sure doesn't help Quebec's image too much, does it? [quote]

Democracy in action! Rejoice! Democracy is not always pretty, it is occassionally downright ugly, but it is democracy and people have the right to demonstrate. It appears as if the police handled the demonstration well and no one got hurt.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

Why is my post on them leaving Quebec is being used over and over again as "an example"?

I get it's Democracy in action. I get people have the right to protest. *IF* it was the Monarchy they were protesting. It wasn't. Not really. This was a cover for Quebec Separatists to yet again act like little spoiled brats because they think the Province of Quebec should be treated w/special right and privledges above what any other citizen of Canada expects.

Well guess what? I'm sick and tired of seeing these people use whatever event they *think* puts down Quebec's right and freedoms as their own platform and w/one large brush, painting the rest of Quebecers as sharing their beliefs. If they used whatever brains they have, they'd realize being able to protest, means they *have* rights and freedoms. The same rights and freedoms as every other Canadian Citizen has.

Also as the relative of Veterans of World War II, I find it digusting to the extreme to see these arrogant twits claiming they have no freedom or rights. If they want to fight for Freedom and Rights, then perhaps they should visit Syria to see what it's actually like to have no Rights or Freedoms.

And on that note...I'm done. I'm also sick and tired to see my posts being used for someone else's agenda to educate poor little me on how Democracy works. Believe me, I don't need to be taught that. My Uncle and Cousin who fought in Italy and Holland taught me those very things from a very early age.

Could the Mods please step in and stop this? Thanks!!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Some great and big pictures of today's event so far Photos: Prince William and Kate in Prince Edward Island | News | National Post

P.E.I. Premier Robert Ghiz prepares to dragon boat race with Kate against a team that will include Prince William

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/1221258968/ID=2041281513

Live streaming coming up -Dalvay by the Sea: Prince William takes part in a 'waterbird' helicopter landing exercise

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canad.../ID=1854897866
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Its time to move on to the actual visit and leave the political discussions (Quebec, democracy in action, etc) out of this thread.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without warning. That includes everyone who has "Just one last thing to say" before we move on.

Yes, your post will be deleted as well.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Duke and Duchess of Cambridge -The Canadian tour
Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweir View Post
This trip has been an absolute triumph so far. The protesters must be so disappointed. LOL

I'm back home with very sore feet, but here are some of my photos from the second and third day TRH spent in Ottawa. Click on the photos below for the full image sets:

Canada Day:

Canadian War Museum:

Thank you for sharing your pictures! I'm guessing you were able to be relatively close.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

And the Sea King's about to take off.

I hope this goes as smoothly as planned...

Thank you Zonk!!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Courtier

William doing his pilot thing in PEI!! Looking good in that Canadian Forces flight suit!!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

Everyone can watch it here, it' actually really good

CNN.com Live
Old 07-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
Everyone can watch it here, it' actually really good

CNN.com Live
CNN interupted their coverage for the flipping Casey Anthony trial....ugh!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

Nice landing William!!

This is *very* cool for me to watch, as my Cousin Morag's a Sea King pilot in the Cdn Air Force and this is giving me a look into what some of her training is like.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Some great and big pictures of today's event so far Photos: Prince William and Kate in Prince Edward Island | News | National Post
Oops, someone took a pic of Kate's bloomers, it's the second picture. Glad to know I'm not the only one who still wears bloomers.