The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Administrator

At this time I am very much reminded of a much repeated quote (not sure if its true are not), but someone once said Catherine was very lucky to be dating William, and she replied...He is lucky enough to be dating me!

What is very apparent from these pictures are that they are a great team together. What a fantastic trip thus far. I can't wait until this evening.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

Apparently that's not the end: from CBC twitter
William, Kate to attend Parliament Hill fireworks show . Royals joined thousands for Canada Day afternoon revelry #rv

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Commoner

Wonderful couple!! They make such a great team together. The brits are fortunate.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Apparently that's not the end: from CBC twitter
William, Kate to attend Parliament Hill fireworks show . Royals joined thousands for Canada Day afternoon revelry #rv
Oh christ they're going to have me up all night haha not that I mind
Old 07-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

I wish she would stop plonking her hats on loose flowing hair. It does nothing for her despite the fashion police being so far up her behind that they will say anything she does is fabulous.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the maple leaf pin, though I agree rubies would be better than diamonds.

However, when they were in Quebec, would it be acceptable if she wore a fleur-de-lis?

(But that is connected to the French monarchy, right?) Anyone know about this?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

I was at the Canada Day ceremony in Ottawa today - here are some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Canada Day 2011 067.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	277893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Canada Day 2011 077.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	277894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Canada Day 2011 079.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	277895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Canada Day 2011 082.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	277896  

Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

I'll try to create a Flickr account and post the larger versions of my photos there at some point, but in the meantime, here is another photo of Prince William - my friend took it. The second one I took of Stephen Harper - not as exciting, I know, but it still shows how close we were (briefly)! to the walkabout after the ceremony.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prince William.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	277897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Canada Day 2011 107-1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	277898  
Old 07-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

To me, the biggest surprise of today's speech by William, and a really wonderful one at that, was his shout out to all of those taking part in the Recovery Efforts going on in Quebec, Manitoba, Sask and Alberta. All four Provinces have been hit and hit hard by Mother Nature either w/flooding or Forest Fire. Such as a Forest Fire literally wiping out much of what was the town of Great Slave Lake, Alberta and unbelievable flooding in the other three Provinces.

It was fantastic to hear William mention them and thank them for all the hard work they've done and still have to do.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

Picture of them at the 9pm event : http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...rmi6o1_500.jpg
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post

She has her hair up, in a chignon it appears, and is wearing a very striking purple dress.....and the maple leaf brooch, it looks like. It should show up better against the purple than it did against her white dress from earlier.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
She has her hair up, in a chignon it appears, and is wearing a very striking purple dress.....and the maple leaf brooch, it looks like. It should show up better against the purple than it did against her white dress from earlier.
She looks even better than earlier on. Apparently they are watching the exact same concert that was performed early today. ouch, that must be fun!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I just read on twitter that she and William got out off their seats and started to dance, but then got embarrassed after realizing they were on the big screen.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I just read on twitter that she and William got out off their seats and started to dance, but then got embarrassed after realizing they were on the big screen.
Glad they're having a good time. Hopefully we'll get some video clips.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Gentry

Try this for a link

CBC.ca Player

Last year the Queen wore the maple leaf brooch on a red dress. Maybe someday there will be one with rubies. Maybe rubies and Canadian diamonds.

Everyone I've talked to today about Kate's hat has loved it.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Serene Highness

It's not the same Concert. Just a couple of the same performers.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML View Post
Try this for a link

CBC.ca Player
Thank you for the link, but it's not letting me view. Saying that the video is not available outside of Canada. Bummer.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
It's not the same Concert. Just a couple of the same performers.
Tnks for the correction!

Here are some other photos
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 07-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank you for the link, but it's not letting me view. Saying that the video is not available outside of Canada. Bummer.
Sorry, the CBC feed was working for non-Canadians earlier.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

A shot from a video, you can see better the front of the dress. Searching for it online, and could only find similar ones
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topvideo/royal...tralarge_1.jpg

More pictures :)
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

http://www.daylife.com/search?q=duchess+of+cambridge