Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Kate going to auction that "hat?" Time to abandon "cute"...she's not a teenager any more.

Like her white dress, but it needed something. Too "blood and bandages."

Well, I'd like to welcome all the pessimists and naysayers to just trash this wedding.

Are your lives so wretched that you either can't keep quiet or want to spoil it for us who are interested.

You folks are like thorns on a rose.

Kitty, as you noted in the thread about Albert and Charlene's wedding...

Agree, lovely gesture on Kate's part. I'm used to seeing various royals in red and white during their visits to Canada and I love all their outfits.

All I want is a pic of William in those Canadian flag glasses. I was wearing the SAME ones as I watching on tv. I jumped up and screamed when he put them on. All that came out of my mouth was " OMG HE'S WEARING MY GLASSES WELL NOT MINE BUT GET WHAT I MEAN HE'S WEARING THE SAME KIND" My mom's face was just priceless:lol:

How tall they are. Have anyone got an idea as to how tall the duchess is??

William wedding tailor said that William is 6’41/4

Last edited:
I love Kate's dress, hat, etc... I must say-I usually only post about royal wedding related stuff- but I must say- the "Kate Mania" as the press has deemed it- just keeps growing and growing. I can't stop following it since the wedding. She really is a super star. And the love and chemistry between them just lights up the entire place- where ever they go.

Every outfit is amazing- and she is beautiful. I can't wait until they get to the US

She is the epitome of class and elegance. She is like old Hollywood Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, etc.. She just has that "star quality"

Is Kate going to auction that "hat?" Time to abandon "cute"...she's not a teenager any more.

Like her white dress, but it needed something. Too "blood and bandages."

At the risk of running afoul of the censorship police, I didn't care for her day outfit today either. I personally don't like these fascinators that masquerade as hats, which seem to be a big trend among the upper classes in Europe these days, though I do appreciate the maple leaf in her hat. I also appreciated that she wore the Queen Mother's diamond maple leaf broach, but I think it's time the royals got a new one (maybe in rubies so it shows up on white) as we see this piece of jewelry every time the Queen makes a visit to Canada (and now Kate).

The white dress she was wearing,,was that not from her engagement photo? A reiss original? I remember the a-symetrical ruffle..

They both look fantastic and I'm so glad that they're getting such a warm welcome in Canada. I love the fact that William made the effort to speak some French as well. Unlike some, he at least took the time to learn a language of one of the commonwealth countries he's going to be King of some day.

ugh what a wonderful day it's been so happy and just think we also have tonight to look forward to!

At the risk of running afoul of the censorship police, I didn't care for her day outfit today either. I personally don't like these fascinators that masquerade as hats, which seem to be a big trend among the upper classes in Europe these days, though I do appreciate the maple leaf in her hat. I also appreciated that she wore the Queen Mother's diamond maple leaf broach, but I think it's time the royals got a new one (maybe in rubies so it shows up on white) as we see this piece of jewelry every time the Queen makes a visit to Canada (and now Kate).

And why should you? As you stated, you didn't care for the outfit and that's more than fine. However, that's all you said. Just an opinion and not a nasty spiteful attack against someone you'll never meet and for some odd reason need to attack whenever the chance arises.

Big difference between postings IMO. :)

I think it's time the royals got a new one (maybe in rubies so it shows up on white)

I completely agree with this. It's hard to see such a pretty diamond brooch against the white dress.

Last edited:
I love the enthusiasm of the public during this visit. It would appear that at some points in his speech, William saying his wife's name got the crowd going. Again, many endearing facial expressions on the both of them. Great day number two.

Thanks for the photos. Especially the first one. I wish everyone the love and happiness that radiates from William and Kate. :flowers:

That is a beautiful sentiment, and I second it wholeheartedly. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow was downtown Ottawa ever packed today! Never have I seen it like this! I missed W&C in the processional to Parliament Hill but got to see both of them in the recessional to Rideau Hall. They rode back in two separate cars. They look amazing in pictures and real life. I didn't get a chance to take a pic since the motorcade was moving fairly quickly and was difficult with everybody else waiving their arms in front of me and cheering.

Thanks for the photos. Especially the first one. I wish everyone the love and happiness that radiates from William and Kate. :flowers:
The pictures are lovely and show exactly how this couple are with each other. William shy about all the attention and Catherine reassuring hand. I will say again, Canadians really surprised me.

I love the enthusiasm of the public during this visit. It would appear that at some points in his speech, William saying his wife's name got the crowd going. Again, many endearing facial expressions on the both of them. Great day number two.

That is a beautiful sentiment, and I second it wholeheartedly. :flowers:
I loved William's smile/laughter when the crowd started screaming. And I think he looked at Kate (camera was on her), who smiled back at him. They are too sweet for words.

He helped Kate get out of the carriage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF62ojgYs4M

I cannot help admiring William and Kate,they gazed at each other with so much reciprocal love and confidence.I 've observed Kate's special look while William was prononcing his speech

When William talked about Catherine's grandfather and the camera was on her, you could sense she was touched. Favorite moment of the day!
Also, I love how William talked about his gradmother "The Queen of Canada" :D!

I love the hat.. Her hair looks flat from the weather. I wish they were coming to Chicago.

It's absolutely amazing how beloved these two young people are by everyone they come into contact with. The smartest thing William has ever done to date is marry that woman.

It's absolutely amazing how beloved these two young people are by everyone they come into contact with. The smartest thing William has ever done to date is marry that woman.
I SO agree. For the past 2 days that's all I've been telling my mom. William is smart he knew that he couldn't marry just any ordinary girl. She had to have something inside her something special and Catherine definitely has that special something about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom