Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Her mom does. They also have grief counseling and therapy for children whose parents or siblings are dying.
Here's a link about what Rainbow Place does: Rainbow Place | Hospice Waikato

Last edited by a moderator:
Her mom does. They also have grief counseling and therapy for children whose parents or siblings are dying.

Ah, that makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation and link.
Bailey is going to have memories that last her a lifetime- and help her get through the hard times.
No one would choose for her mom to be sick. And without that she would not have met Kate. I'm sure she would gladly trade. Kate cannot make her mom well. But she can make the situation better.
I know what it's like to be a little girl - and have your mom in the hospital a lot. Fortunately, my mom wasn't terminally ill, and is healthy now, but if I had had a duchess or princess come visit me while she was in the hospital, it would've been a big help. So I can imagine how much good it did for Bailey.

Last edited:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 22s
William & Kate are on their way to the Avantidrome. #Cambridge #RoyalVisitNZ

It seems like the media want to know that if William & Catherine are New Zealand royalty, why are there so many British flags within the crowds?

Gorgeous Bailey Taylor, 6, is what #royaltourNZ is all about. Her mum has terminal cancer: meeting Kate made her year pic.twitter.com/jWjYOO8A5m
Another one for the fans. Prince William & Kate about to enter the town hall in Cambridge #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/HUNlYRInN7
Bailey Taylor ROCKED that princess outfit and stole my heart. I only saw a photo on Twitter - but TNX Dman for the backstory. Now I know.

Bailey Taylor ROCKED that princess outfit and stole my heart. I only saw a photo on Twitter - but TNX Dman for the backstory. Now I know.

Oh yes, she totally rocked that outfit.:D
Of course, I bet little Mia - The little one from Bear cottage that was in the daily Mail a few weeks back, well rock her Princess outfit too!

Last edited:
Royals arrive at Velodrome-
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the opening of the National Cycling Centre of Excellence in Cambridge.
The crowd counted down and let loose a cheer as the royal couple entered the Avantidrome, alongside Olympic Gold winning cyclist Sarah Ulmer.

Kate and Will had their loudest cheers of the day as they entered the velodromepic.twitter.com/tCzJO3Hjn5

— AAP (@aaproyalvisit) April 12, 2014

Live Blog: Royals in Cambridge - National - NZ Herald News

Prince William officially opens Velodrome-
Prince William has officially opened the velodrome with a speech acknowledging New Zealand's rich cycling heritage.

It was an "honour" for him and his wife Catherine to open the centre, which would be the "cycling pinnacle" and "crucible of tomorrow's winners".

The Duke then christened the centre by opening the first race.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11232364

Last edited:
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 1m
Bev Hayes, 68, said about Kate :"I complemented her on her green dress. She said she liked it but William thought it was a bit bright"

AAP ‏@aaproyalvisit 6m
Interesting music choices for the royal visit to the velodrome - a Rihanna remix, now Coldplay

And yet another gift! @EwartRoyale A new bike for Prince George at the Hamilton NZ Avantidrome #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/Imv3tzIrDV
#Photo | Duke & Duchess of Cambridge greeted by enthusiastic crowds during their first week in New Zealand (Getty) pic.twitter.com/xaYXKdkimU
Almost like The Beatles Invasion.

Royal Visit NZ: Sunday agenda-
Sunday will be a massive day for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

They are due to arrive at Dunedin Airport at 9.30am where they will receive a traditional Maori greeting.

Shortly after they will attend Holy Communion at Cathedral Church of St Paul by the Octagon.

At 11am they will drive to Forsyth Barr Stadium for the Rippa Rugby Day. Prince William will rekindle his bromance with All Blacks superstar, Richie McCaw.

In the afternoon the Duke and Duchess will fly to Queenstown for an afternoon of activities. They will visit Amisfield Wineries for a tasting of some of NZ’s finest vino before a hair-raising ride on the Shotover Jet.

We’ll be online, curating all the best bits of the Royal Visit for you, from 9am.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11232364

Back at the velodrome, a new bike for Prince George
To wrap up the opening, founder of Avanti John Struthers gave the couple a tiny bike and matching helmet for Prince George. The Duchess laughed as she cut the ribbon and the box fell open, revealing the Lil Ripper bike. They were also given a miniature black and white cycling shirt for their son, emblazoned with the silver fern.
A new bike for Prince George at the Hamilton NZ Avantidrome pic.twitter.com/WbDX2QwWId
— Tim Ewart (@EwartRoyale) April 12, 2014

Little George's new cycling top
1f60d.png
#RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/w1iPkGlcHU

Last edited:
Whatever possessed that woman to wear those ridiculous leggings is beyond me, utterly pathetic IMO.

