The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

ugh what a wonderful day it's been so happy and just think we also have tonight to look forward to!

Old 07-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
At the risk of running afoul of the censorship police, I didn't care for her day outfit today either. I personally don't like these fascinators that masquerade as hats, which seem to be a big trend among the upper classes in Europe these days, though I do appreciate the maple leaf in her hat. I also appreciated that she wore the Queen Mother's diamond maple leaf broach, but I think it's time the royals got a new one (maybe in rubies so it shows up on white) as we see this piece of jewelry every time the Queen makes a visit to Canada (and now Kate).
And why should you? As you stated, you didn't care for the outfit and that's more than fine. However, that's all you said. Just an opinion and not a nasty spiteful attack against someone you'll never meet and for some odd reason need to attack whenever the chance arises.

Big difference between postings IMO.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
I think it's time the royals got a new one (maybe in rubies so it shows up on white)
I completely agree with this. It's hard to see such a pretty diamond brooch against the white dress.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Gentry

Thanks for the photos. Especially the first one. I wish everyone the love and happiness that radiates from William and Kate.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Majesty

I love the enthusiasm of the public during this visit. It would appear that at some points in his speech, William saying his wife's name got the crowd going. Again, many endearing facial expressions on the both of them. Great day number two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalWatcher76 View Post
Thanks for the photos. Especially the first one. I wish everyone the love and happiness that radiates from William and Kate.
That is a beautiful sentiment, and I second it wholeheartedly.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Aristocracy

Wow was downtown Ottawa ever packed today! Never have I seen it like this! I missed W&C in the processional to Parliament Hill but got to see both of them in the recessional to Rideau Hall. They rode back in two separate cars. They look amazing in pictures and real life. I didn't get a chance to take a pic since the motorcade was moving fairly quickly and was difficult with everybody else waiving their arms in front of me and cheering.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalWatcher76 View Post
The pictures are lovely and show exactly how this couple are with each other. William shy about all the attention and Catherine reassuring hand. I will say again, Canadians really surprised me.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I love the enthusiasm of the public during this visit. It would appear that at some points in his speech, William saying his wife's name got the crowd going. Again, many endearing facial expressions on the both of them. Great day number two.

That is a beautiful sentiment, and I second it wholeheartedly.
I loved William's smile/laughter when the crowd started screaming. And I think he looked at Kate (camera was on her), who smiled back at him. They are too sweet for words.

He helped Kate get out of the carriage.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
I completely agree with this. It's hard to see such a pretty diamond brooch against the white dress.
No wonder I couldn't see that maple leaf.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

Video of them greeting the crowd

Look at William's smile when the crowd chants We want Kate! He's so in love with her!

Old 07-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Photogallery from Zimbio

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Canadian Tour - Day 2
Old 07-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I cannot help admiring William and Kate,they gazed at each other with so much reciprocal love and confidence.I 've observed Kate's special look while William was prononcing his speech
Old 07-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Majesty

This picture made ma laugh. I've had this happen when I asked a Broadway performer for a picture, and she was taken a little off guard when the said picture was taken (the person behind the camera got click-happy and took the picture as soon as the person said 'yes' and there was no time to actually pose).
Kate Middleton Photos - Prince William and Kate Middleton at the National War Memorial - Zimbio

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this photos heck I love all the photos
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 07-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

When William talked about Catherine's grandfather and the camera was on her, you could sense she was touched. Favorite moment of the day!
Also, I love how William talked about his gradmother "The Queen of Canada" !
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:17 PM

I love the hat.. Her hair looks flat from the weather. I wish they were coming to Chicago.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's absolutely amazing how beloved these two young people are by everyone they come into contact with. The smartest thing William has ever done to date is marry that woman.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
It's absolutely amazing how beloved these two young people are by everyone they come into contact with. The smartest thing William has ever done to date is marry that woman.
I SO agree. For the past 2 days that's all I've been telling my mom. William is smart he knew that he couldn't marry just any ordinary girl. She had to have something inside her something special and Catherine definitely has that special something about her.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

CBC now has the full thing up for anyone who missed it
Here is the link for the full afternoon show CBC.ca Player
Old 07-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I SO agree. For the past 2 days that's all I've been telling my mom. William is smart he knew that he couldn't marry just any ordinary girl. She had to have something inside her something special and Catherine definitely has that special something about her.
I couldn't have said it better. I guess for my part I wondered for years what he saw in her, now I know. She's doing a great job and whoever has "groomed" her, whether it be William or someone at the palace, they have done an outstanding job getting her ready for the biggest job of her life.