I wonder if anybody (including the woman wearing them) even realized what the image on the leggings is from. The Daily Mail is hailing them as a show of patriotism, so I'm thinking no...

Whatever possessed that woman to wear those ridiculous leggings is beyond me, utterly pathetic IMO.

Which woman? Are you talking about the women wearing the Monarch butterfly outfits?

ETA, having now read wbenson's post, it seems there is another woman with noteworthy leggings. *off to hunt for woman in controversial leggings*

Which woman? Are you talking about the women wearing the Monarch butterfly outfits?

ETA, having now read wbenson's post, it seems there is another woman with noteworthy leggings. *off to hunt for woman in controversial leggings*

That would be this woman;
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/12/article-2602953-1D0AA77800000578-409_470x743.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/12/article-2602953-1D0AE24900000578-635_964x641.jpg

Who met Prince William wearing beige leggings with an image of The Queen in black with "God Save The Queen" written over the images mouth and eyes.

AKA The Sex Pistols album cover picture - http://www.eddielock.co.uk/img/prod...d-sex-pistols-god-save-queen-flag-004-166.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear!

Perhaps she thinks they're patriotic! :D

I much prefer the women in the Monarch butterfly outfits which you can find at about :38 seconds into the video linked in Dman's post.

Last edited:
Okay, okay, I give up! Shoot me now, but the only 'whatever possessed her' I can think of is Catherine and her skinny jeans/jeggings. The others were merely amusing, those are not. If another teenaged relly tells me how great her "thigh gap" is I am going to scream!:bang::bang::bang:

George is really cleaning up...saw where he got another present, a nice bike!

LaRae

Can I say that I disliked this dress? Too "old" and baggy for her and IMO it didn't suit her... I haven't seen great dresses so far :-(

Well turns out the 'dress' is a coat..and she had a spring like dress underneath it. I have really liked her style of dressing for this tour...better than previously.

LaRae

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/12/article-2602953-1D0B42CB00000578-287_964x648.jpg

Not quite sure what the guy in the background is, not even sure I'd like to know, but he sure is novel. :p

He's the Mad Hatter - Alice in Wonderland theme - but scary! The whole thing was a little over the top - theme wise (not content wise). Entrance to the Wonderland; https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk-19o1CcAAnzT_.jpg

Fun pics from Twitter:George's Avani shirt https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk_W4Z0CUAAKJqO.jpg

William impersonating Stan Laurel: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlAzGvQCQAEsMnm.png

Thanks AdmirerUS & cinrit :flowers:

I must confess I've never seen Alice in Wonderland, so the majority of the figures are unknown to me.

So sad ... Catherine has returned to wearing her hair all over her face. Why? She looked so elegant and neat the other day. :(

Videos:
Kate and William Wow The Crowds In Cambridge-
Sky's Paul Harrison takes a look at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's tour of New Zealand so far with royal reporters from the Daily Mirror and the Sun-
Kate and William Wow The Crowds In Cambridge

I do not know who else agrees but he looks very much like his Dad. Especially in the eyes.

The Duke

Wow, that's quite the mad Hatter!;) Love that picture of Kate with the kids though. The mad Hatter looked to be one of the children dressed up, and I think one of the reasons he looked so intimidating was his disability. He couldn't help it or mean to of course. But I've worked with children like that. And often times when nonverbal children get excited, they look like that, and can be somewhat intimidating.
Yep, they went all out. But, I say when you got a duchess visiting, go big or go home!:D
William impersonating Stan Laurel - whoever Stan Laurel is was hilarious.:lol:

Another day, another dazzling designer outfit for the Duchess of Cambridge.
But Saturday's $3,000 wool-crepe Allie coat by Turkish-English label Erdem wasn't Prince William's cup of tea.
The Duchess told Hamilton local Evie Hayes, 68, who admired her outfit: 'I like it but William thinks it is a bit bright.'

The Duchess of Cambridge dazzles in green Erdem, but William thinks it's 'a bit bright' | Mail Online

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were greeted by some of the biggest crowds of their tour to New Zealand today.
More than 15,000 people turned out to greet the royal couple in Cambridge - a town where the entire population is just 18,000.
And while all were dazzled by the Duchess, who was wearing a stunning green Erdem coat, she admitted that her own husband wasn't a fan.

Duchess of Cambridge reveals Prince George's pretend driving license | Mail Online

Moderators, if you feel that the first article is more suited to Catherine's fashion thread, then please feel free to move.

George looks like Kate and even her dad. He also has dark eyes like her. The fact that his mom is 5'10 and his dad over 6 ft is probably why he seems so big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom